main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What Actress Should Play A Young Female Skywalker Jedi ? (Images)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Blue_Jedi33, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    Now, I have to conclude that this lovely lady has some lovely jooblies.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    What has that have to do with playing a young female jedi, or anything intelligent for that matter?

3. Force.Child

Force.Child Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2012
    I think whoever they are going to pick it is going to be someone we least suspect. Someone who we are leaving out. I'm not trying to sound weird or not, but Hot girls are fine, but I feel like some of the choices in this thread are a bit too "hot" lol I feel like whoever "She" is, its going to be a more down to earth and have more of a natural beauty. Most of the girls in star wars are more-so, not so much of the Sex symbol. :)

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    True, but looks are a marketable aspect so anyone they cast will likely have to be reasonably attractive.

There are always people sad enough to see something just because they fancy the lead actors, my sister does it all the time :p

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  5. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I used to want to see everything Harrison Ford was in just because it was Harrison Ford. He's been in a few forgettable films.

6. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    That's right would you rather have something like this.......
    [​IMG]

Or this

[​IMG]

Both from the Game Of Thrones, both are excellent actresses IMO........SO which one :D

7. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    I think she was mentioned before Adrianne Palicki
    Love those blue pants
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As a blonde
    [​IMG]

8. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    Oh come on this thread isn't serious. Just because a woman isn't a model doesn't mean a movie will suck or stinks. I don't care who they cast as long as it's a good role and I like the character...

I thought it was understood that this thread was sort of a joke, especially nearly 30 pages in with pictures of women...I don't think that Disney is going to cast a role based solely on appearances.

9. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    Yeah well they aren't going to cast someone like Rebel Wilson as the first ST female Jedi, and you know it.
    However she could be cast for a role on the planet Nal Hutta.
    [​IMG]

I will do it to myself, because I know it's coming by somebody[face_shame_on_you]
    Just joking.......

10. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't care if one of the main characters is over weight honestly. It's all about character, setting, story. Honestly. Just because Weaver Got old and was bald in Aliens 3 doesn't mean that I didn't think it was a totally awesome, bad ass movie. I can't think of a good over weight film part but I'm sure there is one that I really liked.. I mean realistically it's really about the story and how people relate to the story. There is more to a good movie than eye candy, let's be realistic.

I do think that the jedi will be slim but I'd be perfectly happy if she was an average, regular girl, woman to be honest. Luke was average, Padame was attractive but more or less average. Leia is stunning but still basically average...

The Star Wars movies aren't pop music videos and I'd hate to see the casting to be influenced on what is "cool" or "sexy" this isn't a rap video... this isn't Disney music. I sincerely hope just for a good story with good characters.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    They will cast someone who can act (hopefully), but you're kidding yourself if you think looks don't play a part in getting cast. Hollywood loves beautiful people, they sell tickets.

Do you really think Megan Fox gets roles because she can act?

I would like to see less of it, and there are those who break the mould, but Hollywood is a business and they do what sells.

12. Yodahasgreenfeet

Nov 4, 2012
    There are in fact several actors, actresses who aren't pretty or beautiful necessarily but fit a role perfectly. That is what good story telling is about, this isn't a Disney music pop video. If they cast a fat jolly woman and she is a interesting character I'm all for it, way before I'm for some one like Megan Fox who can't act.

And come on guy you're talking teenager films , the second where it has robot humping and sex transformers with metal tails...
    Give me a break, this is Star Wars. Their have been characters in movies of this high of billing that weren't models.

The argument is deluded and slanted. Their are several actors, actresses well past their sugar days.

Megan Fox's career is self parody for a reason now... There are several actors, actresses who got into acting because they could act and bring something special to their roles and they still have a career to go back to... Megan Fox was a typical example of a beautiful actress without substance who is going to be in more obscurity or spoof pop culture than anything else.

Megan Fox... haha

You're missing the point about appearances and an actor. Weaver is a good example of a woman who can play a multitude of respectable roles given her appearance and be diverse about it. This generation might be getting dumber and more shallow but in the real world good films are made by good characters, good story telling and good performances.

I think the girl in hunger games looks ordinary and I love that about her role and character, it adds a lot to the story. I'm not saying that their can't be a beautiful character to sell tickets but I could name a few masterpieces for you that average faces...

Almost the entire cast of Ghostbusters had a ordinary cast...

Life isn't some teeny bopping contest. I'm sorry you see things so jadedly but good films have been made with aging or unattractive casts. Most good video games have attractive characters sure, but also a large cast that includes average or less than attractive characters .

Good story telling is good story telling. It would be a very boring book to read if I was reading a book of perfect people who all looked alike, like clones. Characters are more important than being multi-dexterousness

Valairy Scot likes this.
  13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I agree with what you're saying, but I know Hollywood. It loves beautiful people as much as it loves doing remakes, sequels and reboots just to cash-in on names.

Of course there are those who are cast because they are great actors, anyone in Hollywood over 50 normally, it depends on the role that is needed.
    I have no problem with Carrie Fisher being in the ST as she is now, but someone playing a younger female character will to some extent be cast based on how marketable their look is (as will young males for that matter, look at Justin Bieber or Taylor Lautner).

Hayden Christensen clearly wasn't cast in the PT for his acting ability.

As I say I hope you are right and they cast someone who doesn't fit some attractiveness requirement, but Lucas is no longer in charge and Disney is as shallow as most of Hollywood. This is why I ask for pretty people who can act, at least then everyone is happy and not lumbered with the Megan Fox types.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  14. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd rather not see any teen age main charters with good looks and questionable acting ability (Haden Christinson?). I'd go for a young female Skywalker who is attractive and can actually act, some one who isnt famous per say- Julia Garner?

A young Skywalker female Jedi[​IMG]

I'd like to see Eva Green play a witch-she plays the role of eccentric angry woman well
    A witch of Dathomir [​IMG]

15. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    I find this thread hot and pointless..... so i'm opening one for a male lead. May not be as hot, but i think it's nessicsary.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I will create a thread that revolves around casting hot inaminate objects for Episode VII.

17. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    We already have one that I made, but it has way less posts and views, http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-a-young-male-skywalker-jedi-images.50006161/

I will admit, it came to an end really fast, who knows how long this thread will get:)

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Maybe they ran out of male suggestions :p

I couldn't think of anyone else to add to that thread.

19. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    If anything I think this has shown the competition for female talent is more intense than the male talent, seems to be a much bigger selection to choose from.

On another note I think that any of Luke's female kids should have blue eyes like her dad.
    So Emilie De Ravin
    [​IMG]

Ryan Newman

[​IMG]

Sasha Pieterse

[​IMG]

And give him a blue eyed wife too Heather Graham, can you believe she is going to be 43 next month, a Jedi can get a younger hot wife anyway. Just a wave of the hand :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Yes! Another LOST hottie I'd be on board with! [face_dancing]

[​IMG]

21. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Ellen Page & Kat Graham can be jedi.

22. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    Try another of Emilie De Ravin, posting pics is like rolling dice they are up for 5 minutes then gone

[​IMG]

23. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    This young lady does it all dances, sings, and acts, and owns hot blue leather and rocks it.
    Julianne Hough

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    While she is awesome, (Kat Graham) she is, well too dark to be of the offspring of a Skywalker / Solo unless they give Luke a darker colored wife then it could work.
    [​IMG]

But she could play Lando's daughter. That would be cool.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  25. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    As long as Emilie is up to the challenge of doing the action I think she would be perfect as Nomi Skywalker.

NOT exactly Jedi robes but . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.