main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Star Wars Episode 7 Plot Ideas

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by DarthRuss, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Although there are a lot of intersting ideas here, I see the ST a little differently.......

For me, have always thought that one of the strong points of the Star Wars storytelling was to dual element where you had the political issues and also the force related issues. Both of these elements together have given us the Skywalker story, with Leia coming from the political side, and Luke from the side of the force.

That being said, I would like to see the ST revolve around the struggle to rebuild the Replublic. Leia would be at the head of this movement having earned huge support after the events of the OT.

Although obviously supportive, Luke would be torn between involving new Jedi in the Republic struggles and discovering a new Sith threat. Unlike the Sith of previous trilogies, there is no aspiration for political power. This Sith has one purpose, and that is to avenge the Sith and destroy the Skywalkers.

I know that there has been a lot of discussion about bringing the Sith back, and how it would be done. I believe that there are a couple of really nice openings to bring in a new Sith Lord without negating anything from the previous films, and actually making some pretty cool ties between the ST and the PT. In Ep VII we would see a hooded Sith Lord, like Palpatine in the PT, instructing his apprentice to do his dirty work. The best part would be that the reveal as to who the new Sith Master was would not happen until Ep VIII or maybe even IX.

There would also be a bit of tension between Luke and Leia over whether or not the Jedi should be involved with rebuilding the Republic. Leia wants Luke and the new Jedi Order to have a place in the Republic, but Luke feels that the history of the Jedi shows that they should take a different path. Forced to interviene when an attempt is made on Leia's life, Luke and the gang embark on a final showdown with the Sith.

By the end of the ST the Republic is re-established to its former glory and the Jedi Order pursues a more scholarly existance studying the ways of the Force.

(I'm not an EU guy, so all my thoughts are based on film elements only.)

Kinda like:
    Star Wars: This Time Its Personal

Immortiss, Darth kRud and JoeyArnold like this.
  2. BAK

BAK Jedi Youngling

Dec 11, 2012
    There are a lot of good ideas here (and some not so good), and I'm sure we've all got our own versions of what we would like to see. For example, I think it would be great to tie in the PT and the Clone Wars by having Mace come back as the main bad guy (Sam Jackson has already expressed interest in coming back), and somehow work Darth Plagueis into the story, as the guy behind the scenes pulling the strings. (Maybe he did cheat death after all!)

If you have to make a big shocking move, you could keep the EU intact by killing someone like Ahsoka (who would by now be a Jedi Master), or a new character. You could even have Assaj Ventress figure into the picture somehow.

The problem with this kind of fanwanking though, is everyone thinks their idea is the best. Then when the movie comes out, and it's radically different than what we wrote in our heads, we tend to get indignant. "If only they had done what I wanted, it would have been a great movie!"

I'm trying very hard not to fall into this trap this time, as I did for the PT. I hope I can just keep expectations at a minimum and then be blown away! That's going to be easier said than done, I'm afraid.

Darth kRud likes this.
  3. hanshotfirst87

hanshotfirst87 Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2011
    A former Imperial general gathers a small army with one very evil cool dark Jedi and seeks revenge on our heroes starting with him murdering someone important to get our attention.

4. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    Luke is killed in a surprise attack on the Jedi Temple by 30 dark jedi of a mysterious Sith sect. A lone jedi escapes to coruscant to inform Admiral Solo. This sith sect had been created in secret by Sidious. This army of force sensitive sith warriors, splitered throughout the empire, in the event of his death, would trigger and secretly form at a predetermined planet and build their strength until they were ready to strike and avenge his death. Their goal is not to wrestle back control of the republic, but to take revenge on the galaxy that rejected Palpatines rule. Funded by a secret slush fund from Damask Holdings set up by Darth Plagueis over 100 years ago, they are able to work in secret and with massive resources. The funding is controled by a son that Sidious had sired in secret before his rise to power. This son is a double agent within the new republic, and a close friend of the protagonists.
    This information would be slowly revealed over the course of the three films, culminating in the identity of the of Son of Sidious being revealed. So it would be like a giant detective film, with kick ass action ensuing with each discovery.

Anyway, that's a rough first go.

5. STARKILLER365

STARKILLER365 Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2012
    I completely agree!!!=D=

6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Episode VII : An Enemy Reborn

40yrs have past since the battle of Endor.....On their yearly visit to the memorial of Chewbacca on Kashyyyk Han Solo & Luke Skywalker are ambushed by a mysterious group who have the look of Sith , this groups main target was Luke Skywalker but in the cross fire Han Solo dies...this chain of events leads Luke Skywalker , Ben Skywalker & Jaina Solo on a mission to find these mysterious assasins & avenge Han Solo's death .

Darth kRud likes this.
  7. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I know that there are a lot of "This is was SHOULD happen" out there, but speaking for myself, my thoughts in here are responding to questions asked by other members.

As far I I think what should happen:

Lucasfilm should make its movie.

8. battlefrontboy

battlefrontboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    [​IMG]

It would be interesting if at the beginning of the film Luke is like Radagast in the Hobbit (or for that matter, Yoda or Ben Kenobi). Not necessarily eccentric like Radagast, but living harmoniously with animals in a secluded cabin. I can see Luke living a monastic life and coming to terms with things he has done (he has killed thousands of people, after all) and meditating on the force. Anakin's ghost would eventually draw him out of seclusion.

Master_Ysagon likes this.
  9. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    begin the next film in the after life heaven place with yoda, kenobi, and anakin talking for a few minutes

10. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Yeah. same here. I feel this is just purely speculation. I'm sure what they come up with with be a little left field to some degree - and for the most part I hope my own idea doesn't happen. I want to be surprised. (As much as I'll probably be reading a ton of spoilers when they trickle in)

That said; my own idea would be something about the legacy of the jedi, about rebuilding the galaxy and learning about the force - as it truly is meant to be.

Episode VII:
    Spectre of the Force

Opens high above the forest moon of Endor 40 years after the fall of the Emperor. Ambassador Leia Solo along her husband Han and their 30 year old son, Ben, are returning to the core planet of Coruscant for the ceremonial opening of the new Galactic Senate, which is reconvening for the first time in over half a century. As the scroll ends we see a small damaged smoking grey craft, with a worn Imperial logo on the tail, drift to the center of the screen. A giant blue and white Republic Cruiser crosses paths with the tiny craft and we learn that the elusive Imperial fugitive General Starkiller is on board.

The Old General's craft is in distress and his two pilots lay dead at the controls. A tractor beam takes hold of the craft and we see Republic guardsmen overtake the hatch and capture the General without a fight. Starkiller surrenders but Leia senses a ruse and tries to obtain information out of him. She knows that Starkiller and the rest of the Imperial Governors are in league with each other. Even though battles are few and far between, the Governors still control a cluster of star systems. She reaches out using the force, but fails. As she's questions him, her ship shakes from gunfire. It was a trap! Four, small Imperial ships, emerge from the other side of the moon and open fire on the Cruiser. The guardsmen stay their ground and ready themselves to save the Ambassador, but Leia, even in her more fragile, elderly state, merely nods at her protectors and then overtakes the general in one swift motion. The General looks up to a circle of drawn guns at him and is dragged off to the brig. The four other Imperial ships take much gunfire and flee into hyperspace.

With Starkiller apprehended, the fleet might be able to locate and overtake the fledgling Imperials once and for all. Han asks her if she can read the General to find out any information. But she insists that she can't. Luke never taught her. They share a moment, one that they've obviously shared before. One that puts distance between them. Han ask if she can sense Luke. She shakes her head, no. She hasn't sensed her brother's presence in over 25 years. Han gives her another look; a sceptical one. He wants her for forget about him. He tells her he's not coming back. That he's probably dead by now. Leia feels differently. She tells Han that Luke made a promise. A promise to return one day.

General Starkiller is interrogated and tells them the exact location of the star sector where the Imperials have staged their base. Knowing it's a further trap, Leia hails the fleet and a number of nearby ships journey with her to the system of Mallastare.

The small fleet arrives at Mallastare to find the Imperial fleet mostly destroyed. A small array of ships float in the upper atmosphere, some broken and torn in half. Leia orders a ground assembly to investigate the planet. The crew, along with Ben, and five "ST-AT Walkers" searches the smoldering ruin of the base. A small faction of storm troopers, who's armor is half missing and worn, reveal themselves. They surrender immediately. While leading them up the ships ramp, Ben notices something gleam nearby. We walks over and finds a silver round 9 inch hilt with a black mat rubber handle. He knows it's a lightsaber, even though no one has ever seen one in his lifetime. He looks around, notices no one left on the ground and picks it up and then runs up the ramp

Aboard the ship Leia and the Republic officers interrogate the troopers. Nearly out of breath they state that they were attacked two days prior by an Armada. They were no match for the soldiers - who they describe as ruthless Barbarians. One of the troopers then describes that in the midst of gun fire, a small shuttle landed. It didn't match the other ships - all of which had a skull marker emblazoned on their flags - and a lone figure stepped out, wielding a laser sword and started helping us. "It was like nothing I had ever seen before" "He was fast" "He nearly brought them all down" "But in the end, they over took him"

Ben steps forward and places the lightsaber on the table. Leia recognizes it at once as Lukes. Now the mystery really unfurls.

This would all take place in the first 30/40 minutes or so. It would introduce the characters, the new guys, and the mystery at hand. From here, Leia and Han take the fleet back to Coruscant, and take a back seat to the story and action. Ben senses something for the first time in his life - the force, although he keeps it to himself. The Jedi aren't talked about any more. Many see their Order as a failure, or even worse - a fable. While in orbit above the planet, the Republic Guard make plans to chase down this "Armada" Ben asks to help out and here we have the core group (Ben and a few of the Guard leaders). An Imperial storm trooper tags along to help identify where the Armada may have gone. (I feel as though some mending fences might be in order. Like...the galaxy needs to team up to fight this outside Barbarian force. Seeing an Imperial change and be one of the good guys could be interesting. Which is why I chose to have the Jedi help them out. If you saw that, it could be a major shock to the viewer.)

This would be inter cut with that mysterious Jedi, locked up and then escaping the hands of his Barbarian captors. We would see him communicating to someother figure, via the force and being mindful and peaceful. Very monk-Jedi like. He would learn who these new baddies are...but ultimately we don't spend much time with him. He's a mystery.

By the 3rd act, Ben and the Guard find the Armada, and have a huge flight and land on one of their ships. The Armada is staging another attack on a planet. The Jedi who was on board now escapes and meets up with the heroes. He can feel the force is strong with Ben, and subtly gives him clues that he knows who Ben actually is. Ben hands the lightsaber back to him and he gets just a bit of training.. just a little nudge, in the same way Old Ben did.

After the final battle, Ben and the Republic Guard escape the armada and learn that the Barbarian horde, known as the ancient, long forgotten Mandalorians, have begun an invasion. They learn that dozens of outer rim systems have already been taken. The Jedi who helped them vanishes without a word. Ben makes his way back to Coruscant - which we see for the first time post Empire, where he tells them of the invasion and the Jedi.

Leia is forced to wonder who it was, Luke, a Master Jedi Knight, or some one else? Some begin rejoicing the return of the Jedi. Some really have no idea what that means, as it's just a lost religion, a fable told to kids.

We would then shift back to the shuttle that the mysterious Jedi took. It lands on the lush, mountainous planet of Aquilea. Here, atop of high mountain temple he meets up with a hooded figure, who is revealed as Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. (I'm thinking it's either him in the flesh, or as a ghost)

EP VIII: The second movie would deal with the Mandalorian taking hold of many systems. The Republic fends them off. Ben, begins to communicate via the force and feels instructions to go to Aquilae. He lands on the beach and soon finds 10 other individuals, who turn out to all have the same dreams. They team up and fend off the local creatures and soon climb to the top of the mountain to meet their fate. There they meet the Luke Skywalker, Jedi Legend. And he begins training them in the ways of the force, as he's learned it. By the end of the movie, he passes on - perhaps after being reunited with Leia and Han briefly and leaves the 12 members to form the new council.

EP IX: Would then deal with the formation of the new Jedi order. Their temple is now on Aquilae, where the spirit of the force is strong. The Republic is not winning the battle and relents - asking the new Jedi for help. By the end of the movie, the Jedi are officially ordained as protectors of peace and justice.

Clearly this has a ton of plot holes and is thought out too well... basic fan-fiction. I think there is some opportunity to mirror the PT. Luke is like the anti-palpatine. He's the mysterious figure, in the background, trying to achieve a master plan.

11. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Star Wars VII: Mask Revealed:

The next film, will begin showing Luke walking through a forest.

Suddenly, Darth Vader begins fighting him.

Eventually, Luke cuts off Vader's head.

Luke then discover's Leia's face underneath the mask.

This scene is similar to the tree vace Luke entered on Dagabah with Yoda in Empire Strikes Back.

In Episode 5, Luke discovers his own face underneath the Vader mask.

So, here, when discovering his sister underneath the mask, Luke wakes up.

This would be the first ten minutes or so.

Luke kills Leia Vader.

Then Luke wakes up from such a nightmare.

And the next films can deal with all those deals.

12. battlefrontboy

Nov 17, 2012
    I wouldn't mind a subplot of Luke trying to turn the ghost of Palpatine good, as Palpatine helps Luke undo the evil he created.

13. JoeyArnold

Nov 7, 2012
    Star Wars VII: Sidious Casper the Friendly Ghost

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  14. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    I was thinking of possible plot lines, and I was reminded that Star Wars is a romance. That led me to recall the plot lines from the earlier drafts and their strong Arthurian connections (by way of Akira Kurosawa and Jidai-geki of course).

So, I'm thinking we'll have a king or a queen, castles, Jedi as magician advisers, stuff like that. Read the Rough and First Drafts if you haven't to understand what I mean. I do not believe we will have Sith, nor Palpatine's ghost. I know Palpatine is sort of immortal, but Lucas has made it pretty clear that he does not want evil ghosts, so I think only good guys will be wearing their transparent sparkly blues. We know the plot lines he has of the sequel trilogy involve Luke going after Palpatine, but they were written before the decision to include the Emperor in Return of the Jedi, and also involve an Other who was turned into Leia. So, no Palpatine I think (which is a shame, because at this point I basically turn up to these things for Ian McDiarmid, but what can you do).

The Arthurian line of thought led me to believe they could go for dissident Jedi. I thought: how does Arthur get screwed? He goes away and returns to find his kingdom ruled by a usurper, gets mortally wounded by said usurper, and we're waiting for him still. What I would do when adapting that for Star Wars would be to have some Jedi serve an evil leader (the President or whatever of the Alliance?), as they did in the early drafts, and other Jedi opposing them, like the Sith, or Dai Nogas, opposed the Dai Bendu in those same drafts. Then Luke would get killed in the first movie like Obi-Wan did, and the younger generation would carry the story. Of course, this storyline has been done very recently (except for Luke dying of course), but there's nothing they can do which hasn't been done before (because Lucas really didn't want to make these pictures and let other writers explore these areas; in the end, it seems greed has more heads than Lucas is willing to cut).

So, if they go the Arthurian way, there are other ideas they could adapt: a war of expansion fought by the Alliance against stubborn remnants of the Empire or other foes (Roman Empire), the Jedi going on actual foolish idealistic Crusades, maybe bring back the Kyber Crystal as the Holy Grail (though it would need a new name, unless they go with the Kaiburr), and -- something that would really get the blood rushing to the relevant parts for those greedy corporate types thinking only of revenue -- massive battles between lightsaber-wielding warriors numbering in the thousands.

JoeyArnold likes this.
  15. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Mandalore's and Imperial remnants, teaming up.

16. battlefrontboy

Nov 17, 2012
    In Episode III Anakin struggled with accepting death. It is one aspect of the force that we haven't seen Luke conquer. He was faced with the death of his friends in ESB, but gave in and rushed to save them. I think we will see Luke faced with the prospect of letting someone die (Leia?) for the greater good.

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
  18. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Um, uh...

[​IMG]

Think Luke's already had that one.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  19. battlefrontboy

Nov 17, 2012
    I agree that Luke was accepting his father at that moment, but Vader was going to die no matter what at that point. Luke hasn't been faced with a situation like Anakin where someone close to him is going to die and he has to let it happen rather than turn to the dark side to prevent it. In the Dark Knight for example, Batman had to choose between saving someone he personally cared about vs. saving someone for the greater good.

20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I really don't wanna see Luke walk around with bird poop on his head

21. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

He does insist "I have to save you, father," though. Luke pretty clearly means in a physical sense as well; Anakin corrects him in that he saved him in a spiritual sense and then lets go.

22. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Read an idea (not sure if it was on here or not) that Luke Skywalker was thought to have died at the Battle of Endor on the Death Star when it exploded, along with Vader and the Emperor, with only the leaders of the New Republic + the rest of the OT cast knowing that he did indeed survive. Because of this, Luke is able to reform the Jedi Order in secret and serve the New Republic in the shadows, as Jedi (and anyone who can use the force, for that matter) are still generally disliked and mistrusted.

23. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Will they....
    - Have Ben, Jacen, Jaina & Luke be the main heroes?
    - Will Luke & Leia find out more about their family's legacy?
    - Would Han die?
    - Will there be Dark Jedi?

24. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Well, the main protagonist will have to let Luke die.

25. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    In a universe full of clones and force ghosts and Palpatine's reference to Darth Plagueis and the possibility of immortality, it's reasonable to assume the return of Darth Sidious in some form. I think it's also reasonable to assume the Republic has returned to its former glory, as well as the Jedi Order. I'd like to see the children/grandchildren of Han and Leia and Luke, whatever they might be called in the ST, in action against the return of political corruption and dark forces (return of Palps, or a Jedi schism).

Basically, as the power of the Republic and Jedi Order grow, corruption and overreaching inevitably arise -- every civilization has this sort of ebb and flow, so it makes sense to continue the basic theme of the first two trilogies. Or, maybe some funky new alien forces will attack or rise to prominence like the Yuuzhan Vong, but I'm not a huge fan of abandoning the Sith.

The big question of the ST will be: can the New Republic and Jedi Order be built in better ways than the old versions? Or will their new promise be ruined early on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.