main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Three female rebel pilots were cut from ROTJ battle - article

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Blur, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Hey guys - I know this is probably old news to many, but I consider myself a hardcore SW fan and, though I have speculation regarding this before, had never had it confirmed:

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie...ts-were-discharged-return-jedi-193622991.html

What's interesting is that the picture used in the above article has been discussed online before, and some thought it may have been a male pilot - I guess the helmet covering the hair, etc. threw some people (including myself) off?!

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    God. I feel stupider for having read that article. :p

3. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    Yeah I prefer the X-Wing series for gender equality, not a Yahoo article.

DarthBoba likes this.
  4. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Star Wars is sexist, Star Wars is racist, give me a break. You can't have a successful movie series without people taking cheapshots at it, apparently.

Did they forget the character of Leia exists, or that in the next movie, The Phantom Menace, there is a female pilot? General Madine and various other male pilots were cut. Does that make it sexist against males?

Andy Wylde likes this.
  5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    There are plenty of female pilots and officers lingering around the Rebel DS2 planning scene in ROTJ. So they still exist in the movie, technically.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  6. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    BREAKING NEWS FROM 1983, THE LEADER OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE IS A WOMAN:

[​IMG]

Stupid, @#$%-stirring article with zero to say anyway (no offense to the OP, sounded like he or she was more interested in the cut-scene aspect anyway).

Andy Wylde, LawJedi and DarthBoba like this.
  7. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Am I the only one who sees a hint of Jody Foster in that female pilot?

[​IMG]

8. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Yeah, the main reason I posted this was because I'm very interested in the cut scenes from the OT (even more so now that I recently saw them on the Blu-ray DVD's).

What has thrown me (and possibly others) off for years is that the female pilot (i.e., the picture in the previous post) IS in the final cut of ROTJ, but her voice has been dubbed by a male's - so, when watching the film, for years I thought this was a male. And, yes, I do see a hint of Jodie Foster in that pilot...

9. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I have pictures for the two A-wing female pilots.

The younger female like the one pictured above is Sila Kott (Red 3), whose voice was dubbed by an American male though the original voice was a British female. This leaves her gender ambiguous. Kott died at Endor, so technically females weren't immune to death.

The older female hasn't been identified by canon yet. Amusingly, I've messaged the Keeper of the Holocron twice on the matter of retconning her to be Todra Mayn from the X-wing novels. She led Polearm Squadron during the Zsinj campaign and commanded the Pride of Selonia during the Yuuzhan Vong War. Still waiting for an answer though.

10. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Red One standing by... but only for five days a month.