main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's The Baddie?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by fishtailsam, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. higgyprince

higgyprince Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2012
    As long as its darth malgus played by Tom hardy.... Ill be very happy

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    The rule of 2 always seems to be the rule of 3, bane has zannah, zannah takes an apprentice before bane is dead. again the previous states plagieous, sidious, maul... Then Sidious, Vader, Secret Apprentice/Galen Marek/Starkiller... Then Sidious, Vader, Lumiya... Do we need to continue? I could see them turning around and doing ancient Sith Lord reawakened from rest by Dark jedi who becomes his apprentice... Perhaps Bane or Plagueous or unheard of Sith Lord, follow of that with new Dark Jedi becoming his apprentice and we have the Sith Line ending in 6, but if you go back to the great great great great grandsith of Palpatine... Perhaps a secret order of dark force users that have been controlling the Sith. Perhaps the balance refers to the fact that there was always 2 dark force sects but only 1 light force group. by killing the sith, the balance has returned to 1 dark force sect 1 light force sect

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Tom Hardy as Darth Bane! Not the one mentioned in the EU but like, they just flat-out take Tom Hardy's Bane from The Dark Knight Rises, outfit and all, and dump him into a Star Wars movie. That would be genius! And if it's in a movie then it's canon then you can go back and retcon EVERYTHING to include Tom Hardy's Dark Knight Rises Bane into all previous Star Wars history! How cool would that be?!

4. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Cool but then turn around and think Disney=Marvel not DC

5. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    EU may be involved with the sequel trilogy, Lucas means one thing then something else.

I think we may get a new sith lord!

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Then the plot would be as incomprehensible as some of the elements of TDKR.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Ah, give it 2 years and every intellectual property will be owned by one Omni-Universal Mega-Media Corp or something

8. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    "Whose The Baddie?"

Do you mean "Who's yo daddy?"

9. Legacy Jedi Endordude

Legacy Jedi Endordude Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 9, 2012
    Darth Krayt- PLEASE!

Kyris Cavisek likes this.
  10. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    D.) Vader attempted to have Luke join him and overthrow Palpatine.

I think a violation of the RoT is going to be key in the ST.

markdeez33 and Ryus like this.
  11. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    To kill Palpatine, yes, not to join them both.

12. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Yes, to overthrow Palpatine.

13. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    That would be horrible.

Echo-07 likes this.
  14. Rogue_1138

Rogue_1138 Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't know if I would expect that particular plot line, but you may be on to something with the idea of Plagueis saving Mace Windu. I've always felt like Mace Windu's death seemed unresolved, with him just disappearing into the distance. If they were to do a Plagueis as villain trilogy, then that may create a vehicle for bringing Samuel L. Jackson into a more important role than as a hologram (or something similarly insignificant, if at all).

It's certainly not the best idea, but a Plagueis as villain trilogy could work well in a "philosophical" trilogy about the meaning of the force.

Ryus and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  15. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm all for Plagueis "cheating death" to enjoy the fruits of his master plan. If there are to be Sith this is the only way other than 'fallen Jedi" finding some Sith temple/teachings somewhere.

16. I_Died_Once

I_Died_Once Jedi Master

Mar 14, 2005
    Well, as crazy as this will come across, I do not see Disney as purchasing the franchise and there *NOT* being any lightsaber duels. A new order of Jedi chasing down bounty hunters and settling trade disputes does not a great film make, IMO. We can expect some sort of lightsaber toting Sith/Jedi Gone Wild/something. That much, I'd put money on. So while the everyone is shooting down everyone else's thoughts and ideas, heres a caveat to consider...

In the Darth Plagueis scene where Palpatine tells Anakin the story, he leads it off with "The LEGEND of..."

Now, I fully agree that anything and everything that could ever come of out that characters mouth is up for debate as being truth... If he told me the sky was blue, I'd go look out of a window to make sure he ain't lying. That being said... Theres no concrete proof in the cannon films that Plagueis is or was Palp's master. I don't read fan fiction or the EU stuff, maybe this has been established in other mediums, but going off of the movies alone, Plagueis might have been Palp's master's master's. Or his master's master's master. Or maybe even his master's master's.... Oh, you get the point. Maybe this legend is something he was told at one point by him master. Me doing something one day and retelling it the next does not make what I did so much a legend, now does it? Sure, he was likely just telling Anakin what he needed to hear to plant the seeds of a Dark Side turn. I think, if we're splitting hairs here, that the fact this was told as a "Legend" shold not be overlooked or taken lightly.

After Episode I came out, I was joking with a few friends and referred to Anakin as "The Force Jesus" - since he was born of a "Virgin Birth" ("There was no father") - Who's to say that since ROTJ, this same anomaly hasn't happened again, and there lies potential for a new baddy. Maybe more likely the focus of Episode's 8 or 9, but potential nonetheless.

17. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    When you cheat death you will be put into a gloss black suit with a shinny helmet!! Then and only then will you achieve the power of the darkside which is the voice of James Earl Jones!!!!!

Jodo_Nokii likes this.
  18. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    This brings up a good point. If any Sith show up in the ST, they'll have to fall into one of three categories:

• The Order of the Sith Lords. For all you fans not familiar with EU, this is the faction of Sith that derive from the lineage of Darth Bane. Also called the Rule of Two Sith, or Banite Sith, these are the Sith Lords we see in Episodes I through VI.
    • A pre-existing alternate Sith Order. The Lost Tribe of the Sith (again, from the EU) would be an example. Basically this is a faction of Sith that were around congruently during the events in the movies, but were M.I.A and unrelated to the Sith of the Bane line.
    • A new Sith Order. This would be the result if say one of Luke's Jedi students turned to the dark side and tried to rekindle an ancient Sith Order or create a new one from scratch.
    Of course, they could have "generic Sith" in the ST; basically Sith with no backstory or relation to the previous films or lore, but I find that highly unlikely. In order for the villain to resonate, they'll need to delve into their backstory to some extent.

Immortiss likes this.
  19. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Or anything that is in EU like the Lost Tribe of the Sith/Red-skinned Sith/Darth Krayt/etc.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the Episode III novelization though, he explicitly states "Darth Plagueis was my master".

21. L0RD VADER

L0RD VADER Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Let say, Darth Plagueis created Anakin to kill Sidious.

22. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    According to the recent Darth Plagueis novel, the Force itself created Anakin to strike back against Plagueis and Sidious' meddling (they were unbalancing the Force to the dark side). Had Plagueis wanted Sidious dead, he probably could have killed him. There's a scene where Plagueis Force chokes Sidious as part of a lesson/display of superiority. When Sidious finally kills Plagueis, he does so when Plagueis is drunk and asleep, but even then, Plagueis stops short of retaliating against Sidious for some reason. Point is, it's not really clear who would have come out on top had they both squared off in a real confrontation, but it would have been very interesting to watch to say the least. I'd probably still put my money on Plagueis simply because he obviously had more knowledge of the Force.

When it comes to Anakin, the more likely scenario is that Plagueis allowed Sidious to kill him (knowing he had a way to return back to life) in order to get out of dodge. He knew that Anakin was the Chosen One, and would soon be gunning for him according to the prophecy. Sidious, on the other hand, took the more arrogant path of recruiting Anakin to bend him to his will. It's entirely plausible that Plagueis had a way to return back to life (immortality was his goal all along, and he succeeded in bring others back), so his thoughts might have been: "I'll let my failure of an apprentice duke it out with the Chosen One. As for me, I'm just going to kick back in a state of death and come back to life when this whole thing blows over." This is why I think Plagueis being the villain of the new trilogy isn't much of a stretch at all.

Immortiss, markdeez33, Ryus and 3 others like this.
  23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Since one of Plagueis's actions is "attempting to use the Force to create a powerful Forceful being" and at that moment, he thinks his attempt has failed, it's possible that he didn't fail at all- the Force cloaked Anakin's conception from him, so, it could be thought of as striking back in a much more subtle fashion by making use of his own creation against him.

Instead of "creating him" it could be "allowing him to be created- but giving him a new destiny".

24. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Darth Plagueis is loooooooooooong dead. He ain't coming back. Sidious has no clones and Maul was bisected on Naboo. It's over.

Echo-07 likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    TCW (probably at Lucas's insistence) brought Maul back- and it was Lucas who insisted on Palpatine clones for Dark Empire rather than something else.

Leaving out either of those- there's still plenty of room for someone to stumble of Sith teachings of some kind (maybe a holocron) and start calling themselves a Sith Lord.

Ryus, Darth_Quintonis and Corvax855 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.