main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub New Jedi Order / Legacy of the Force Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Adalia-Durron , Jul 3, 2007.

1. SiouxFan

SiouxFan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 6, 2012
    I actually liked Betrayal and was okay with most of LotF up until Inferno, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out why Han and Wedge jumped to the defense of Corellia so quickly. Sal-Solo was, at best, a tyrant, and it seemed odd that both of these men would be so quick to turn their back on the Government they helped create and fought the Vong to save. Further, I could never understand why Leia sided with her husband. She was a former Chief-of-State, for crying out loud. It strikes me as the equivalent of George and Laura Bush deciding to join a new Confederacy.

Yeah, but they were trying to shoot down Myri.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  2. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I haven't gotten to LotF yet, but it seems pretty reasonable to me that Leia would leave the New Republic because she's clearly sick of all the mindless political garbage that the Council had become. After what, 30 years of trying to save the Alliance in one form or another, it's finally gotten to be enough.

Was Sal-Solo in the A.C. Crispin trilogy? I may need to remind myself who he is.

3. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    No the Roger Macbride Allen Corellian Trilogy

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

4. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    My to-read list grows by the day...not that I'm complaining. :D

5. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    He gets a scene or two in the 1st book actually, I should know, I just re-read :)

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Not there yet!! But sure I will be soon! My reading time was taken up last night by Hobbits!! :p

7. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am at a loss why anything in LotF and FotJ happens the way it does.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Well Leia gave her whole life up to that point to the Rebellion so her joining Han didn't really surprise me. Why they would join a whack-job like Thracken is beyond me though. Han knows he is a scumbag. Paradise Snare, The Corellian Trilogy, Agents of Chaos duology, and Ylesia. I thought that they would have been intermediaries for both sides and not pick either side.

9. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Exactly. I expected this to be a great start to a new 'guardians of peace and justice' thing; maybe we would see the Jedi act as the Diplomats that Obi-Wan alluded to with his statement.

Instead, Han and Wedge give an air of respectability to a corrupt regime, undermine the authority of the acting Chief-of-State, and then openly take up arms against the acting government. Forget what happened later for a second, this plot line was a HUGE deal and it went nowhere. Three of the biggest heroes of two wars, openly acting in a secession? To me, this is the very meaning of being a traitor. Why were they not arrested?

10. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I genuinely believe that none of those events would have happened that way.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey, I genuinely believed that no more Star Wars movies would ever be made.....and I am pretty sure there are plenty who are ready to die on Friday due to their beliefs....but doesn't mean we all feel the same ;) We all totally understand your point of view, but I feel you might be hammering the point a bit. We get you don't like it, and we understand you dont believe it would have happened, but the fact is it's fiction and it happens the way the writer writes it.

Why? Cause they were the biggest heroes of two wars, it affords you a little 'grace' and I have no doubt many agreed with their decisions but just weren't brave enough to act on them ;)

12. Zeta1127

Sep 2, 2012
    I can scarcely even remember all of the good things in the NJO, because I only read it once years ago, then everything went to hell afterwards, in a way that makes certain aspects of the NJO hard to tolerate, when it shouldn't be that way. I am curtailing the rest of my disdain for the post-NJO into the spoiler.
    I seriously want an explanation from the authors on why they had it play out that way and for Del Rey to redo the post-NJO, but everything in Star Wars is seemingly permanent until someone changes it. It just astounds me that the hero of the NJO was turned into a pathetic villain and people actually like it. How they decided that killing off another Solo kid was a good idea is beyond my ability to comprehend.

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    So write them a letter and ask ;)

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I despised the Hero of the NJO in that and was annoyed by his actions in DNT and LOTF so I was happy to see him offed. If he remained his YJK self or even later NJO self I could have seen great potential for him but when he repeated the mistakes of Anakin Skywalker I was like good bye and good riddance. I was hoping he would live and be stripped of his Force powers or live and be evil but seriously injure Luke to shake his faith in the Dark Side but wasn't holding my breath

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I would have hoped Han and Wedge would have gone undercover to bring the regime down but no luck. Jacen was the only one who cared about that. They are the Big 3 and can do whatever they want.

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I suspect this discussion is more suited to the Literature Forums guys. Here we discuss the fun side of the characters and such....and try not to analyze the story lines and characters too much ;)

17. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    Aw, you're such a killjoy addie. :p
    Well, maybe not...

Sent from the future using psychic implants.

18. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Funny zarks... funny

Sent from a Galaxy far away via R2-N6

19. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    Umm...okay, but aren't these discussions kind of the point of the NJO/LOTF fan club? :confused:

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Naw, we are here to admire, talk about and worship the characters and stories.... This place is more for the fun side of the fandom, not the serious discussions about the plots, characters and authors. ;)

21. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    People actually admire LotF? As I said, I'm okay with the series up until Inferno, but I wouldn't say I admire it.

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    But others do.....

I admire Kyp.....or is that worship? Possibly lust after......not sure. :p

23. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Lust, definitely lust.

24. SiouxFan

Mar 6, 2012
    I have the same problem with Danni Quee. I know most people really don't like her, but c'mon...she's smart, good in a fight, and blonde? What's not to like?

CPL_Macja likes this.
  25. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I like Danni as well. I wish we could see her again