main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Official Yularen in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CaptainRegor, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    CT-867-5309

At the end of the day the clones are bad guys even if its not their own choice to be so. They won't be redeemable to me. I recognize that and the tragedy in that. Part of what draws me to them is the sadness of all that. Oh, and I just like armor and cool helmets. Clones they may be but they are more like a bag of skittles in TCW. TCW could surprise me and show Rex and Fives as going against the odds and not committing genocide then that will change. I might occasionally refer to someone like Waxer as a hero, he is keeping that. I might even say Rex 'looks' heroic in that shot. Anyone can 'look' heroic. Anakin. -cough-

I wasn't intending to imply my wishes to the character at this time. I was infact aiming that comment at someone else who I've discussed this with before.

I'm sorry. I don't see Yularen as an honorable man anymore than I see Hermann Göring or Gustav Simon passible guys under Hitler. At the moment he is an enjoyable character and he probably won't ever change since TCW doesn't seem interested in doing anything with him. I have no idea where Yularen would fall among his peers. I just see him there with other guys that atleast look important who are the bad guys. Hell if it wasn't for TCW, Yularen would just be a guy at the table with Vader to me. Everyone at the table is associated with him in my mind. I might see Joe the janitor on the Death Star less negatively.

I have already admitted in my previous post that I'm shallow like that. If I think you look creepy. I might try to avoid you. That doesn't mean you can't try to talk to me or win me over. Its gonna be alot harder if I know you were part of a scheme that blew up my neighbor's house. (From a viewers perspective).

2. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well now. I didn't know Yularen was supposed to be that guy on the Death Star.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  3. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Where did Admiral Yularen go?

Hmmm...
    To the dentist? To the mall? Whatever...

4. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    In universe it's gone about a year since we last saw Yularen, it must be quite the wait time at the dentists on Coruscant.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  5. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Yeah, a really long queue... Bib Fortuna has been waiting since Episode 1. Jabba won't see him back till Episode 6! :eek:

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  6. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Well that would explain his absence in the episodes with Jabba even in his palace. In the series

General Immodet likes this.
  7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Well, I am sure about one thing. The Emperor did never visit the dentist.

QuangoFett likes this.
  8. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Yularen in Episode 4:
    'Hey, guys, I am back. The dentist was very busy. What happened?' - Yularen
    'Nothing special.' - Motti
    'You forgot to tell him about the rebels...' - Tagge
    'Just a minor detail...' - Motti

'Hey, Skywalker, I am back!' - Yularen
    'Good to see you! Come and join me on the Death Star. It's going to be exciting...' - Vader
    'Not as exciting as going to the dentist.' - Yularen

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yularen: "Mom was right, I should have been a dentist."

10. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Eh, I'll probably be in the minority but I was never a fan of Yularen and am glad to see he's disappeared. It is interesting though where he's gone.

I'm hoping the answer is this:
    He's not an Admiral in A New Hope. He's actually an intelligence officer. So I'm hoping he's retired from being admiral and has joined the intelligence. You'd think they would have showed that in an episode though.

11. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    I think the EU has him to be some Intelligence officer actually or some kind of sercurity/spy place at least, Wookieepeida must know!

12. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    They do have him being Intelligence.

And I'd like that to actually be the explanation for where he is, even though I think we deserve a full explanation.

13. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Maybe it will be revealed Yularen was a spy all along.
    Palpatine ordered Yularen to spy on Anakin...

An interesting thought, wouldn't you think?

14. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Maybe we should create a thread "Where did the Separatists go?".

The last couple of seasons, it's all about Maul, the Death Watch, Nightsisters, bounty hunters, droids going to a spa, Jedi Younglings...

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  15. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    No, their around they are the reason for the Onderon rebels they were the villians, Grievous destroyed Hondo's base...

16. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I was trying to make a point...

17. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Even though the focus is not on them they're still there Yularen is not around at all!

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  18. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    And he won't be around till Episode 4. He's in high need of false teeth!

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Honestly I'm sure Yularen is right where he's always been on whatever Star Destroyer, Anakin has left to command from. TCW just doesn't show the bridge of those ships much anymore because the story has moved away from just the war itself all the time. I know there is are some gripes there. To see Yularen again in a decent role. We'll need to see him either on the battlefield or involved in some mission that involves alot of ground work or involved in some scheme. A spy may be the way to go. -shrug-

20. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Looks like Dave just don't want him in there anymore too, if they need space let's see, there was the attack on Kamino (which was a follow up on Rookiees which he were in!) certainly Umbara those two were on top of my mind probably some more space action the last seasons?

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    None of those really showed much of the bridge. The start of the Umbaran arc was in a hanger or whatever.

22. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Yeah, but they could have done it if they wanted too

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah they could do anything if they wanted to. Yularen could be working at Pizza Planet if they wanted.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    But in the EU he works at Pizza World! :eek::_|

Seerow likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pffft...

[​IMG]

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
Thread Status: