main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Where were you when you heard about SW Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Force Smuggler, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    I was heading out for a much needed and decades overdue exercise when I saw the news. I am still very excited over the news and the radio DJ's are talking about it several times a day since the announcements.

Echo-07 likes this.
  2. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I was at lunch break when my mom groaned and handed me the news paper. I was so happy I actually agreed to go trick or treating with my little sister.

Echo-07 likes this.
  3. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I was sitting at home checking TFN at about 730 pm that night. Just so happened that it was right before the ForceCast went live at 8 which discussed the big news. Just purely coincidental perfect timing.

Lazy Storm Trooper and Echo-07 like this.
  4. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    I was sitting outside Starbucks in Brea, browsing Twitter on my iPhone. Somebody posted a link to the news, and I thought it wa an April Fools joke. I got frustrated because the Wi-fi in Starbucks wasn't working properly and my 3G signal wasn't either. I had to wait an agonizing few minutes before uncovering the truth of it all. And I was ecstatic for the rest of the day, well, ever since!

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I had just gotten off work. Read a little bit of Moby Dick, and then decided to get online to check out the comic books news at CBR. It was there I saw, at the top of the page in the colume of recent news, an article about Dark Horse's response to Disney buying Lucasfilm. Totally confused, and at first looked at it wrong and just thought DH was possibly losing the license. Clicked the article and saw Disney buys LFL, and Episode 7 on the way. Even though I saw it clearly, I still rubbed my eyes and squinted at the monitor. At which point huge amounts of excitement hit me and I checked every site from IGN on to find out the whole story. Then I came here and went to the EU forums, knowing that the fun had just begun. :)

6. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    I got up half past five in the morning and opened my computer. I read the news stark naked and when my hubby got up half an hour later I was still on the mail, going OMG OMG :p

Echo-07 likes this.
  7. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    My office was closed due to Hurricane Sandy and I was home on my computer. I was going through the newsfeed for my website FB page and saw a post from Steve Sanweet "THIS WILL BE A DAY LONG REMEMBER: Walt Disney Co. to acquire Lucasfilm. Expect Star Wars Episode VII in 2015!" The next two hours were very exciting, listening to the conference call and reading news articles. It's a great time to be a fan!

8. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Home on my computer just puttzing around, rather bored. Then I came across some news snippet that said "Disney buys LucasArts." Note the headline said LucasArts. I read the article and it was this news to include the new movies and my jaw literally dropped.

Carl Jung, my favorite psychologist, would say that we had a "collective experience" as a human race. All of our collective jaws dropped. SW is such a significant mythology to human culture the world over now that we experience it almost as one.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I was sitting on the couch catching up on Twitter on my iPhone. The tweet that broke the unbelievable news to me came from BBC News World Edition. I think I re-read the headline three times before it sunk in, and then I read the full article.

Echo-07 likes this.
  10. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    With your mom...

Sorry I'm feeling immature.

11. Jedi-son-of Jedi

Jedi-son-of Jedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2012
    I was just checking turning on my laptop to takes notes on my Selection of Information class.

Echo-07 likes this.
  12. Specs

Specs Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2012
    I was at the weekly meeting of my coven. I got a text from a friend that just said "...It's true." Said friend and I have this weird psychic-connection type of thing going on, so even though I we hadn't talked in a month, I knew exactly what she was talking about. I leaned over to my friend Simon (note: I change people's names on the Internet to protect identities), who has a Smartphone, and whispered "Google Star Wars episode 7." And, as it turned out, it really was true.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  13. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Facebook.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I was on Facebook as well.

Thought "WTF? This is a joke, right?"

That lasted about a day. I've been excited since.

15. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    ^ Like you 2, Facebook as well.

16. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I was on lunch from work and saw it on my cell phone news. Returning to work, I was all a flutter.

Echo-07 likes this.
  17. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Not coincidence -- it was the will of the Force.

18. Echo-07

Nov 9, 2012
    Good job, man! As for you other slackers with the annoyed girlfriends and moms -- get to wrok you lazy basterds! :p

I'm getting older now -- saw the OT as a kid. My brother and I watched a PT marathon, the weekend after the news broke, and my mom dropped by and even watched the last part of AOTC and ROTS with us.

19. Bosskkkk

Bosskkkk Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 18, 2012
    | was sitting down at a restraunt with my frend Michael Ardtn in April 2012 an he telled me that Lucas had wants to rite ePisodes 7, eight and IX and then gerorge lucas showd up and we talked about it and then he gave me alll the detales of the storys...including the tituls of the films ...

And then Lucas left the restraunt and he got one of his frends to film him coming out the restraunt and he got his frend to pretnd to be a reporter and ask him if he was making episodes 7 8 9, and lucas offishially said "never "on camera, which is true, becase HE won't be making them, and me and Michae Ardn't laughed. And then Lucas got someone to put the video on youtube, to try and judge fan-response, and to tease fans....and now I can't find the video online... :(

Anyone got a link to that vid?

20. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Thanks. I still love when we went to see Ep 3, and when Sidious hit Yoda with the lightning, she shouted, "NOOOOO!" Then when Yoda hit Sid with the Force Push, she nearly jumped up and cheered. She loves Yoda, and even got him tattooed on her wrist. She also owns a Yoda lightsaber.

Echo-07 likes this.
  21. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    I was on the net looking at yahoo.movies.com .

Echo-07 likes this.
  22. Darth_Kiryan

Darth_Kiryan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2009
    At home, sitting on the computer. I woke up, and there it was.

Echo-07 likes this.
  23. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm a New Jersey guy, and we had just gotten slammed by Hurricane Sandy. My power was out so we went to my nephews place to wait it out. I got a text from a buddy of mine who lives in TN that said something like "Interesting about Star Wars, huh?" Because I work in the entertainment industry, most of my friends think that I know everyone and get all the news first, which is true in certain cases, but with the power out I had no clue.

Shortly after, I caught a news report on CNN and almost dropped my lunch!

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. anakin-the-chosen-one

anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Master

Feb 17, 2013
    I was playing Minecraft with my friend, when he told me. I didn't believe him, he sent me the link, then I started to cry.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was traversing the rivers of Saigon hunting for Colonel Kurtz. Charlie was all around me. They were shooting us up pretty bad, and all I had for weapons was a pistol, 5 toothpicks, and a toothbrush. I then got a call from the General about the news, and I cried tears of utter joy as everyone was getting shot up around me. I crawled back home riddled with bullet holes, but they managed to fix me up pretty good.