main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite TCW Anakin episode to date?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garth Maul, Dec 18, 2012.

?

Favorite Anakin episode is:

1. Shadow of Malevolence

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Destroy Malevolence

6.3%
  3. Storm Over Ryloth

12.5%
  4. Hostage Crisis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Cargo of Doom

6.3%
  6. Cat and Mouse

18.8%
  7. Overlords

18.8%
  8. Ghosts of Mortis

18.8%
  9. Escape from Kadavo

12.5%
  10. other

6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    We started with favorite Obi-Wan episode, because I'm doing the polls. :p

Now it's time for your favorite Anakin episode - I have selected 9 episodes I felt were the best Anakin-centered episodes over the last 4.5 seasons - and I have left an "other" option because I'm sure there's some I didn't like as much as some of you, et cetera.

2. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I gotta say, I just happen to love the Obi-Wan centered episodes more, and to tell you the truth, revieiwing TCW, it seems like Anakin might be the character who has gotten the short end of the stick in terms of character development.

He's present in many episodes, but only as a side character.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Went with Mortis.

If only because of the epic-force-beat-down that Skywalker laid on the yin-yang-twins.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think I see what you mean. Some of the episodes don't really feel like Anakin episodes, he just happens to have a significant role in them. They're not "all about him" in the way episodes have been for other characters.

Mortis is definitely all about him, but you know how I feel about Mortis. Some of the Face/Off arc was all about trolling Anakin and the Slaves arc was about his anger, too.

The space battle episodes are more about him just kicking *** than about Anakin the character. Which is fine, I guess a significant part of Anakin is kicking ***.

Wasn't Blue Shadow Virus/Mystery of a Thousand Moons big for Anakin as a character? Too bad they were terrible.

The Citadel arc had a bit of development with Tarkin and worries for Ahsoka (which continued in the Trando duology), but they weren't all about him.

I had a hard time choosing. Was gonna go with "Shadow of Malevolence" just because I think it's the best demonstration of him as a warrior, but I went with other for "Slaves of the Republic" because I think it did the whole slave/anger/dark side thing better than "Escape from Kadavo".

Garth Maul likes this.
  5. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Mortis, I really haven't liked the majority of his episodes, though.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, Mortis was probably the most Anakin-centric but I couldn't stand Mortis. I'd much rather see Anakin being a smartass or beating the crap out of someone than see him going through some spiritual crap about his "destiny." (Hint, Anakin: Don't listen to the so-called prophets, you make your own.)

Among those in the poll I picked Destroy Malevolence, but I also liked Brain Invaders and Senate Spy, even if they were not specifically Anakin-centric.

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Despite it being an "Ahsoka learns a lesson only to forget it the next episode" plot, Storm Over Ryloth still gets my vote. Why? Because it is one of the few honest to god space battles we've gotten on the show, and it had a big payoff with the Thrawn maneuvering and the Battlestar Pegasus ramming scenes.

Garth Maul likes this.
  8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Gotta go with Overlords, the deepest dive into the concept of the Force in perhaps all screen-bound Star Wars.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    "Cat and Mouse", strange episode name but a fun one. Anakin is portrayed as a cunning leader who outwits his opponent well in this one rather than just running in with his lightsaber. His confidence and humor play well in contrast to conventional and uptight Yularen. Then its cool how clone trooper Sparks is shown to idolize Anakin.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  10. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Hard choice, I feel like some of these episodes, like others said, don't feel like Anakin type episodes. I went with Cargo of Doom though, still one of the best episodes to date and though it was more of a Anakin, Ahsoka, Rex and Bane episode it had Anakin in it I guess so yeah.

Was gonna go with Overlords if it was a standalone episode.

11. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Ok... right off I would say that Storm over Ryloth portrayed Anakin in the best possible way ever and he went out in the episode with a great move - you know which one I mean. GENIUS EPISODE! Like the entire Ryloth arc.

The other episodes:

I wouldn't consider any of the Malevolence episodes as his episodes. As those were group efforts that focused on the awesome CIS ship.

Hostage Crisis was a fun episode where we saw the concept of "This weapon is your lifer" expanded. But there were some very awkward scene with Anakin. And we did see that he is kinda useless without his lightsaber in the episode. Even until the end of S4, he is still very clumsy with anything that is not his saber.

Cargo of Doom was a nice episode with him. Very well structured.

Cat and Mouse - as much as I want to say "this might be my favorite", I would say that this episode is not an Anakin episode but more like Trench and Yularen's episode. Anakin was just there, doing things that would get him grounded IMO.

Mortis - WORST Anakin episode to be honest.

Escape from Kadavo - he did not know what to do there. It was a real anticlimax.

12. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Wow, this poll certainly does magnify how there have not been many episodes focusing solely on Anakin. Certainly, there have been episodes that have had some really great character development for him.
    The episodes where he stands out for me are:
    Storm Over Ryloth and Cat and Mouse: showcasing his command and piloting skills.
    Overlords: displaying the Force power he was prophesied to have.
    Slaves of the Republic and Escape from Kadavo: charming the best villainess to date.
    Tough to choose, but I vote Overlords.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Hard to say really, i love every Anakin episode but if i had to choose, it would have to be the Mortis Arc, Escape from Kadavo, Cargo of Doom and the Malevolence Arc

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    This was the hardest to select episodes for out of any of the characters who have had a bunch of episodes with major roles.

Well, Padme, but for other reasons. :p

Seerow likes this.
  15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Anakin is in sooooo many episodes.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Which is awesome

17. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Cat and Mouse, but that's only because of Trench not Anakin. Trench is a 100 times more interesting than Anakin.

18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Too many if you ask me...

And Vader, you do say that for every episode. You remind me of a character from That Guy with The Glassess - the Bum from Bum reviews. :p ;)
    For every sketch/review of a movie he says: "Oh my god, this is the greatest movie I have seen in my life"

but with you it is with episodes.

YOU NAILED IT!

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    What the heck did i just watch lol

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    LOL

But did you see my point? :p

21. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The Mortis eps. Anakin Skywalker realizes that he is The Chosen One, which was something he previously dismissed as a myth, and needs to bear the responsibilities that come with the title. He also witnesses himself and Ahsoka turn to the dark side and he's horrified as #### at this, and would probably do whatever he can to stop this. Yeah, about that... [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.