main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What's the Worst Clone Wars Episode?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by THE PortmanLuvva, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, majority of the people I think hate the episodes. Some cause of the humiliation of Grievous, others of the TOO MUCH Gungans. Sad that Tarpals and Rish Loo - the only good Gungans - were murdered in this vile episode.

I remember once on the Force Cast, the ignorrant Jimmy Mac said that he had seen all the backlash for the episode and it's diner scene and he just dissed all who did not like the episode as being "impatient" or something like that.

2. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Jar Jar's voice in this episode also sounds like hes got something stuck in his nose. It sounds annoying when a peson with a normal voice does this sort of thing but this is jar jar, his voice sounds annoying in the first place!!

3. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    depr, in b4 sum1 posts da latst 2 eps

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Too late, a few people including myself already mentioned Secret Weapons. And I'll be the first to say A Sunny Day in the Void was really no better, perhaps worse, and will almost certainly be my fourth 1/10 of the series. This is Droids cartoon stuff, and I found that cartoon so boring I could only watch a couple episodes.

eht13 and TaradosGon like this.
  5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I didn't realize that the upper 2/3's of India's national flag was a mind blowing work of art.

[​IMG]

Nor that it's worthy of inspiring a Star Wars planet and spending 22 minutes on with 4 whistling astromechs, none of which had any personality in A Sunny Day in the Void outside of R2 and WAC, who may possibly be the worst droid ever IMO, and I suspect maybe Filoni's middle finger to lacWAC for all the bashing he's had [face_thinking] JK :p

There were episodes that frustrated me more in their incompetent writing, or worthless plots. But A Sunny Day in the Void was just flat out boring IMO and among the worst episodes - my frustration amplified by the fact that they are not moving on to something else next episode (or the episode after).

There just seems to be a lot of kissing up going on in the Force Casts and TF.N reviews IMO. Given that they get to talk to Filoni semi-regularly and sort of "made friends" with LucasFilm, I can't exactly expect unbiased reviews though. I wouldn't exactly trust the opinions of movie critics who are personal friends with the directors of the movies they are criticizing.

6. Now_Serving_No1138

Now_Serving_No1138 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    I've got a lot of love for a lot of the unpopular episodes. I like the political stuff. I like the droids stuff. That said, hands down worst episode so far for me was Secret Weapons. I've not seen A Sunny Day in the Void yet, but hopefully the rest of the arc will give it all a lift.

The other contender for me is The Box, which does nothing for the storyline in that arc that couldn't have been dealt with by a news-reel narration.

7. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Put me in the minority, then. The references were fun, but I ultimately came away underwhelmed.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yes... I realized that this thread's question is very ironically timed, because I'm pretty sure that, to me, the arc we're in right now is providing some very serious candidates for Worst TCW Episode Ever.

9. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    I'd have to go for the any of the 3 last episode of the Onderon arc the first was ok but the others I felt was to similar. While at it didn't care much for Water War story either but Onderon at bottom!

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It happens. In TCW we sometimes find ourselves in the minority. I should know, I hate Umbara. ;)

11. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I think Umbara and Onderon nicely balance each other- both have one rather interesting planet with it's residents fighting another army of the clone wars (droids and clones). I like both arcs a lot even though both have serious weaknesses also. Those two arcs are IMHO the best arcs of TCW rather than the worst.

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    For Onderon I can agree but Umbara - I can not!

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I'll split the difference - not the best, not the worst. Each arc has it pluses - and minuses.

14. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well said... It true with all arcs. Almost all arcs. Some episodes like Carnage of Krell, Liberty on Ryloth and Massacre are just perfection.

15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    the worst episode of all time is..................................SECRET WEAPONS [face_frustrated]

Huyang likes this.
  16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

1.SHADOW WARRIOR

2. EVIL PLANS

3. CORRUPTION

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  17. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Fixed :p

Huyang likes this.
  18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

19. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

Backed up to the original! :p

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You're all wrong, it's

1. BROTHERS

2. BROTHERS

3. BROTHERS

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Even though they're both longer than they had to be for the story they had to tell, I like Umbara much better than Onderon for a few reasons, the most important of which is that Umbara actually ended with what felt like a climax. Carnage of Krell would have been too abrupt as just one episode, and having it as the climax to a 4-part arc made it much more effective. Onderon, on the other hand, had a "climax" fourth episode that felt to me like it could easily have been a one-shot, nothing that extreme happened. So the whole arc felt like much more of a waste.

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Indeed. Umbara was way too long for what it had to tell. You can cut out most of the General and the entire episode "Plan of Dissent" and it would be fine. Same with Onderon. I love Onderon but it also could have used a good trimming.

Valairy Scot and FARK2005 like this.
  23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm debating whether Sunny Day in the Void has now topped Brothers for this spot.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I can understand hating the first 1/3 of Brothers and the repeated use of the word "brother," I'm not a fan of those things either, but the exploration of the planet including fresh fiends to encounter and the brand new environment alone make it a lot better than some of the other contenders for worst IMO. The OT tended to do exploration of new planets pretty well, and I think this is one of the best examples of this from TCW.

QuangoFett likes this.
  25. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The Ryloth arc in Season 1, that was just pitiful.

The Season 3 premiere.

A Sunny Day in the Void

The first two episodes of the S5 Onderon arc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.