main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OT/PT Specific Scenes/Scenery re-used in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Dec 17, 2012.

1. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Hey! Hey!

So, next topic of conversation is the scenes you think // or you would want to see re-used in Episode VII. I have a feeling there will be a lot of nostalgia nods back to the OT in Episode VII (kind of like the Tantive IV being used at the end of Episode III). I wouldn’t be surprised to see specific scenes in Episode VII revolve around of the following:

1) Interior scenes inside a Star Destroyer
    2) Interior scenes inside the Millennium Falcon
    3) Inside the Senate on Coruscant
    4) Do I dare say Cantina on Mos Eisley?
    5) Jabba’s Lair?
    6) Daggobah?
    7) Maybe Luke goes to Naboo? Or maybe Leah lives there?
    8) Geonosis?
    9) Back to Kamino?
    10) X-Wing/ Tie Fighters/ Snowspeeders/ Bike Speeders/Slave I/ etc?

I foresee a lot of these happening in Episode VII. And personally, I can not wait!

What scenes/scenery do you want to see in Episode VII that are throwbacks to the OT/PT?

-C

kainee likes this.
  2. awesomejedi

awesomejedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    The Jedi temple or the temple on yavin 4 are musts.

3. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I expect Coruscant, Temple on Yavin IV, and the interior of the Falcon.

I would love to see Dagobah again.

It may be heresy to attempt to go back to the cantina, but it could be amazing.

Kamino would be interesting.

Possibly? - Cloud City revisited, a space station similar in the interior of the Death Star (though not a super weapon I hope).

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The Twins making a pilgrimage to Naboo would be awesome

I think Coruscant is a certainty

Mygeeto really interested me for the brief moment it was shown and would like to revisit it

Yavin IV being a temporary site for the Jedi Temple would be cool

And of course I would love to see Dagobah again

kainee likes this.
  5. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    X-wings, yavim iv temple kashyyk, battle arena, a skywalker losing a body part, a place with scum and villainy

6. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    The bottom of a star destroyer slowly moving across the screen.

7. GeneticBlueprint

GeneticBlueprint Jedi Knight

Dec 13, 2012
    I would like to see Star Destroyers still, definitely. But operated by the New Republic like in the books. As for planets I don't know what they would do but I would like to see Hoth again even though it's just a big ice ball and not particularly eye-catching.

I can't fathom a reason to go back to 5) Jabba's Lair again though...

8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Coruscant , Jedi Temple , Mill Falcon , Cloud City , Yavin 4 , Tatooine .....

9. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    I want no more Tatooine. It's just lost its luster. Coruscant is a must.

A trip to Naboo would be sweet, I'm just not sure what Luke would do there. Meet up with his mom's side of the family? Meet a Gungan for hiimself?
    I would like to see what became of the Kaminoans and their facilities.

kainee likes this.
  10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    -) The bridge of an Imperial Star Destroyer
    -) The throne room of the Emperor
    -) The bridge of a Mon Calamari Cruiser

11. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing Coruscant again, maybe Tattooine. Other than that I want at least one scene where they are prepping for battle in a war room with a big hologram of a planet. I always liked that imagery.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  12. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    Coruscant would seem to be a given. Seeing Tatooine again wouldn't anger me, but make sure the reason for going there is sound. Yavin IV would be good. I'd like to see worlds and cities that we haven't seen before.

With regard to seeing Star Destroyers in the ST, I suspect we'll see something along the lines of an evolved design but something still recognisable as a Star Destroyer. I liked the design for them in Episodes II-III and the Clone Wars series. I think we'll see the Falcon in some form.

I'd be surprised if we don't see a few Easter eggs - e.g. Tantive IV, Slave-1 etc. I liked the way that the Falcon appeared briefly during Epsiode III.

kainee likes this.
  13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think Coruscant is a given and one that I want to see again. It's hardly been scratched on its potential. IIRC Shadows of the Empire has some cool scenes in its underbelly.

I have to disagree there. Tatooine is as iconic as the Skywalkers themselves. I can easily see Luke taking a pilgrimage there to show the new generation where they came from. That said, I don't think it should be visited too much beyond that.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  14. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    I want to see Coruscant again, as well. But different this time. Maybe when we first see it, it'll have been sacked by barbarian hordes, and we'll see it in ruins.

15. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    I think Tatooine is a definite. There's just too much Star Wars lore tied to the place for it to be simply ignored. That said, I hope it's a short visit.
    I think the Millennium Falcon is also a definite. In fact, I can envision it being the first thing we see after the crawl.
    I'm pretty sure we'll see Coruscant again, unfortunately. Never really liked the way it looked. Other films have pulled off the far future metropolis much better.
    I hope we see Yavin 4 again. Perfect place for Luke.
    I hope we see Corellia. It's about time we actually see the damn place.
    I'm pretty sure Luke will have his X-Wing, but beyond that, I hope for new fighters.
    Maybe Naboo.
    No to Dagobah.
    No to Bespin.
    No to Kashyyyk.

To be honest, aside from Coruscant and perhaps Naboo, I don't see much from the PT making it. Geonosis served it's purpose, as did Kamino (which was such a waste... an ocean planet, yet everything happened in/on a building), as did Mustafar. The planet where Grievous was killed (forgot the name) was also pretty unremarkable. Kashyyyk was pretty uninspiring.

Looking back, I'm a bit amazed at how many rocky/sandy planets were featured in the PT:

Tatooine
    Geonosis
    The planet where Grievous died
    Mustafar
    The asteroid where the twins were born/Padme died

There were only two locations that actually had any greenery:

Naboo
    Kashyyyk

I wonder if that was intentional, to juxtapose such overwhelming barrenness and artificiality (Coruscant) against life.

kainee likes this.
  16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Coruscant and Tatooine.

17. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Seeing Luke on Naboo would be so weird, but great.

18. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004
    I do think seeing Luke on Naboo would be *weird* for us growing up on the OT. But, it would be an interesting mesh between the PT and OT. I personally believe that Leia is going to live there and Luke goes to visit her.

I expect a lot of easter eggs too. I think Slave I and the Falcon are a must and will have a bigger use in Ep VII then just cameos.

-C

19. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    If there are scenes on Naboo, chances are there will be gungans in the picture. This might not be a good selling point for the PR dept.

clone3131 likes this.
  20. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Am I the only one who wants to see Cato Nemodia, Hoth, or Kashykk again?

21. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Hoth would only be fan-service, like "let's revisit a fan favorite" or whatever. It was a Rebel outpost and I don't really see what they could do there. Unless, there is a story point that necessitates characters heading back there. Abandoned records? Perhaps an emergency landing on a familiar world? The other two worlds you mention haven't really been mined properly. Cato Nemodia not at all and Kashykk only to establish it as Wookieworld. There's a good chance of those two, but not really Hoth, imo.

22. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    You need a planet to go into hiding on that Luke is familiar with? Dagobah or Hoth or Yavin or Taatoine

23. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    Yeah - if he needs to go into hiding, those are good places.

One of my favorite Chinese Martial Arts novels is "Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountain." Hoth should be this with lightsabers:
    [​IMG]

The TV drama even had a nice swordfight that resembled the Tattooine saber fight from TPM:

[​IMG]

kainee likes this.
  24. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

Im all for Hoth. I think everything "Hoth" related was the highlight of the Saga. But, i dont know why you would go back to Hoth - besides to see Dak's grave?

Kashykk I would love to see more of, than a hurried/rushed part of Ep III.

-C

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Tatooine, Millenium Falcon, Yavin 4, Hoth, Star Destroyer.
    I also want a scene like where Obi-Wan is inspecting the troops on Kamino or Palpatine surveying the Clones on Coruscant.