main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation If this is Episode VII-IX - it MUST feature the old cast

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  3. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    Would you watch if the next film gave C3PO & R2D2 bigger roles? What if the films were more about them?

4. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    As long as they don't turn C3PO's role into slapstick nonsense like they did in AOTC. The best way they were used was in ESB.

5. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    C3PO was pretty consistent in all six films. Are you referring to the droid factory scene where R2D2 & C3PO are almost destroyed in a droid factory?

6. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yup, and with the droid head mixup.

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    You know, I'm conflicted.

Part of me wants Episode 7 to take place with the OT cast so we can continue on with the familiar faces, part of me wants Episode 7 with the cast to be recast so it can be only a few years after Episode 6, and part of me wants Episode 7 to be 140+ years after Episode 6 with the big three already gone.

8. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Luke, Leia & Han Solo can come back. But this time Luke is the mentor and so are Leia & Han Solo.

9. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

Im definetly conflicted too. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the OT Cast, but I think, besides Ford - well, even including Ford, that their acting chops might be faded and I think it would tarnish the OT.

Thats why I think Disney should just start a whole new saga, start it at Episode I and move on.

If they pull it off, it would be EPIC. But if they dont, and its cheesy, then SW could be tarnished forever....

-C

10. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012

head mix ups is serious business

11. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Dune.

Granted, Dune had Duncan Idaho, but the droids could fill that role.

12. THX_1138biggs

THX_1138biggs Jedi Master star 1

Jul 9, 2007
    If you really look at the Star Wars movies, each trilogy is different. We're essentially going to see a new trilogy. The three trilogies will create a three act play, beginning, middle and end.

Did you see the same characters in in the OT from the PT? Not that many, just 3PO R2, and an old Obi-Wan... Yoda... Anakin/Vader... and that's really it . While others did cameos in the PT (Chewbacca)

I think that the new trilogy, the "Sequel Trilogy", will follow in the same footsteps. Luke Skywalker may end up being a major player in Episode VII but probably not all the way into Episodes VII and IX. In fact, we may not see Han Solo. Just like the PT compared to the OT, there were characters in the PT that were only part of that trilogy (Jar Jar, Watto, Bail Organa, Darth Maul, Dooku, Grievous, Padme and Anakin (as good guy)...). And in the OT also (Han Solo, Luke, Leia, Lando, Ewoks, Rebel characters, Imperial characters..) Each trilogy has their own key characters that only show up in that trilogy. And the ST may be just as so... but we'll see...

Anakin/Vader, 3PO, R2, Yoda and Obi-Wan are really the major players in all six movies.

Luke will most likely be a major player in the ST. But it will consist of its own key players. It may not be the Original Trilogy "part two". It may be something new... So again, we may not see Han Solo, a key player in the OT, and Lando is another key player in the OT who may not show up. Chewbacca may show up, and if so with a "new co-pilot". Leia probably, but not in some action role... Obi-Wan and Yoda? We'll see...

Other than that it doesn't leave much room for old OT characters to come back. Saga major players 3PO and R2 for sure... but then again...

What they might do is expand on characters we briefly saw in the OT. Perhaps we'll see an old Wedge Antilles or Mon Mothma some more. Nevertheless, new characters will pop up.

In the end the Sequel Trilogy will be set many, many years after the Original Trilogy and it will much different, just as the Prequel Trilogy was different than the Original Trilogy in characters, storyline, themes, and so on. With only broader themes and storyline interconnecting both trilogies. All in all, the Sequel Trilogy will perhaps continue some of these broader themes. Remember, its all Star Wars at the end of the day... adventure... excitement... and it is this where the Sequel Trilogy will reminds us that we're still in a galaxy far, far away....

13. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    How old would Mon Mothma be in the ST?

Doing rough figures, Luke finished ROTJ at 30 and he'd be around 60 at the start of episode 7. Mon Mothma must've been at the very least 45 in ROTJ, which would make her 75 in Ep 7.

I think it's a shame her character was never really given the chance to be explored. Considering she had a ringside view of the rise and fall of the empire.

14. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Mothma's like 30 in RoTS... she'd be 90 or so. More likely deceased.

15. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001

• Lando's Little Maneuver:

I think the actor was 30 at the end of RotJ, but Luke was probably about 23.

16. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    See, I think just the opposite. I think they are better actors now. I don't think there is any comparing Harrison's Han Solo level with his later movies; he got MUCH better.

Hamill REALLY improved after ANH, he is much better in ESB.

I think in general, actors get better with time. Some great actors had marquee performances in early roles that they never could match later (like Deniro in Raging Bull/Taxi Driver or Marlon Brando in On the Waterfront/Last Tango in Paris), but this is not usually the case, and I don't think it is so with the big 3. They will be better than ever if you are talking pure acting chops IMO.

17. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe people live longer?

18. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Who's to say GFFA years are the same as Earth years anyway?

19. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Luke was exactly 23yo so if EP7 is set 40 years after ROTJ Luke will be 63yo about the same age as Mark Hamill now .

20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Julian Glover as General Veers! :)
    Let's start a petition to get him back!