main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I never pictured Mara with an accent. I always thought she would talk like Luke, but it makes sense that if she grew up on Coruscant that she might pick up a slight accent. Gods! I hope if EP7 comes out and Mara is in it she doesn't have some weird accent like, "Blimey! I am gon'a kill yew Luke Skywalker. Nuff said, yeah? Awright geeezzaa! Why is i' what I am talkin' like a David Hockney when I am supposed ter be from a galaxy far, far away? Sorted mate."

I used an AMERICAN TO COCKNEY translator to get that so don't blame me if it doesn't make sense. ;)

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. That would be bad.

3. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Luke on Myrkr would have said, "Okay, just shoot me so I don't have to listen to that irritating accent."

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    no plans for a holiday fic....but If I can get the rewrite of a fic I posted 7 years ago done, I might consider writing a tiny little one. However, I have to finish making a few presents and wrapping all of them of course. I barely have gotten back into writing....I've got a good motivation right now...I have to hold onto this before it leaves again.

5. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Maybe. I'm thinking about a sequel to my Festivus story from the gift-exchange last year, but it isn't really coming together.

As for Ben's accent, he's traveled around enough I think he could have whatever accent you want him to. I imagine Mara could turn on and off a couple different accents at will. But I think most of the time she'd settle on no accent, if that's possible.

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Write, ladies, write!!

As for Mara and Ben's accent, I agree with Tarsier that she could turn on and off accents. I think her normal voice was probably just...hm... cultured, if that makes sense.

Ben probably is a mix of his mother and father with how he speaks.

I wonder if Luke taught him the Joker voice.

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I made a passing reference to Mark Hamill's time as the voice of the joker in one of my fics, but someone needs to write a viggie where Luke does a impression of Hawk-Batman's nemesis the 'Sabbacc Joker' and completely freaks Ben out.

Yeah, I can see both Ben and Mara speaking not with heavy accents, but with a hint of something different. Like how Leia is supposed to have a hint of an accent in ep IV. You can really only hear it when she says 'Governor Tarkin, I should have recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board.'

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    For those people in Europe or Asia...when it gets past midnight can you let me know if the world ended or not? Or was the Mayan prediction based on the Pacific timezone?

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Sure Jedi_Lover. But is there an hour prediction? 'cause it could be at like 5 pm instead of midnight. I should cash in my savings and go spend the end of the world in Paris - watch a big ball of fire take out the Eiffel tower. :p

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I don't know of an exact hour, but I like the idea of a party! Yeah! Forget dieting. We should go out eating chocolate and drinking champagne! After all, a big fireball inferno will melt that fat right off our bodies! No more cellulite! Woot! I bet I can get back down to my birth weight![face_party]

11. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    It's past midnight, and I am still alive) And judging from the fact, that a lot of friends, who live in timezone plus two-three hours, are online and alive, world still exists)

12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    That's good to know. When I heard George Lucas was selling to Disney and there would be an episode 7...I was sure that was a sign of the end of times. I mean, didn't the Flanneled One once say there was NO WAY there would be an EP7. But then I should have seen the signs. I always said Mara Jade in the comic UNION looked just like a redheaded Snow White.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SEE! This can mean only one thing. If Mara Jade dies in EP7 a kiss from her Prince will bring her back to life. Hey that's what Disney does best...bring the hero back to life. Although they are also really, really good at killing mothers and orphaning children in their movies also.:(

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. My explanation for Union: everyone was drunk the entire four comics. If you reread it like that, then it makes PERFECT sense and EVERYONE is in character.

I'm calling it now: Mara Jade is not going to be in EP VI. Then again, I also said that there would never be a EP VI, so take from that what you will.

Speaking of Disney, I thought about doing a roulette challenge here involving picking random classic Disney movie plots and inserting Mara and Luke (and maybe Ben) as the characters. What do you guys think of that? I promise not to rig it so that you all get the Lion King and Bambi while I get Cinderella.

EmeraldJediFire likes this.
  14. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    So this would be the perfect time to go watch Mulan and hope for the best... right?

...and as for me writing anything: I promise to NOT be hyper from chocolate when finally attempt it I do. (Have plot bunny! Plot bunny is... insane. May just have to do it anyway...)

15. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehe. Insane plot bunnies are always the funnest to write. I have a few half written fics from completely insane bunnies.

Awe! Yes! Mulan! That came out when I was 5 and I wanted to be exactly like her. Also, Pocahontas was cool. I was a ’90’s/early 2000’s kid so I had the prime of Disney on VHS and I was the right age to see a couple of them in theaters (Hercules the first movie I remember seeing in theaters, but I vaguely remember seeing the Hunchback in theaters). It all went down hill after brother bear. But people often forget that Disney owns Marvel and has done amazing stuff with that.

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I like the little mermaid. Most of those movies came out when i was in my teens and i usually got to watch them when i went over to my little cousins. Also, i really like the old classics particularly sleeping beauty (i think ot was because the dance in the forest woch i fimd particularly romantic).

Jedi_Lover - it/s now 7:40 here and i'm calmly having breakfast like i normaly do. The world appears to still be here, altjough i have not looked out the window yet. :p

17. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Damn. The 90's was the best time to be a kid. My cousin and I went down memory lane the other night when her mother found her pog set. I was feeling so nostalgic, then my brother asked me what a pog was and I just felt really old (pogs were kind of the predecessor to pokemon cards).

That gives me an idea for an entry for my Ben diary. Muahahaha. The entry will be titled: "Ways to have fun on boring mission. One: Make Dad feel really old."

Anyways. It's almost one AM here. I'm still alive. We had a blizzard here and sadly that isn't out of the norm.

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It's now 6:25 pm and I'm still here, although there was the strangest fog up in the middle of the afternoon. [face_thinking]

19. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Survival Log Day #1: Made my way to the nearest Cracker Barrel in search of sustenance...

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
  21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I'll tell you what I found this morning. School was cancelled, my office was shut down, I had no power, no internet and when I went outside I discovered my world that was once in beautiful living color had turned to black & white!!!!

[​IMG]

This photo was taken with a digital color camera!! There is no more color in the great white north!!

Thankfully our 'end of the world' work crew got the power back up before my children freaked out.

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Jedi_Lover, I hate to break it to you, you do not live in the great white north. My world is in black and white 6 months of the year. Because we get such extreme weather, short of a power outage, schools are never cancelled - or else the school year would only be 4 months long :p

I live on Hoth. Yes I've ridden a tauntaun and no, I do personally know a wampa.

23. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I live on the 45th parallel so parts of Canada are 5 hours south of me. It's cold and snowy enough here living along the Great Lakes. Albeit you are farther north, but I am from freaking San Diego so to me this place is COLD!

Also both of my computers crashed..I blame the snow or the damn Mayans. Either way don't expect any updates soon.:(

24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    That's Southern Ontario and Quebec south of you. Try living on the Northern tip of the Rocky Mountain range. I haven't been able to see out my basement window since November.

My life sucks more than yours; don't complain, back to LM.

25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay you win. You're life sucks more...but both of my computers crashed! You have to admit THAT sucks!

And my newest L/M story is gone until my Mac is fixed because Carbonate can't communicate between the two platforms. So I can't get my saved story and put it on the kids' computer that runs on windows.

My stories are gone! :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.