main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [Doctor Who] Series 7 Discussion - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mar17swgirl, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    WHY CAN'T I LIKE THIS MULTIPLE TIMES!!!

Chewgumma likes this.
  2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I don't know who the hell they're supposed to be. They appear for the first time in "A Good Man Goes to War" (I think) and the show acts like we're supposed to know them. I understand they're EU characters or something, fine. But TV-only viewers need to know why we're supposed to care about them or what they even do.

3. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There's always a Scrooge.:rolleyes:

Everton likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Just thought I would share this Gaiman tweet:

Neil Gaiman@neilhimself
    I also like the idea of an Xmas choir of weeping angels. They wouldn't sing carols as long as you're looking at them. But when you blink…

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Ulicus and Random Comments like this.
  6. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I hope the opening hisssssssssssssssss is back.

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Say, Ulicus, you timed your avatar changes so that Matt Smith's young face would coincide with the Christmas Special, didn't you? :p

8. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Um, all I see is a young Eccleston's face in his avatar.

9. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Well yes, there is still time for a week with a young David Tennant... ;)

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Heh, not initally... though it crossed my mind after I switched to this one.

Anyhoot, on a another note, the following made me smile. It's not really a spoiler (I think it's just them hanging out, or running in to each other, or something) but I've put it in the tags, anyway:

[​IMG]

And it's got me thinking, too. We're all talking about the franchise's 50th anniversary, and stuff... but I think the Nu Who relaunch needs its own anniversary in 2015, as well. :p

11. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    :D:D :D

The Doctor and Mickey the Idiot reunited. Cool.

12. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Spoiler Alert:
    [​IMG]

A bit too minimalistic for my liking.

Brenapp and Chewgumma like this.
  13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Too asthetic, too out of place at least for Eleven. I'm thinking this might have worked better if they held it off for a future 12th Doctor.

14. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm loving the old school control panel! :D

darthcaedus1138 and Mar17swgirl like this.
  15. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I hope there's a chair with a panda on it.

There's always a Scrooge. :rolleyes: ( :p )

Random Comments likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe I'll feel differently when I see it in the show proper (to be fair, it took me a bit to warm up to what I called in the beginning Eleven's 'disco' TARDIS interior when it was introduced in S5), but for now it just feels too cold, too impersonal to me. I already miss my Steampunk TARDIS.

17. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    This was the first ever picture of the current Tardis

[​IMG]

I remember being incredibly put off at the time of seeing this, I thought it looked too colourful and zany. But when it appeared in the show I instantly warmed to it much more. Seeing actors interact with it, and having some decent lighting and camera work showing it off at its best made it look much better.

Personally I think the promo image for the next Tardis looks much better than the promo for the current one did. I've instantly got good vibes thanks to the retro look and new lighting scheme. While at first glance it doesn't have the scale of the current Tardis, which may be something I end up missing, I can't help but stress there is a very visible stairwell at the back, which could mean that the set has a greater sense of verticallity, which would be interesting.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Chewey, your picture's broken.

However if it's the one I'm thinking of (the one with Amy and Eleven in their Pandorica outfits in with the interior of the TARDIS in the background) then your feelings probably echo what mine were at that time.

Like I said, maybe once we see the actors interact with it, perhaps I'll warm to the change (and I'm the first to admit, I'm not always comfortable with change at first). But it is such a drastic change.

19. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I think I've fixed the broken image now. :)

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And yep, that was one of the promo pics I was thinking of (there's another where Amy has her arm slung over a standing Eleven's shoulder with one knee bent slightly with the TARDIS looking exactly like your picture in the background.

21. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    Huh, Weird. I think that promo picture makes it look better than it ended up being. :p

I like that we've gone from orange to blue, though. Can't get much more inverted than that.

22. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    :D

I LOVE the new console room! It has a VERY Classic Who feel - which is great if (as I presume) this is to last through the 50th Anniversary. Great stuff. Of course, I fully expect it to look better in motion. :p And I really hope we'll get to see more of it (other than the dressing room and some corridors)

Everton and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  23. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I LOVE the new TARDIS. It calls back to all the old TARDIS interiors, while also being fresh and new exciting. Can't wait to see it in movement!

lol Mar we said essentially the same thing at practically the same time.

24. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    It looks awesome. I can't wait!

NEW PREVIEW CLIP!!!

25. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    This might sound daft but it looks kind of "modular", in the sense that I can imagine them having set up the floor beneath the console room in such a way that they can quickly switch stuff around the central pillar, unplug and plug new furnishings at their leisure and go "da da" new room whenever they want, without exploding their budget. I expect we'll see the Doctor and Clara/Oswin running down and down an apparently "endless" flight of stairs (and past various rooms) at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.