main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Indeed. The Republic series was pretty good. At least Maul didn't come back...
    I loved the Quinlan Vos story arcs in Republic.

2. Brenapp

Brenapp Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    To be honest, Maul surviving TPM doesn't bother me that much. I actually quite liked that story in Visionaries where he fights Obi-Wan at the Lars homestead a few years after ROTS.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah. Since Maul looks just like that now, I a going to assume that is canon.

Even if he is killed in the show...well, he lived through dying once already....

4. Brenapp

Nov 26, 2012
    One thing I'm glad of is the attempt by writers to reconcile the different portrayals of Mandalore and Mandalorian society in the TV show and the novels/comics.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Finally had time to watch A Sunny Day in the Void...and it wasn't as bad as I expecting. Maybe my expectations were just so low that they were impossible to meet, but I actually kind of liked it.

Kind of reminded me of Avatar when they were lost in the desert...a good man vs nature story.

6. Brenapp

Nov 26, 2012
    How do the appearances by Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura in the show match up with what is chronicled of their lives in the Republic comics?

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Well, if you consider that the main body of the series most likely happens between the Episode II-era Republic comics and the Episode III-era Republic comics, it's not hard to make them match. Quinlan is back with the Republic after the battle of Rendilli and still playing his triple agent game (apparently chewing scenery like crazy, if Hunt for Ziro is to be believed :p ).

8. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    ditto for most people here i'd assume

probably because we are over the age of 6 . . .

9. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I never got why Filoni and Lucas decided to place the show at the start of the war.
    It would make more sense to place it at the end (yes, indeed, somewhere around the Battle of Rendili).
    -) Anakin has his scar
    -) The clones are changing their gear
    -) Vos is serving the Republic again

10. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    They probably knew but didn't care for the existing timeline.

11. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I had such a strange encounter on Sunday. I was having family over at my house for a Christmas party, and my cousin brought her 8 year old son over. I have some large built in books shelves in my living room, with the lower portion filled with Star Wars books. The 8 year noticed the books and started asking me about Star Wars and telling me that he loved it.

So, trying to be cheerful, I asked him what his favorite movie was. He looked at me and appeared confused. He said he wasn't aware that there were movies. As we continued to talk, it became 100% apparent that this young kid was only aware of Star Wars in the context of TCW! Needless to say, I proceeded to give him my old DVD copies of episode's I-VI and asked him to watch them. Sad thing this, he will probably love the Prequels WAY more than the OT.

But I will have the last laugh. His favorite character is Anakin Skywalker, so he is in for a BIG suprise... [face_laugh]

--Adm. Nick

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh yeah, there's plenty of kids today who only know the show and are completely unaware of the movies. I'm guessing that'll change once the ST kicks into motion and kids will want to see them, and by proxy learn that there's older SW films.

13. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Same boat here. I can't wait until my nephew is old enough to watch the movies, especially Episode III. "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!", ha!

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Kids these days.

Nick, if you were a responsible cousin once removed you'd have given that child your old PRE-SE VHS tapes. That is your moral imperative.

I shudder to think how the prequel trained youth will turn out for this country.

Misa ab iPhono meo.

_Catherine_ and Zorrixor like this.
  15. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    If I didn't watch the Prequel Trilogy, I wouldn't probably be a SW fan.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  16. Brenapp

Nov 26, 2012
    Then, with all due respect, they're wrong.

17. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Call me crazy, but I don't mind the SE. As a Fleet Junkie, the Special Edition made some awesome improvements. Sure, if I cared about Han shooting first I would be bothered, but frankly I don't. :p

Now, CGI X-wings & Y-wings attacking the Death Star. YES PLEASE. :D

--Adm. Nick

18. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    T-Canon trumps C-Canon, sadly.

If you ignore the timeline placements and compress everything to a few months (and, again, yes, it sucks, but it's not the first time this has happened and it's the lesser evil) most if not all of the existing 2002-2005 Clone Wars stories are more or less intact. And I'm sure retcons will be used to save everything you can save from Coruscant Nights and Obsession: I mean, even Death in the City of Bone and The Long Hunt were eventually worked back into continuity. Hell: Hoth Stuff was.

19. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Ditto me and the SEs. I didn't see a single SW movie until 1997.

[face_talk_hand]

20. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Making Pavan's master a clone is going to be lame.

Might as well just make him the real Even Piell. He travelled forward in time to help Jax but then got caught and killed.

Or make him a shapeshifting smurf. That would work great too.

Esg likes this.
  21. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    ...which negates his original death during the Clone Wars, tearing a hole in the space-time continuum, and wiping TCW from existence. [face_mischief]

RC-1991 and Zorrixor like this.
  22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Even Piells are obviously just the Lannik equivalent of John Smiths to Humans. :p
    That's just... I dunno, there aren't words. Wow. :eek:

I'm incredibly curious what kids like that will actually think when they watch the films, as... ROTS isn't exactly all sunshine and daffodils. I know someone mentioned in another thread recently that they knew a child who refused to watch the OT because of Darth Vader, but I'd be curious if kids who haven't even seen the PT will even want to watch that.

I know there's always been questions over "OT or PT first?" but... TCW first? Wow.

23. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    You've got to keep us updated on that one. I really want to know his reaction to his favorite character turning into Darth Vader (didn't know there was anyone who could be surprised by that :)). I'm sure he at least knows Vader's mask, and knows he's a bad guy, so that should be a good laugh, like Obi-Wan turning into Jason Voorhees.

Zorrixor likes this.
  24. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    [face_laugh]

25. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ...This kid is eight? He lived eight years without Luke and Darth Vader?[face_plain]