main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Europe FACTS

Discussion in 'Europe Discussion' started by General Immodet, Dec 19, 2012.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Has anyone been to FACTS?
    FACTS is a convention organized in Gent (Belgium).

I have been a loyal visitor for the last seven years.
    Last year, I was disguised as Albert Wesker (RE).
    Two years ago, I was disguised as Fidel Castro.
    Three years ago, I was disguised as Dharma Initiative Workman.

I wonder if there are other people on this forum who have already visited FACTS...

2. ComicDiva

ComicDiva Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2004
    I actually wanted to go to FACTS last year, bought a plane ticket even, but I had to cancel. I know you had the Boondock Saints boys there this year and I would've LOVED to see them. Anyway, I'm keeping my eyes on FACTS because it's pretty cheap compared to Fedcon, the other convention I usually go to.

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've heard quite a lot about FACTS, and it would be fun to go someday, but it's not a top priority for me, especially in years when there is a Celebration somewhere in the world.

4. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    FACTS is a nice convention, but I liked it better when it was still less known.
    Last year, it was overcrowded. Most of the visitors weren't even into fandom.
    They just came sightseeing without the intention to buy anything or talk to other people (I visit FACTS mainly for one purpose: to expand my collection of comics).
    Plus, most of the fans who do visit FACTS nowadays are into Manga. In the past, FACTS was mainly for SW fans...

Although I highly recommend going to FACTS, I don't know whether the convention is that good that you have to buy a plane ticket in order to get there.
    Still, it's nice to hear you're interested! :)
    I was beginning to think nobody knew what FACTS exactly was...

5. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I love going to conventions, but not if I have to buy a plane ticket to get there. Maybe I will go SW Celebrations in Germany... Germany isn't that far away...