main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Slaves of the Republic Story Arc

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dark-Fox, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He's also responsible for Obi-Wan getting the $#!! kicked out of him in these episodes. :p

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    But Obi-wan pretty much just letting the **** get beat out of him. When he want to he was the one tearing asses. This isn't over for him yet either.

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Obi is the man and he could take it while Whinakin difuses the bombs.

4. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    That's not making it any better. :p

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    He's tough as hell bro, and when he was ready he pretty much had Darts running.

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hayden Anakin would have been in tears if he took that beating. ;)

Seerow likes this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I dunno. It took like 5 of those electro whips to take down Anakin vs. one for Obi-wan and Rex each.

Dark-Fox and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  8. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hadn't Obi Wan already been beaten prior to being led to the arena?

Valairy Scot likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    True.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Because Anakin is the toughest out of the 3 :p

11. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I really liked that whole sequence, it was so Flash Gordan-esque in it's action and Anakin was a beast! Also, it was nice to see the villains win without the heroes looking weak.

When Queen Scintel learns about Kenobi from her aide and commands Anakin to do the whipping she subtly reveals that she knew all along about Anakin's true identity, adding more depth to her character. Dammit I love that character, why'd she have to die? The way she stood up to Dooku was awesome!

QuangoFett and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, Tarkas would love this. It was an interesting looking defeat for the heroes and a neat way to leave off for winter break. The Queen was a really cool character. I liked her shrewed character and how she stood by her traditions, her beliefs no matter how wrong they were and even gave Anakin a good debate on the subject. She made some interesting points about the role of the Jedi in the republic and I do wish the show had gone more in depth with that in addition to wishing the show had given Rex the chance to face that music as well. Kinda cute the way she crushed on Anakin as well. I'm not sure where the character would have gone had she lived.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  13. Dark-Fox

Dark-Fox Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    I guess the character of Miraj Scintel didn't have much room for development. I would like to hear the voice actress Rajiaa Baroudi (very handsome woman btw, look her up) come back to voice other characters.

Quick question: What is the story behind Bruno Denturri? Was the gap between Kidnapped and Slaves of the Republic detailed in a web comic like starwars.com used to do during season one?

14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I've been thinking a little about another aspect I really liked about this arc: the electrowhips used by the Zygerrians. It seems like this is one of the very few weapons that can bring a Jedi to his or her knees (at least if there's more than one whip used) and it would be interesting if they brought this type of weapon back at some point.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Don't tase me bro

The eletrowhips seem kinda like tasers. Electrocute your foe into submission. It would be cool to see those whips again. Seems like a great fit for Cad Bane.

16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Or even better, those whips, but with the same effect as a lightsaber.

17. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I think we only saw Ahsoka rescue 15 slaves in one scene because the guys at LucasFilm couldn't place that many people. Technical restraints were the problem, methinks.

Seerow likes this.
  18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah... I am starting that too but IMO I am still baffled how they would rather waste money on a Gungan dropping scene and not such a climax that needs to be explained. Instead of wasting money on one of the Umbara episodes, they could have had spared some for a better climax of this arc and have more slaves.

AND have CIS leader cameos and not just the dumb Republic cameos.

19. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    It's been a while since I saw it, but I remember feeling like it kind of pulled its punches. I've been waiting for more episodes that hinted at Anakin's slow fall to darkness, and was hoping this would be one where we really got to see him lose it, but...

Well, he came close, but it never got as intense as I was hoping for. Not in that regard, certainly.

20. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I honestly think they were too generous to state that the number of kidnapped colonists were 50,000 in the second episode of the arc. They could have had a bit in the last part of the episode where someone asks what happened to the rest of the slaves and being told that many of them either died in captivity or were sold off, as an explaination to why there were so few of them left at the end.

Valairy Scot and cwustudent like this.
  21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    They were not too generous, it just made sense that a normal town would have such a population.

22. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    At first I supposed the colony town on Kiros would have a few thousand citizens at max so I was a bit surprised to hear that reveal about 50,000 (especially since they said it was a colony and when I hear the word 'colony' I don't really think of 40,000+ people living there); well, I guess I was less than generous then.

23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    What they showed was a pretty decent town so I guess the number was perfect. They just could have saved money from **** on Umbara or Shadow Warrior to fund the epic saving of thousands. I mean TCW could pull off hundreds of Gungans falling into war so why not make this even more epic.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm with InterestingLurker on the number of colonists rescued being a technical not to mention time restraint. How boring would it be to wait for 50,000 people to be rescued, not to mention the show was flipping back and forth between their rescue, what Anakin was doing, and then what Obi-wan was doing. In universe it is interesting to think the Republic might have failed to rescue all the colonist instead taking as many as they could and leaving the rest to their fate.

25. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Still, it would have been nice to have some acknowledgement of the fact that less than 50,000 colonists are rescued on Kadavo. Perhaps in Roshti's dialogue with Ahsoka at the end, a line about how finding and reuniting the Kiros Togruta from slave markets all over the galaxy will be a tall order should have been inserted.

Nexumaster and Valairy Scot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.