main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Jedi Abililities in the ST

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Obi-Wong, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Luke is most certainly nothing close to being trained. Apart from the obvious knowledge of the Force which he lacks, he lacks common sense as well (throwing his lightsaber away while facing SIDIOUS of all ppl. Remember what Obi Wan said to Anakin in AOTC: "This weapon is your LIFE" This is especially true for someone with a little over only a Younglings level of training) Obi Wan in TPM was superior to Luke by far, and he was still a padawan. Do you honestly think Luke could have stood up to someone like Darth Maul and survived?

He only won against Vader because 1) Vader is weak, conflicted and overall a tragic and pathetic figure. 2) Vader didn't want to kill his son, because he was holding out of him converting to his side, and maybe some feelings of love and affection 3)Palpatine POSSIBLY may have told Vader to take it easy on him so that he can convert him to the dark side. Kind of like Anakin vs Dooku, where Palps played Tyrannus...here he may be attempting the same thing with Vader and Luke.

Anyhow, defeating Vader is no biggie. Obi Wan could have done it in ANH had it not been for the fact that he wanted Luke to escape and not stand and watch the duel, and the thousands of Troopers who would have shot and killed them all had Ben killed Vader.

Also, the only reason Sidious never got anyone apart from Vader after ROTS is that no other Jedi who survived Order 66 would be stupid enough to join Darth Sidious. Even if they did pretend to join, it would only be so they could get close and attempt to kill him.

However in Luke Sidious sensed a kindred soul to Anakin, a conflicted and isolated lad who would be easy to mold. Unfortunately, Sidious underestimated the heart of Luke, and his ability to awaken the Jedi within Vader.

Lord Tuvitor likes this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the novels (and games) Palpatine does get a few Jedi, who were already teetering on the edge of the Dark Side- Jerec, Tremayne, etc.

3. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    I agree...but keep in mind, the more you see of a character, the less mysticism they will have. Ben died early. He was already loosing his mysticism by the time of the duel, when he never really busted out anything. But then his death and his disappearance kind of brought his mysticism back.

I want Jedi to be like Qui Gon in TPM, he IMO was the epitome of the Jedi Master. Obi Wan was a great Jedi Knight, but overall too immature as a Jedi Master. He never radiated wisdom, and he made errors and was too impetuous. Qui Gon was just right, a combination of the best qualities of Yoda (total mysticism) and Obi Wan (action when needed, somewhat hot headed and daring)

As long as Qui Gon was on screen and with the good guys, I at least always got the feeling they would be safe and everything would be alright due to the confidence, wisdom and leadership Qui Gon showed. Plus, he could also kick @** when needed. Qui Gon IMO was what we all thought powerful Jedi Masters used to be like when we saw the OT.

Also, if they show older human or humanoid Jedi/Sith in the ST, please for the love of God do what you did in TPM and use younger actors, but use makeup to make the appear old. Do NOT use old actors for Jedi/Sith roles, because then the duels suffer badly.

4. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Palps would not to pick up Jedi, he can just grab Force Sensitive Kids and indoctrinate them at a young age.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He did both

6. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I shudder at envisioning Palpatine "picking up Jedi."

"Hello, sailor. Need a ride?"

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Gives a whole new meaning to "The Force" doesn't it.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    "We'll be watching your career with greaaaaat interest. Mmmm great interest."

9. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    I would say a really cool force shield that defends rather than attacks, the Sith have there dark side lighting why not a counter beyond a lightsabre and Yoda's ability, something like Vader used against Han in TESB, only for the whole body like ship shields. But only the most advanced Master Jedi's can do it like Luke

10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd be ok with this, except you'd have to wonder why none of the many jedi masters in the PT ever used it. Also, it makes deflecting attacks with a lightsaber kinda redundent.

Julius Vernon likes this.
  11. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    It's also makinge thinl of herbert the old guy playong ben in family guy blue harvest
    I was laighing at his loghtsaber when lule showed up at the duel with vader.

12. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I agree with Pro Scoundrel. I think this could look cheesy if not done right.

But I do seem to recall from very early treatments of the Saga that this was a concept Lucas had outlined.