main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Shadow Conspiracy Spoilers Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Hopefully it will be a very good episode!

It will be interesting to know how the next episode ends...

(And I think once I can get my hands on this book, I will be getting my hands on it, regardless of the fact its a children's book!)

2. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Nope, he survives

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Heard Fry did a really nice job tying things together... can't wait to read it myself.

4. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    Absolutely, this feels like an arc that should have been in the last season of the series, so much comes together.

Small unrelated spoiler:

Maul calls his army/organization the Shadow Collective.

5. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Have any of the bounty hunters died?

6. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Like there was any other choice for the Shadow Hunter to make in the Shadow Conspiracy?:p

With all this shadow talk, I wonder what Maul's Mando name will be? Don't spoil that.

Sitara likes this.
  7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Guys, just a reminder of course these spoilers are insanely spoilerrific and shan't be discussed outside of this thread.

8. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Do any bounter hunters die.

9. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Sith Hunters better explain the planet hopping that half-Maul did.

10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Before or after Savage found him?

11. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Spider Maul is who Savage found.;) I wanna know if Maul walked like a Dug.

12. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    I want to know how he peed and pooed.

13. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    I happen to have a copy. According to Gilroy and Melching, upon landing on Lotho Minor, Maul crawls his way out of a goo-filled container, sees an insect/arachnid and starts eating. Morley is chased by a robo-monster, Maul kills it with his saber and passes out. Morley drags the body underground. Maul floats in the air, summoning trash to extend his body. So if he did walk on his hands, it was momentary.

^ Maul has nightmares about that period of his life.

14. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Does Dooku and Grievous ever encounter Maul?

If not, does Dooku ever find out that he's alive?

15. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Asharak Are you out of spoilers already? :D

16. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    Been sleeping, its been nightime here.

Nope

17. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    Do you live in the UK? Are you going to post some spoilers? :p I'm sorry if we're bugging you were all just desperate for this Arc haha! :D[/quote]

18. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    Finnished "Shades of Reason" (part 3)

Short review with minor spoilers:

Another great "episode". Much like Eminence this one brings back element from several previous arcs and strengthens them in the process. Maul again shows off his intelligence and his ability to be two steps ahead of everybody, and here he gets to show his ability to manipulate the opinion of the masses of regular people (much like Palpatine through the senate). It’s nice to see that Savage is starting to develop a "brain" as well under the tutelage of his Master. On at least two separate occasions Maul commends him on being a fast learner, so it actually seams Savage (with a lot of training) has the potential to be a worthy Sith apprentice. I glanced through the "Revival" part of the book, and the scenes and dialogue in it matched pretty much entirely with the episode. Going on that I think this written version will be very close to the final episode, and if it is it will be amazing 10/10.

cwustudent likes this.
  19. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    Asharak are you going to give us the storyline for each episodes or are you just reviewing? :)

20. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    Some spoilers read at your own risk:

This episode is about Maul taking control of Mandalore, and eventually Death Watch. Much like the last episode this is entirely about Maul and his forces, no good guys appearing so far (except Satine). Maul basically uses the same strategy as Dooku to take control (though it’s his own invention), making Satines government look completely useless to the public, and takes control of the Death Watch the same way Ulic Quell-Droma did. The episode ends right after Maul duels Pre Viszla. Mauls plan is to use Mandalores neutral situation and its position as representative for thousands of other systems (as said in the Duchess of Mandalore trilogy in s2), to avoid confrontation with the republic and the separatists. His plan is to start conquering other neutral worlds using Mandalore as a base. Another episode that could have worked as a standalone

cwustudent likes this.
  21. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    Finnished "The Lawless" (part 4)

Short review with semi big spoilers:

A really, really great episode. If this ends up being the end of this storyline, then it needs to have an epilogue episode more than any other storyline so far in the series. There is a lot of things that needs to be explored more at the end of it, and while "The Lawless" is a great (really, really great) conclusion to this four parter, it’s not a good ending for the storyline (think the end of Carnage of Krell x10). Overall this is another 10/10, and these episodes when put together should without a doubt be the very best arc so far of the series. This should not be the end of this storyline however, unless TCW team can come up with arcs on the same level (or better), which I rather doubt

cwustudent likes this.
  22. CloneWarsRescored

Sep 4, 2012
    Thank you for your help!! Can you spoil us and let us know what actually happens in each episode? :) Thanks!

23. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Asharak Just a few questions, if you don't mind answering ;) Putting in spoilers, just in case:

How exactly does Satine die? How does Maul work out about Obi-Wan and Satine if he does...? (When the preview was out on amazon I seemed to see that he did but it was hard to tell...) Does it seem like a really emotional time for the characters involved?
    The Lawless seems to have a lot going on in it for a 22-minute episode, especially if Obi-Wan appears only in that episode.

24. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003

Maul stabs her to death after strangling her for a long time with the force. Maul and Obi-Wan have a really good argument about the light and dark side of the force, Maul trying to push Kenobi to the dark side. He kills Satine wanting Obi-Wan to live in agony, the same way Maul lived in agony for the last 12 years(Its established that Corruption/The Academy was 2 years ago). It seems Maul prefers this form of revenge to actually killing Obi-Wan. Obi seams verry emotional when she dies, but theres little time for him to reflect on it. Maul knows about Satine and Kenobi, because Viszla told him, and Maul uses her to lure Kenobi to Mandalore. The Lawless dosent feel particularly rushed, though I feared it would be before reading it.

25. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Wow - That seems like a very dark scene! I hope CN doesn't cut it down at all - that's my worry, they'll think its not appropriate and try to censor it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.