main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub New Jedi Order / Legacy of the Force Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 3, 2007.

1. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I just finished reading Dark Tide II: Ruin. Please tell me the series gets less depressing, even for a little bit. The emotional toll is getting ridiculous.

2. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Wish I could Mirax but than I would be lying.

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

3. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    CPL_Macja You really know how to keep moral up. :p

4. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Sorry... but that was part of the reason why I stopped reading them when they first came out... I was also in a very dark place at that time in my life. I am working my way back through my library hoping to start re reading the series soon.

5. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    I first read (half of) the series back when I was 13, so a lot of Jacen's internal conflicts and really anything involving the Solo kids, I loathed for some reason. Now I'm finding out that Jaina rocks and Anakin is pretty cool too. I'm still not sure how I feel about Jacen though.

I think I stopped reading originally because the death toll was really getting to me. It's been over ten years since I last read them, so everything is new again, which is nice. I've forgotten all of who died when/what and stuff like that.

Stuff in Onslaught
    And I don't know why, but this is the first time Stackpole actually got me and made me believe he killed Corran. I flipped though the book in a panic because I couldn't believe he would actually kill Corran off. Damn you, Corran! You're going to give me an aneuryism if you keep pretending to die!

6. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Too true

7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Loved Anakin, mostly gave up reading after the NJO because I didn't think the EU could be any good without him. Been considering a re-read of the NJO....you guys are not encouraging me to re-read.

8. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    There are fun parts with Wedge and Corran, at least in the two Stackpole books. It's not all depressing, only mostly. :p

Wedge: Wouldn't bleeding into a cup and offering that make more sense?
    Corran: Um, sure, in a non-Corellian sort of way.

Corran: I quit being a Jedi, too.
    Borsk?: You can't
    Corran: Okay, fire me. Um, there are parts of the Jedi Code I don't buy into, and these robes chafe.

zarkinfrood likes this.
  9. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Enemy Lines onwards is better that the start of the series -- once Wedge, Tycho and Ackbar get back into harness, the Vong start taking a kicking!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I'm enjoying Betrayal, yes I'm a slow reader, but I take my time. Was a slow start but good now.

11. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Hooray! I want Wedge back in an X-wing so bad. I can't wait. :)

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    In Betrayal, the rivallry between Wedge and Han in fighters is hysterical!!!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    *looks furiously to see where Betrayal is in the lineup of books to read*

Noooo! I can't read these books fast enough.

14. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Corellia sea-level standard one point zero zero zero three, and zero variance from the pressure reading when we started the checklist.
    “Complete. You are ready to launch. Reenabling comm lines to Panther One.
    There was the faintest of clicks, and then Han heard Wedge's voice: “I hear you're finally ready to join the operation.”
    “Blasted checklists take forever. In a real vehicle, you can feel what's right and what's wrong.”
    “Don't feel guilty. You gave me time for a nap.”
    “I suspect you needed it.”
    “Ready to launch?”
    “Ready.” In truth, Han didn't feel entirely ready. He was, at last, beginning to question his role in this operation. Leia had questioned it days ago, become resigned to it, supported Han in his decision ever since. Now her doubts had finally wandered into his brain—was it the best idea for him to join this mission, having to train for it in secrecy?
    On the other hand, when had he ever definally ready to join the operation.”

Mirax Terrik likes this.
  15. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Oh Wedge, never stop being a smartass.

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wedge's Shriek dropped into hyperspace at the same moment.
    Han twisted his mouth into a disapproving grimace. Wedge was so competitive. This mission was going to be complicated by Wedge's trying to stay out in front, Wedge trying to be the one to shoot straightest, Wedge trying to plot the most efficient route.
    Well, Han would just have to show him who was best

It's not just Wedge with an ego!

zarkinfrood and Mirax Terrik like this.
  17. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Corellians, you either gotta love us or shoot us. :D ;)

Runjedirun likes this.
  18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wedge's features were entirely obscured by the tinting of his helmet's full-coverage blast visor, but he popped that up to glare at Han. “You don't have to be in front, you know,” he said. “The mission doesn't depend on it.”
    Han rotated his helmet a quarter turn and pulled it up and off. He offered Wedge his most insufferable grin, the one that, from time to time, came closest to driving Leia to violence. “Sure, I do.”
    Wedge's expression was unrelenting. “Did you notice the part where jockeying for position caused you to miss your missile launch window? Remember that?”
    “You covered for me pretty well,” Han said. “You show a lot of promise as a pilot. You ought to consider a career in the military?"
    Despite himself, Wedge grinned briefly. “You need to consider working as a team player.” He pulled his own helmet free.
    “I'm a team player,” Han protested. “As long as the rest of the team stays behind me.”
    “Your flying tactics alarm me—”
    “Ooh, General Antilles is alarmed—”
    “Because if you end up as a thin red film on the surface of Tralus, Leia will haunt me to the end of my days, which might be only one or two if she's mad enough.”
    Han nodded. “That's actually a good point. I recommend you keep me alive.”

Mirax Terrik likes this.
  19. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Thanks Addy, you're keeping me from sinking into complete despair as I read Hero's Trial. :D

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Gotta love the book on iPad, makes it easy to copy and paste!

21. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    All of those excerpts are great and all, but I don't think anything could motivate me to read the depressing osik that is LotF and FotJ.

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am completely opposed to the storyline presented in LotF and FotJ, something that has never happened before in all of my time reading Star Wars novels.

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, so you have told us a few times Zeta, and I appreciate your point of view. Having said that it is allowed to discuss the subject as this club incorporates both series. ;)

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    What about the exchange where Han and Wedge are going back and forth about the fact that those starfighters don't give the atmosphere any respect and that unless there is a trail of debris from it it doesn't compare to the Falcon?