main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Official Yularen in TCW Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CaptainRegor, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    And post number 100 in this thread!

Dave said we would see the return of Tarkin and some officers hopefully he gets Yularen in that bag! I wonder if he refered to a arc in season 6 otherwise it must be in the Coruscant or Maul arc?

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Dave indicated Tarkin will appear this season.

3. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    If they're going to show the non-clone officers again in any meaningful way, it would be a no-brainer to give Yularen a bit of the limelight.

Filoni might have hinted that Tarkin will show up, but he said the same thing about Fives in S5 and the alleged Fives arc is unlikely to fit into the S5 schedule.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I think Tarkin is gonna happen. I think its going to have something to do with those anti-war protester screen shots that are out there which I think are actually from the season 5 trailer. Now it is getting pretty difficult to figure out how all that stuff will possibly fit in a 2-3 episode finale.

5. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    We know that the protesters take issue with the clones, going by their anti-clone placards. In addition, the woman who confronts the camera/Ahsoka takes issue with what the Jedi Order has become during the Clone Wars.

Tarkin could fit into that somehow. Depending on where the anti-clone sentiment comes from (pro-CIS? simple bigotry? general anti-war sentiment that implicates the clones as fundamental to or emblematic of what the Republic is now regressing into?) then Tarkin could have some involvement. My memory could be faulty, but the protesters appear to be protesting at the Jedi Temple so it's possible that Tarkin - who has known dislike of the Jedi's conduct in the war - is manipulating the anti-war/anti-clone/etc. sentiment into something that works to his advantage, with the Jedi taking the blame for everything that has happened to the Republic since the Separatist Crisis or even further back.

Yularen has had a very good working relationship with the Jedi, so I doubt he'd be on the side of Tarkin and his ilk if it comes to a confrontation between them and the Jedi. However, if the role of the non-clone officers within the Republic military is brought up, Yularen would be too fleshed out a character to waste.

Still, going by how AOTC's one-shot-wonder Teckla Minau has had a bigger role in TCW than Dorme (who was actually given a bit of emphasis in AOTC), it's possible that Yularen will be upstaged by the reborn Dao or a Piett who is somehow an Admiral. :p

Seerow likes this.
  6. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Missing

Admiral Yularen if found 500 credits will be awarded

[​IMG]

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    500 credits doesn't sound like alot Darth Vader.

I'm not so sure the rally is anti-clone. Its possible its a genuine anti-war protest and for some reason somebody in the production squad of TCW thinks clone helmets are an appropriate symbol for that. It could be genuinely anti-clone, anti-corruption. Yeah, I find it particularly interesting this is all happening on the steps of the Jedi Temple. Why picket the Jedi Temple and not like the senate building? Other than the fact you can probably get away with TPing the Jedi Temple. You'll probably get shot at the senate building. I am reminded of the protest at the University of Florida "Don't tase me Bro!".

I have trouble seeing how Tarkin can be have something to do with the protest going on. He's doesn't seem real likely to get involved or care about any protest. I have to say I'm looking forward to this mysterious arc more than any other now.

8. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    At least we see Tarkin and the other officers in the Jedi Funeral. Tarkin should really be Admiral next time we see him.

CaptainRegor, Seerow and Darth Vader like this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I forgot Tarkin is seen at the funeral. Good eye Swash. I like the idea of protesting the Jedi but why? Is it because Ahsoka ruined those peace talks on Mandalore?

And I renamed this thread to The Official Yularen in TCW Thread and added it to the index per the OPs request.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  10. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] I think i see 3 Republic uniforms but I don't see who they are
    I'm hoping the officers in the season 5 trailer actually gets to say some words cross fingers for Yularen & Tarkin. Now aht I doo see is that in the front line left to right we have good old Mas Amedda and Palpatine so it isn't a jedi exclusivity to be there at least.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    It makes sense to me that people would protest the war at the Jedi Temple. The Jedi were regarded as peace-keepers, so some Republic citizens who looked up to them and gave them credit for maintaining the peace all those years could be outraged that they're now playing the roles of generals and warriors. It's a reasonable focal point IMO.

P.S. All this stuff about the trailer maybe should be spoiler-tagged?

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  12. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Jedi started the entire clone war on Geonosis- People also think that they created the clone army in secret- at least so I think because Mace Windu and Yoda decided in AOTC not to reveal the mystery behind the clone army.

[quote="CaptainRegor, post: 50276357, member: 1375197"I think i see 3 Republic uniforms but I don't see who they are [/quote] One next to Kit Fisto is definitely Tarkin and then others are Yularen and Coburn I guess. They didn't add Tenant it seems.....

It seems also probable that Yularen is in the Cato Neimoidia battle with Anakin and Ahsoka.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  13. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Makes sense and as seen in the season 5 trailer the people protesting had a sign with an X over a clone helmet outside the temple so the people against the jedi warfare. Also worth noting is that it is public knowledge that Padme was unsuccessful at the bill against making more clones at the senate.

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes and all this makes it more understandable how Palpatine managed to perform the great jedi purge without greater negative reaction from the people- it took almost 20 years before rebellion started to grow powerful enough to challenge the Empire and reason for rebellion was not the jedi purge -so normal people were okay with it at first.

I have understood that Empire's official history or something actually tells about the clone wars as some kind of jedi attempt to destroy the Republic and Dooku who is also ex-jedi (and public sees no such a big difference between jedi and sith as demonstrated in Revival for example) and leader of the CIS really made it easy to portray jedi as conspirators behind the Clone Wars and it suited to Palpatine just fine.

15. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Okay, I appreciate the use of the spoiler tags. Honestly, I do, but you guys have managed to make this last page completely unreadable for me. I don't have any idea what's going on here! :)

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    -sigh- Damned if I do and damned if I don't, huh?

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Anyways, Akash made an interesting point in the TCW General thread about Lightsaber Lost, its one that I had forgotten. Where Palpatine is talking about the Jedi not having conspired the clone wars to gain more power or what not. So this is a plot line already started in TCW that seems like it'll be coming to a head. That's really cool stuff.

Now it makes more sense to me as to why the Jedi Temple would be picketed by the protestors

To bring this back on topic from that tangent. Yularen might appear in the "Point Of No Return".

18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    So the "Point Of No Return" has Strategic Republic Fleet conference in Carida-system(EU-place and site of the stormtrooper training:cool:) - that sounds most excellent and I guess most admirals and captains we have seen (or heard about) are in there. If they are still alive of course, Yularen, Tarkin, Coburn, Kilian (?), Tenant (?), Wurtz (?) (who is mentioned by Mace in TCW-movie). And knowing TCW there is probably more OT-cameos (Needa, Ozzel, Piett or Dodonna maybe) Then hopefully new admirals and captains, maybe women could be interesting or more alien officers like that little colonel in Secret Weapons arc. I dunno why but I really like republic officers, they've got a stylish uniforms and all:p

19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Sorry.<3

No, but, seriously, See, I do appreciate it, Luv.

Seerow likes this.
  20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I know I sound like a broken record but this again makes me want to aske about my CIS cameos.... :D

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Old faces and new characters to please both of us would be nice. We are probably getting on to much of a tangent and should stick to talking Yularen.

22. CaptainRegor

Nov 15, 2012
    Here he is!
    [​IMG]
    Why do they refear to him as "Captain" he is important enough to be on the Death Star council he shouldn't be demoted!

(you may susupected it I was the guy asking Dave about Yularen on Rebel Force Radio so that proves that i'm a fan of Yularen!)

23. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    I wouldn't read too much into the 'captain' thing. It is just an asset name that would have carried over waaaaaaaaay back to when the first model of Yularen was made pre-Season One, and they probably hadn't decided on his rank yet.

Same with Tarkin - he was an Admiral as-of the droid rescue arc.

24. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I saw the model before awesome Jason and the jerk Mac wasted Filoni's time by asking a mere 5 fan questions for almost 2 and a half hours.

I wonder why he is a captain now and will we see Yularen become what he is in ANH with the ISB..

CaptainRegor likes this.
  25. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    What happened? Back around mid-S4 he had the old design and now he looks like this, with graying and possibly receding hair. Some time must have passed in-universe since then (even though Ahsoka for instance doesn't look any older).

CaptainRegor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.