main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Official Yularen in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CaptainRegor, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Clone Wars had a brief camo in the "Kidnapped" (403) as a background hologram otherwise he has not been seen or head since "Grievous Intrigue"! (214) unless you count seeing his flagship going down in "Nightsisters" We know he is alive since he did appear in Kidnapped and episode 4 (that's even confirmed by Dave)
    (the episodes is what I think is correct maybe you can correct me if I am mistaken?)
    So we have not seen him interacting with the new models for the main characters either.
    [​IMG]

So what do you think is the reason we haven't heard anything from him lately? Would you like too see him returning? Personally I would like to see an arc on the Republic army with Yularen and possibly other movie officers as critical characters.

whostheBossk and Billy_Dee_Binks like this.
  2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I do miss him. The show is doing a great job each season removing most of the things that made the show awesome or fun in the first seasons.

There haven't been many space battles and I see why he is not seen so much.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well Yularen can't die considering that he makes an appearance on the Death Star in ANH and we will see him, he is usually around Anakin

4. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I know he can't but they have really cut him out of the picture.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yup

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Maybe he's to busy with Walmart and Cash America Pawn commercials?

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Watto like this.
  7. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    I think Dave Fillioni and his team have forgotten him.

8. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Wasn't he killed in Nightsisters when Ventress destroyed the Bridge of his ship?

9. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    As I explained in my opening text, he was a hologram in "Kidnapped" and he does appear in "A New Hope" and that apperance has been confirmed by Dave (check bonus material)

10. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    True, but this is SW:TCW we're talking about.

11. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    They may change some things in the EU but they've never gone against the movies

12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Would be nice to give him something useful to do.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Would be nice to see Yularen go along with Tarkin in a plot that has the Republic doing something horrible to a poor neutral planet that just happens to be in the middle of the Separatists and the Republic's fire fight. I hope it goes something like what Prince Alloran did to the Hork Bajir on their home planet in the Animorphs series (Hork Bajir prequel). If anybody actually knows what happened in that intermediate book series there. They get a cookie.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  14. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Another casualty of the increased focus on the Annie Ahsoka Obi Wan power trio. Remember when Kit Fisto, Luminara and Mace Windu had significant roles beyond spouting exposition?

15. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    More like a decresse if you ask me but yeah I miss the time when they had more jedi in the field I want to see Mace Windu Ki-Adi back out there along with Yularen!

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    If Admiral Trench is still alive, then I wanna see Yularaen having a full on face-to-face space battle with him and finally defeating him for good.

17. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Or have Yularen battle Adrmiral Trench in HAND-TO-HAND combat (!)

Make it an homage to Sam fighting Shelob in Return of the King.

"Let him go, you filth!"

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I miss Yularen as well, I love when TCW directly connects to the OT like that. We need a bring back Yularen campaign! The mascot can be a mustache.

QuangoFett, Seerow and CaptainRegor like this.
  19. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yes it has. Obi-Wan and Anakin meet Grievous for the first time in RotS and then all of a sudden in TCW Obi-Wan and the General are best friends.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Nah, it's still a first-time meeting for Skywalker and never was explicitly so for Kenobi. That stuff hasn't changed.

21. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    I'd sign it

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree with this. Obi-wan doesn't seem at all impressed or surprised by anything Grievous does in the confrontation on Utapau nor really before that. I think they can be old foes

23. Now_Serving_No1138

Now_Serving_No1138 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    More Yularen would suit me just fine. It would be great to see Anakin grow closer to his future Imperial allies as he becomes more disillusioned with the Jedi.

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Sure, it was never explicit but that completely ruins their duel on Utapau. Obi-Wan beat Grievous because his fighting style didn't compensate for any of his weaknesses - Yoda's stature and Mace's darkness prevented them from beating Grievous. Why couldn't Kenobi beat Grievous in all their other duels but could do so on Utapau? :rolleyes:
    Hell, even Adi and Kit weren't supposed to have fought Grievous before Boz Pity and Coruscant, respectively. I'm certainly not a fan of Grievous having multiple duels against Jedi: either he murders them or they flee, unable to best him.

Furthermore, Ahsoka's existence conflicts with the films, no matter what their explanation for her absence in RotS is.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Esg like this.
  25. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Grievous fighting them before was EU I don't deny changes in that area. As of Ahsoka's absence that can make perfect sense without messing anything up. If you feel it's wrong because the character isn't even referenced, Qui-Gon wasn't referenced in the original trilogy still he though Yoda on how to become a force ghost which then again thought it to Obi-Wan...

Anyhow can we get back on topic?
    Admiral Yularen where have you gone? I have noticed that each time Anakin talks to his starship it's always Rex answering isn't it supposed to be Yularen to talk to him about those kind of matters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.