main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - Episode 5.2 - A War on Two Fronts - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    We saw the Battle of Sullust for like 90 seconds. Focus on the space battles, not the other crap!

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    One thing that really bugs me about this arc, I'm rewatching both eps with a keen eyed friend who thought it was crazy as well, is: Why? It makes no sense to me. What was Mina Bonteri doing supporting the CIS? Not connecting that is a big disconnect. I mean Mina Bonteri seemed to be a big supporter of Dooku and the CIS and turns out the king is a fake and a traitor and the real one was silenced. Didn't he support the CIS. Were they all duped? WTF? When would all of this have happened in the time line. I keep trying to fanon it together in my head and naturally all I can come up with is the true king was replaced after Mina's death but Lux in the holo at the beginning makes it sound like this whole true king getting replaced by a CIS puppet was going on for a long time. I don't usually get bothered by this sort of thing in TCW, but this time it does.

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    That is what is my biggest problem with this arc. They spend soo much time on droid poppers but do not spend the time in explaining the confusing situation on Onderon.

It does not make sense without a good explanation.

So all this time Mina Bonteri was serving the evil king but I am sure she minded. Maybe like many other Onderonians, she is fine with the new king.

But the way the newsreel stated everything, sounded like this happened yesterday and not in the beginning of the war..

GeneralCIS likes this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    This is typical of TCW's snapshot like nature. But its still something that is really hard to reconcile. I may need to go back and rewatch HOBS and even A Friend in Need in an arc with these four episodes once all have aired to see if anything pops out at me. I'm fairly certain King Rash would have been appointed some time after Mina Bonteri's death and things would of have to of become oppressive in a very short amount of time. Makes me wonder what was going on before that. Its really sounding like every political or ruling figure on Onderon was infact corrupt the entire time including Mina. I can buy that Lux is that stupid.

5. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    IMO all was just ok. Mina Bonteri was alive and well. Lux was ignorantly blind and stupid. If Mina never died, Lux would still love the CIS and not try to ditatch himself from it.
    WHAT IF Mina aligned the planet with the CIS thinking it would be good but after her death the people of Onderon and the King became restless so Dooku send droids and Rash to quiet them down of sorts.
    After Mina's death Lux would be angry at the CIS and he would drive more people against the CIS all because he is angry still at Dooku for the death of his mother.,

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's an excellent theory and besides that it doesn't seem like Dooku did much of a job keeping Mina's assasination a secret. Having your senator assasinated would certainly cause unrest and disturst among the citizens.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    That's an excellent theory and besides that it doesn't seem like Dooku did much of a job keeping Mina's assasination a secret. Having your senator assasinated would certainly cause unrest and disturst among the citizens.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Thank you!

After watching the latest episode number 4, I am still asking myself many questions about Onderon itself.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    When the arc completes I'll rewatch HOBS and maybe "A Friend in Need" in one big arc with these episodes. It might help.

10. GeneralCIS

GeneralCIS Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2012
    I found this episode very slow. My main complaint is how they make killing battle droids seem so easy.

11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Couldn't find a "grade the episode" thread for this episode, so I'll just post here. Sorry, I'm sure I'm repeating several things that have already been mentioned.

• I learned after that it came before in terms of timeline, but seeing Adi Gallia on the Council after being killed in the previous episode was jarring.
    • It was cool to see the cloaked Jedi stalking around the jungle. We rarely get to see them all stealthy.
    • Weird seeing Rex out of uniform like that. Just didn't feel right. How did you feel about that Seerow ?
    • They spent way too much time teaching the rebels to throw grenades "a little bit softer now". It was just mind-numbingly stupid. It came off as written by a nerd who has literally never thrown anything in his life.
    [​IMG]

• Anakin's "impressive" line was just depressing. Seriously, even Matt Blander couldn't have sounded any less impressed when he said it.
    • Steela came off as a suitably cool female role model.
    • Ugh. Stupid battle droids make battles pointless.
    This one was hard to score. It's not the worst episode, but it's not particularly good, either. I was mostly unamused.
    5/10

12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    CT-867-5309. I didn't mind seeing Rex out of uniform. I found it stranger how Rex smiled at everything in this episode. He never smiles. I was also disappointed that TCW put Lux, a boy whose father was killed by clones on screen alongside the show's best developed clone and they didn't do anything with it. There was a perfect setup for some drama there.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    CT-867-5309

Very painful that was... UUUUUGGHhhh...

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    bumped for discussion. This is the episode repeating this week.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I want the robes back. I was so excited for them and they haven't been used since. Sometimes I don't think TCW's team gets how significantly little things like that and a few measures of John Williams can make the show feel connected to the saga.

Seerow likes this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Rex usually does all his smiling when he's wearing his helmet... we can't see it. :p As to all the questions being asked about "why this?" and "why that?", do not concern yourselves with these details, because DROID POPPERS!

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    This was a fun episode :p

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Rex does sound more cheerful sometimes I guess. Funny thing is alot of the time when he isn't wearing a helmet Rex is either stoic, particularly when compared to say Fives or Jesse or the guy just looks around with really sad, soulful eyes. I just found it out of character. I like the smile Rex does with just his eyes the best.

He should have been bored out of his mind. Droid Poppers!

The robes were cool. I thought AWOTF did alright in the music department. Its to bad the training just drags. It was interesting for about 3 minutes.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    DROID POPPERS!

20. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Fun episode?! FUN?! I can not disagree more... I am so shocked they are repeating this boring episode. It was toooooooooooooooooooo boring for a repeat.

22. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    If only they weren't taking a break..

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The entire Onderon arc is repeating. They probably should have rerun Young Jedi. IMO.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    At least this episode had some cool Anakin/Obi-Wan/Jedi Council dynamics in play, the rest of the arc didn't even have that.

anakinfansince1983 and Seerow like this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    They faked me out at the end of this one and had me thinking Rex would stay for the arc instead of just being a wasted potential.