main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Artoo's Frazzled Circuits: The OT Diary [2012 Dear Diary Challenge] - COMPLETED on 21/Dec

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hazel, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
  2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Liked very much the commentary on Endor in general ;) Ewoks in particular LOL =D= on the serious tone at the end as Luke takes off to do what Artoo doubtless believes is something incredibly reckless. :p

Hazel likes this.
  4. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Can't help but chuckle knowing that Han and Artoo share the same thoughts at being named honorary ewoks! [face_laugh]

I loved his line about jinxing the peace. Quite accurate there! But this has to be my favorite:

[face_laugh]

Lady_Misty, Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    The joys of being a droid.

Endor is pretty. It reminds me somewhat of the woods on the property. Of course Endor was filmed on the West Coast and I live on the East Coast.

The Ewoks have been called Teddy Bears before and you can see it as well.

I don't think that R2 will ever like it when beings use the Force to move him around.

Well it looks like R2 is still getting trouble from Skywalkers.

I think when R2 gets the news that Anakin Senior died saving his son R2 will be sad to know that his friend is gone.

Hey, R2 should tell Luke and Leia their Mother's name ASAP. None of that nonsense from DNT where he refused to tell them anything. There are numerous mistakes. One of them being that if R2 saw Anakin choking Padme there is no way that he would just stand and record all of it. R2 would have been racing across the platform proverbially screaming at Anakin to stop.

Jade_eyes and Hazel like this.
  6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Lady_Misty - I wish I could have Artoo tell them, but thia is canon so I can't. I think the only explanation as to why Artoo didn't try to stop Anakin but still knew what happened is that he extracted the imaves from some security system Luke he did with the images of the younglings being slaughtered by Anakin :(

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    According to the Swarm War he watched the whole thing and then tried to move Padme when Anakin and Obi-Wan's fight took them away from the platfomr. Troy Denning said that R2 was on the platform for the whole thing.

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh yeah.... i forgot about that. I tend to forget the idiotic stuff.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    *blinks* Misty, Hazel! You're kidding, right? He was there for the whole thing ... gah but that's being more or less an accessory to a crime or a bystander who could've done something - at least tried :p :frustrated:

Lady_Misty and Hazel like this.
  10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Just another case of poor plotting. :rolleyes:

Lady_Misty likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Poor plotting in star wars?! Nooooo, never! :rolleyes:

Always great chapter. I loved this part:

»» How come I can't go anywhere without someone trying to turn me into food? I'M NOT EATABLE!

Lady_Misty, Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the observations about the children's toys uh ewoks. And his comment on the twins.

A nice update and waiting for the next one

Hazel likes this.
  13. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    The bad news is, the cutesy bears are preparing to cook us.

[face_rofl] Poor Artoo!! He must look tasty!!!

And I love that end line about Anakin Sr. behaving himself. LOL!!! Artoo is a hoot!!

Hazel and Jade_eyes like this.
  14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    »» I hope Anakin-Senior behaves himself this time.

There is always a (new) hope out there. [face_sigh]

Hazel likes this.
  15. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I only watched ROTS a couple times, but was Anakin actually touching Padme? Wasn't he using the Force to choke her? And if I recall she was facing away from the ramp...so maybe Artoo didn't know exactly what was happening.

Very nice update. I like the part where Artoo talks about the primitive Ewoks and C3PO. :p

16. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Cuddly bears thinking that C-3PO is a god - this was a fun mental image! I too loved the last line about Anakin-senior behaving himself. Artoo has outdone himself in his storytelling in this chapter! :)

Jedi Knight Fett and Hazel like this.
  17. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007

R2 went with Anakin to Mustafar. So he wouldn't have been on Padme's ship.

18. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Come on Lady_Misty, help me out. ;) I'm trying to give poor Artoo an alibi. Jade_eyes is talking about bringing him up on charges of accessory to murder! :eek:

Although did Anakin really kill her? Can you be convicted of breaking a person's heart? I would like to see the CSI show proving that.

"CSI Mustafar!" [play the 'Who are you' music]

19. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    The whole point is that if R2 had been on the platform he would have intervened.

No doubt he was elsewhere and 3PO called out for him.

Hazel likes this.
  20. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Sorry, I just remembered to check for alerts for the first time in a week and found 10 of them. (I usually access the forums via a direct post link in a watched topic notification and rarely stay long, so I often don't see the top bar where the alerts are.)

»» Of course, I should have known better than to comment on this place's peacefulness because here come the bleeping troopers to jinx this party. And there go the twins after them – definitely their parents' children.

»» And now we're separated. Bleeping kids!

I think I may have said it before, but I'll say it again: The use of "bleeping" is perfect for Artoo.

»» A couple of hours later, Anakin-Junior came back but the Princess did not, so now we have to go look for her. Why does someone always needs rescuing in this group?

Answer: They're Skywalkers. I'd be more concerned if they didn't need rescuing because that would mean that they're not doing what they're supposed to: saving the galaxy.

»» After another couple of hours, our searches have led us to a primitive trap, which we were kind enough to trip. It is time to once again prove my usefulness and cut through the cords and release us.

Note that he takes the time to make a diary entry before releasing them from the trap. Artoo needs to get his priorities straight.

Keep 'em coming!

Lady_Misty and Hazel like this.
  21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
  22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome wrap. :D And a very gentle wistful tone to it all. :) Woohoo jinkies I know the TTT diary will be a blastarama. [face_love]

Hazel likes this.
  24. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Awesome wrap-up! Congrats on finishing! Especially with that dreaded MOOOOVE this year.

25. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great diary and a grande finale to a delightful hilarious diary. Of course waiting for the next one of him.

Hazel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.