main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Big Bang Theory - like me and some of my friends made into caricatures of ourselves. :p

Any Fringe fans here? Last week's episode had a great Monty Python tribute.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  3. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So my college was just evacuated due to a bomb threat... Always a fun way to start the week. Not.

4. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Oh that's horrible...there wasn't anything too dangerous present, though, was there?

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That sucks.

When I taught high school, there were a few jack***es who would call in bomb threats around the time of exams.

6. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Last I heard they were inspecting a suspicious package. Luckily there was practically no one on campus.

7. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    They waited till after the exams so there was hardly anyone there. It hasn't happened at this school before, but one of the others downtown pretty much gets a threat once a month.

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    That's still horrible though. If it's a joke, it's really not funny - at all. Glad to hear you're safe though!

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    So are you at the Citadel or College of Charleston? Or do I have your location wrong? Or option D, "I'm not answering this one because we're on a public message board and anakinfan is being nosy as hell"? (Which is fine, I can take that, mainly asking because I know the area and I'm more curious than anything else.)

10. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    If it was a joke, the police will get the last laugh. Some people...

11. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Trident Tech. IIRC CoC has received threats before, but it was a while back so I don't remember for sure..

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh man. -hugs.- I'm so glad your alright.

13. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks! I get notifications weekly about robberies and such, but nothing that big. [face_nail_biting]

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well... here's some Creed to make you feel better. ^_^

<3 guilty pleasures

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  15. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    There once was a student that had to pee.
    They had to hurry, for if they took too long, they would be late to the class with the anal teacher.
    The student bounds to the nearest restroom only to find, in horror, that due to recent events, bathrooms had to be unlocked by teachers.
    [​IMG]
    (not really)

With crossed legs, the student hurries to class, hoping to beat the bell. They reach the door and..

[​IMG]

Alright. I know this new security if for good reason in all, but this is making student life quite miserable..

CT-867-5309 and Garth Maul like this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  17. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm kinda tired of that story. "What!? The WBC is acting outlandish and idiotic? And even the KKK and Anonymous think they're nuts!? OMG WTF WE'RE ON THE SAME SIDE AS THE KKK!!!!!!???"

Who cares what some religious nuts think. A man killed innocent children, that's the real tragedy.

18. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    If we stop giving media attention to the Westboro idiots, maybe they'll just go away. People apparently haven't tried this one yet.

You know, this is a difficult time of year. I deal with matrimonial/family law and protection orders (like restraining orders), and there's a lot of tension in families and individuals around the Christmas season.

If you want to see a judge's rage face, go watch family law applications the week before Christmas when one parent is refusing to let the other parent take the kids to DisneyWorld. :p

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Ok, LACWACs. I am seeking 3 volunteers to help me with a special projects. PM me if you are interested. This will be first come, first serve.

20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    All I have to say regarding this tragedy is that no parent should ever have to bury their child.
    None of us can understand their grief without having done the same.

Those children/teachers are now with The Most High, may He comfort their loved ones.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Divorcing couples using their kids as pawns and bargaining chips, royally pisses me off. Who are the adults here? It doesn't matter who likes whom anymore, raising kids is still to some extent a shared job and the kids don't deserve the bull**** drama.

/off soapbox

SithStarSlayer: I think all the talk about gun control and Westboro Baptist (and I have a definite opinion on both of those subjects) does miss the overall larger point: In Connecticut 20 moms and dads are in the worst hell that I can imagine personally.

Garth Maul, Seerow and SithStarSlayer like this.
  22. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Special Projects? [face_thinking]

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    PM me, bro.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  24. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002