main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Can I post my NaNo 50K word rough draft and let somebody finish it for me.:p

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    And let them take all the credit for your masterpiece? Now why would you want to do that?

And I really hate that the challenge post got stuck at the very bottom of a page. I'm not impressed with myself.

3. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    If I give up a bunny, am I obligated to take someone else's and write it? I ask only because it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I don't have time.

4. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hmmm. That is a good question and I know where your coming from.

I am going to say if you submit one, you are kinda expected to pick one and try your hardest to do it. While this is not a fic-gift exchange and more of an individual challenge, seeing one of your own bunnies written is kinda the reward at the end of the challenge (and some of these might be a real challenge). If you submit one with having no intentions of writing, then someone's bunny might not even get picked and have absolutely no chance of getting written. Do you understand where I'm coming from?

However, if someone wants to write, but has no plot bunny they want to submit, then they can contact you and you can submit in their place (and they'll be writing in your place).

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Because I think some key characters in my story were a victim of a retcon. :_| Oh well, it is AU, so I guess it doesn't matter. Do the Tof and Nagai still exist in the SW universe?

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    See, that's the problem I have with NaNo: I'd much rather write 1,000 words of usable stuff in 30 days than 50,000 words of unusable stuff (though NaNo does have it's merits if your goal is simply to get words written down). Anyways, your characterizations are probably not THAT horrible - you've just been looking at that story far to much over the past month. Once I wrote like 8000 words in 3 days. It killed my muse for a month.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I did attempt to have love scenes with every couple in the story. I got 4 out of 6.

8. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I like the sound of this challenge! I might be willing to pick up a stray bunny, but I'm hesitant to commit until I see what it is. (I have no L/M bunnies to give, unless someone might be interested in a half-written entry to the Arms challenge from last year.)

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Okay. I may rethink the details of this challenge, because I don't think people are interested as it is, and I think I know why.

Should I just get anyone to submit bunnies, then those who are interested (whether they submitted one or not) can pick what one they want? All those who submit won't have to write and if you don't have something to submit, you can still write if you see something you like. Not every plot bunny will be written, but you wont have to write if you don't see anything that grabs you.

What do you guys think?

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That could work. :)

11. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Sounds good to me. :)

12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    That sounds like a plan. I'm interested in seeing what bunnies are out there!

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Alright. I'll rewrite and repost the challenge post and rules when I get the energy to boot up my laptop.

14. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Alright let’s try this again. January Challenge!

A good many of us have plot bunnies nestling up in our brains, however, we can never seem to get the time or the motivation to write them. Here’s your chance to get rid of them. If you have a plot bunny you want to put out there, please PM it to me by December 28. I will compile them, with your names attached, and post them all at once on December 30. People will pick them – first come, first serve, and they will try their hardest to write that bunny. No deadline!

If you do not want to submit a plot bunny, you can still write one if one catches your eye. Similarly if you just want to get rid of a plot bunny (or a couple), but if you don’t want to write one, that’s fine too.

Some Rules:

1. This is NOT a fic-gift exchange. If your bunny does not get picked or written, please don’t have any hard feelings. It is a risk you assume.

2. If you need it, just ask for help, either from the person who the plot bunny originated with or someone else. And if you find yourself half way through your story and your just stumped, don’t worry. Just let me know so I can put the bunny back up for adoption.

3. The plot bunny you submit can be of any length – it can be a 50 word summary of how it starts, or a 3000 word outline. Though it is up to the person who pick it, how much they want to write of it. If you think you want to transform the bunny you pick into your next 50,000 word epic, go for it. If you just want to do a one-shot summarizing the story, you can do that too.

4. If you have an unfinished story you want to submit do that too. Either send along the link if it’s posted somewhere, or summarize what you have so far and put a note at the end that you do have some of it started and you are willing to send it to the person who picks it.

5. All plot bunnies have to be LM bunnies.

6. This is not a dare challenge. Don’t try to stump people, or else it won’t get picked.

7. If you have any questions, just ask me, though I am figuring this out as I go.

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
  16. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    Maybe she's getting ready to vape him for knocking her up again??

Gemma likes this.
  17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Maybe that was what she wanted to do to Luke in the story 200 Proposals...instead of just punching him.

...an impromptu vasectomy. Of course, the damage is already done. She should have thought of that earlier. ;)

Just kidding. Force forbid that we emasculate Luke. The flamers will fall upon us like a plague of locusts.

ginchy likes this.
  18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. Great picture. Maybe he left his underwear on the bathroom floor.

For the past few days (and weeks) I've been running on little sleep and no fun. But I finished my last exam and all my Christmas shopping yesterday, so I can’t wait to work on my L/M, Beru Fete vignette... after I have a nap. Then it's back to my now dusty original project. Anyone else doing a holiday LM fic?

ginchy likes this.
  19. ginchy

May 25, 2005
    I plan to do a companion piece to "Comfort & Joy" from last year. PLAN TO being the words. We'll see if I can get it written in time. LOL But as a hint to everyone else, I LOVE HOLIDAY L/M ROMANCE.

So, you know, be a pal gals and write some for me. [face_batting]

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I know the feeling, I PLAN a lot of things, few actually get accomplished.

My vignette actually more or less turned into a short story quite quickly. So I'm going to have to post it in 2 or 3 parts.

I would write more than one holiday fic, but I only have 2 and a half weeks off before I'm trapped in classes, and I want to see if I can write like 5000 words in that time on top of all my other PLANS.

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I plan on procrastinating and freaking out about my fics in progress.

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Is anyone else planning on sending me plot bunnies (tell me if you sent them to the sock)? I've only gotten some from one person and if that's all I get, I may call it off and just do a normal challenge for January.

Also. RANDOM QUESTION. Does Ben Skywalker have a Coruscanti (British) accent? It makes sense that he (and Mara) would, perhaps not as heavy as say Obi-Wan who spent most of his childhood on Coruscant or Palpatine. I know he grew up in various places (the maw, Ossus) and Luke wouldn't have an accent (or at least a very noticeable one), but Ben could have picked it up from his mother and he did spend his later youth on Coruscant.

23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I'm going to go look for some bunnies under my bed.

I guess Ben might have a coruscanti accent, but i always hear him sounding like Luke, in my head.

24. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I think Ben would have whatever accent that he grew up around with this friends. My sister-in-law is from England and her husband is American. When they lived in England my niece had an English accent because all her friends had an Englist accent. About 7 years ago they moved to America and now my niece has an American accent. I would think Ben would have the same accent as the majority of the young people he hung out around.

You should hear my weird accent. I lived all over the USA and in Europe. My kids say when I talk about the South I speak in a southern accent. When I speak about Germany I have a tendency to have an English accent (probably because the English speakers I knew there learned British English and that is how they spoke to me. Also I watched British TV while I lived there). I sometimes have a New York accent from my 12 years living there. I don't know that I am doing it. It just slips in. It's like if I think about this place I lived in I drift to the way I talked back then. It must be some weird brain wiring.

Now that I live in the great white north I find myself saying "Eh" I sometimes sound like Doug and Bob Mackenzie. "Let's go to the brewery, eh."

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Okay, strange and random tangent. The brewery in Strange Brew is actually a 3 minute drive from my house. I kid you not. I say eh too. I got it from my stupid friends. Thank goodness I never got my mother's east coast Newfie accent.

Whenever I read Ben I make him sound like his father, but I think I am going to start giving him a light Coruscanti accent like I do Mara.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.