main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Shadow Conspiracy Spoilers Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Asharak A question
    How and where does Satine die?

2. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Go back a page or two , and you will see I have already described it.

3. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003

The only one that feels rushed is "Eminence", but I think that’s intentional. It’s basically about what a force of nature a Sith with a plan is, It really shows why they are such a big threat to the galaxy.

4. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    I agree with Asharak, only "Eminence" feels too compact... but I will add that if they wanted to.... Maul's deal could have been used to drive an entire season, instead of just a handful of eppys. It seems to me that became their intent, after they saw how good the arc was, they split
    it up and moved it around.

Oh, and.... Darth Sidious is Mandalore.[face_devil]

cwustudent likes this.
  5. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003

Instead of making us wait so long for it they could have given us an episode in-between each of the other arcs. It’s pretty clear that some time passes between "Eminence" and "Shades of Reason", and between "Shades of Reason" and "The Lawless", and each of those episodes(IMHO) would be great even standing on their own. So, assuming you have read it, did you like the story?

6. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Read it yesterday, really enjoyed it... and yes, I think they should have spaced it out over the course of the whole season. I expect the show to feel more rushed; whereas with the novel, its easier to assume time passed between the four parts. Maul haters will roll their eyes, but each chapter could have been made into a two or three part episode if they fully explored all parties involved. There is a lot that went down.

One miniscule nitpick, the Twilight seemed unfit to be called Skywalker's ship. Just saying.

7. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    :eek: I hadn't realized until you said it. This arc, I think, is resurrecting GL's old plan for the Empire: a puppet emperor with a Sith Oz behind the curtain.

8. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    cwustudent
    To the letter, that is EXACTLY what Darth Maul did when he took over Mandalore.
    Almec is made the legal prime minister who calls Maul his Master.

9. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Fixed.

Do you wanna talk about "mercy" here? Its not a super secret spoiler.

10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Almec will crap his pants the next morning...

As for mercy, I've already beat that to death since it was spoiled...
    I just needed to rant about it after finally seeing it firsthand.:p

11. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003

My impression was that Anakin hadn’t used it for about two years (the book says it’s been two years since The Academy), and hadn’t bothered to fix it since the last time it got damaged.

On the rushed thing, each episode section is about 44 pages long, that’s 2 pages on average per minute of a 22 minute episode. Some pages in each section doesn’t talk about stuff that takes more than 10-15 seconds to depict, and some pages are filled with facts about previous stories, some with internal monologue. I really don’t think the episodes will be any more or less rushed than the book shows them to be, but it all depends on the animation team. Hopefully they don’t screw it up. I certainly wouldn’t have minded if this arc had been spread out to last one or two more episodes, it’s IMHO easily the best arc (based on the book) so far in the series.

SithStarSlayer and hlc88 like this.
  12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Two years or not, Anakin doesn't strike me as the guy who was telling jokes with R2 to mechanics when his ship was in the corner all jacked up. But it wasn't that big of a deal, that's why I used "miniscule" and said, "just sayin.":p

13. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003
    I agree with you, but honestly Im just glad we get to see it again.

Just like I thought it was awesome that:

Obi-Wan dressed up as Raako Hardeen again, and Anakin talking about Obi`s "girlfriend"

14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Yeah, their brief time together was spot-on...

15. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    If only this was a part of the prequels...

On another note, does it mention the writer at all (I'm assuming its Michnovetz...)

16. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003

No, sadly it doesn’t. Michnovetz made some comments back in May that made it sound like he was the one writing it though. He talked about having to spend some time in the thinking box(my phrase, not his), to find out how he was going to make Maul sympathetic. That makes me pretty certain he is the writer, or the writer of a possible future arc about Maul (Wouldn’t that be great).

17. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Question about Savage

So what is his role in all of this. Do they develop him at all, is there a chance he survives or was it a certain death. Just wondering, I've read everything else but nothing on Savage. Thanks.

18. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Savage is definitely killed. Sidious stabs him through the chest and he falls to the ground and shrivels to his former self and tells Maul he was never a good apprentice or ever wanted to be

19. Asharak

Apr 23, 2003

They develop him. As I pointed out earlier in the thread he is starting to develop a "brain", on several occasions (I remember at least two) he says something very intelligent and Maul praises him for being a fast learner. I certainly got the impression that he actually had the abilities to become a competent Sith down the line, (which I didn’t think before reading this story) not just an amazing fighter. There’s a lot of dialogue scenes between him and Maul throughout, though Maul is the main character. Savage, Viszla and Bo-Katan are next in line though in importance

20. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Not exactly, but it good enough.:p

21. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Has it been confirmed this ARC is after the droid one?

22. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    About the Sidious killing Maul thing, I see no reason why he wouldn't. Maul is a liability and he's been betrayed. Maul knows who Sidious is (Palpatine, I mean). If for no other reason, thats enough for him to kill him.

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I hope they kill Satine's nephew and his annoying friends in this arc.

24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Not yet, but tv listing sites are currently listing these episodes are next but we will know for sure when CN update their schedule for
    the week after tbe droid arc ends. We should know for sure on the 5th January what arc is next.

25. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.