main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Omnibus: Wild Space Volume 1

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS OMNIBUS: WILD SPACE VOLUME 1 TP
    Mike W. Barr (W), Chris Claremont (W), Archie Goodwin (W), Alan Moore (W), Steve Moore (W), Steve Parkhouse (W), John Stephenson (W), John Wagner (W), Len Wein (W), John Whitman (W), Ryder Windham (W), Adolfo Buylla (A), Dave Cockrum (A), Alan Davis (A), Gene Day (A), Gary Erskine (A), Bill Hughes (A), Carmine Infantino (A), Klaus Janson (A), Glen Johnson (A), Cesar MacSombol (A), Pablo Marcos (A), Steve Mitchell (A), Glen Mullaly (A), Jim Nelson (A), Ron Randall (A), Walt Simonson (A), Ken Steacy (A), John Stokes (A), John Tartaglione (A), Patrick Zircher (A), Laura Allred (C), Howard Bender (C), Perry McNamee (C), Cary Porter (C), Pamela Rambo (C), Marie Severin (C), James Sinclair (C), Ken Steacy (C), Matt Webb (C), and Nel Yomtov (C)
    On sale May 29
    FC, 480 pages
    $24.99
    TP, 6” x 9”
    A wild collection of rare Star Wars comics, including Alan Moore’s Marvel UK tales, the three issues from Blackthorne (originally in 3-D), and a slew of stories from toy pack-ins, cereal boxes, and Star Wars Kids and Pizzazz magazines! Collects Star Wars 3-D #1–#3; Star Wars: Devilworlds #1–#2; Star Wars: Death Masque; Star Wars Weekly #60, #94–#99, and #104–#115; Star Wars from Pizzazz #10–#16; The Rebel Thief, X-Wing Marks the Spot, Imperial Spy, and The Gambler’s Quest from Star Wars Kids #1–#15; Star Wars: The Mixed-Up Droid; Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Galoob minicomic; Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Ertl minicomic; and Star Wars: Droids from Apple Jacks.
    • A mega-collection of previously uncollected adventures!

2. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Wow! I'm really excited for this one...isn't this most of the random uncollected comics, though? What will be left for Volume 2?

TC

3. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Alan Moore's stories are fantastic.

4. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    It looks like Pizzazz #1-9 aren't in this one. Neither is "Il Potere Della Forza" or "The Cries of Alderaan." And we still don't know what the mysterious Panini comics Randy referenced are, so maybe those will be in vol. 2?

5. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Really looking forward to this volume. Kudos & Thanks to DH for taking the time & effort to track down these extremely obscure & HTF comics and collecting them in 1-2 volumes. Though I did read and enjoy the two-issue UK reprints (published in '96) & have vague memories of reading the small TPB "World of Fire" back in the day, I haven't read (or even heard of) most of this material, ever.

6. Suikoman444

Suikoman444 Jedi Master

Sep 8, 2009
    My guess for Volume 2, if they include all their one-shot uncollected issues, could include any of the following:
    The Keeper's World (From Pizzazz #1-9)
    Shadows of the Empire Kenner Special Part 1 and 2
    This Crumb for Hire (From a Decade of Dark Horse)
    The Jabba Tape (From Star Wars Galaxy #13 and Galaxy Collector #1-3)
    Luke Skywalker's Walkabout (From Dark Horse Presents, Jr.)
    Podracing Tales (From starwars.com)
    Battle For Theed (From Wizards of the Coast Website)
    Il Potere Della Forza (From Hasbro)
    Cries of Alderaan (From Star Wars Galaxies website)

And I don't know if they'll go this route at all, but there are also the infinities comics the are uncollected in an omnibus:
    Tag & Bink
    Bungo n' Rusti Get Carry Out (From Adventure Journal 11)
    Star Wars Miniatures Ads
    LEGO Star Wars Comics
    Vision of the Blade
    Sergio Aragones Stomps Star Wars
    Star Wars Manga Black
    Star Wars Manga Silver

And I know they said they don't have a good source for it and it likely won't ever get omnibussed, but I still would love to see Republic 0 if it ever becomes possible.

7. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I love how this is basically Star Wars Omnibus: Miscellaneous. :p

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  8. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    I am so dorkily excited for this volume. So looking forward to eBaying the grab bag of odd comics from my shelves and shredding my collection of weird pre-Internet Xeroxes.

Related Q: Will Dark Horse ever publish the UK-only Clone Wars comics? Those have been a nightmare for Atlas updates....

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    jasonfry - I've got a whole bunch of the Clone Wars Comics - been subscribing for awhile. If you need anything feel free to ask. (It would help if you know the issue number or roughly when it came out).
    I'm also excited for this - I probably haven't seen most of the contents before.

jasonfry likes this.
  10. Suikoman444

Suikoman444 Jedi Master

Sep 8, 2009
    jasonfry I'm super excited about this and the next volume as well. I've read most of the comics around, except for some of the in ones in this and hopefully the next omnibus. Needless to say, this will be a day one buy for me. I really love the omnibus program.

About the Clone Wars UK stuff, I really hope they do get collected somehow. I've been a subscriber to the US version, but a ton of them never were published here and the ones that are get published months after they are released in the UK.

11. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    So how long until DR gets on the ball and starts collecting all the old short stories? LOL, maybe one day... :(

12. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    This is going to be a day long remembered!

13. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    Pretty dang excited, says I.

14. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    That sounds reasonable, though I still think Il Potere Della Forza is a bit of a long shot. Is that even enough material for half an omnibus, though? Most of those comics are pretty short. Maybe they'll round out the three Jabba stories with the Jabba the Hutt comic? What about the Han Solo comic they had for Free Comic Book Day awhile back?

I'm also curious about why they didn't reprint Pizzazz #1-9 before #10-16...

TC

15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Are the Wild Space omnibuses the final omnibuses?

16. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    I would doubt it since the intent of the Omnibus program is to collect everything eventually.

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I think he asked the question due to the impending licensee change to Marvel.

18. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    No, that's NOT why I asked the question. I asked the question because of the obscurity of Wild Space's content.

19. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I don't think so...
    I most certainly hope not...

20. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009
    Well, IMO, the next Omnibus will probably be Wild Space Vol. 2, then Unknown Regions, collecting the comic strips, and then they might start working on KotOR or Legacy.

21. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    I don't know if publishing a omnibus collection KOTOR or publishing a omnibus collection Legacy is a good idea since those series were recently published.
    They probably won't sell...

22. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Empire and Rebellion were already omnibussed despite being fairly recent series, so you never know. They've still got a good number of older comics to collect though so I wouldn't expect them to get to KOTOR or Legacy too soon.

23. cdgodin

Oct 9, 2009
    Well, it wouldn't actually be that soon. I see all of Wild Space & Unknown Regions being published through the end 2013/1st quarter 2014, then DH starting on original Legacy or KotOR. It isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

24. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I would love for Legacy to have an Omnibus release. It's why I haven't bought the Trades for Legacy, hoping to one day get the Omnibus release.

25. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I have all the singles for KOTOR and LEGACY. There's actually something about single issues that I really enjoy when reading KOTOR; I don't know, it feels so...serialised, like the Saturday morning film serials that partially inspired the OT, I'm really glad I have them, but yeah. I'd buy the omnibuses for both those series even so.

Gorefiend likes this.