main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Post a picture of yourself!

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthTunick , Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Yeah, they're urban beaches, so they're just these little patches of sand with the poles (which if I remember correctly had metal umbrella tops) and the chairs. I mean, you're essentially right in downtown Toronto. The CN Tower is like towering over you as you relax on this, well, sandbox, essentially.

The Bach Music Garden was great though. If you're ever in Toronto go to that.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Oh, so no water lapping at your feet? How strange.

New Zealand's most inland point is a whopping 74 miles from the coast.

3. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    With Everton in London last Saturday:

[​IMG]

4. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Same glasses?

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    With less than a week to go until Christmas I might as well post this Christmas card with myself as Santa (The Swedish term for Santa Claus "tomte" is actually gender neutral and is more connected to a gnome than a Christian saint, so nothing strange with a female Santa here)

[​IMG]

yankee8255 and Lowbacca_1977 like this.
  7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Chris, Mar.... so adorable.

Johanna, that is an awesome Christmas Card!!!!

[:D] [:D]

8. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    The real question is: Are you just crouching down, or are you actually knees-deep in snow? :p

Lovely Christmas card, though. :)

9. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    [​IMG]

A recent pic with my niece Rylee.

10. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Oh man, I haven't heard tomte in some time. Well, I still haven't, but I haven't read the word in some time, either. (My family, up til like 2 years ago, celebrated some horribly rendered version of Scandinavian winter stuff. Santa Lucia and the like)

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Oh, I still miss the days around Lucia when you were running around singing all over town with church and school choirs.

And Mar I am sitting down, we have around 0,5 m of snow here on the ground, but the tree in the back was propped up against a snow mound.

12. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I wish we had half a metre of snow. :(

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I will be happy to wish you all our snow.

14. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    holiday party dance pics incoming... this actually was an attempt by me to look traditionally "nice" so your withering criticisms to that effect will be valid and taken into account here. ive already decided the pants were a poor choice with that blazer and the shoes were an even poorer fit (although i really dont have any better dress shoes that im not afraid of scuffing all to hell on the dance floor)

[​IMG]

"walk this way, madam!"

[​IMG]

bout to pass her behind me, which is why my hand's like that. dunno why im apparently guffawing tho

[​IMG]

"are u there god? its me, rogue..."

[​IMG]

this chick just about got herself dropped trying to pose for the camera here. he must have snapped the shot right the instant before i buckled because we still looked unconcerned

[​IMG]

nice little turn and...

[​IMG]

a nice deep dip. tah dah!

15. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    You should invest in a photo album.

RC-1991, JackG, harpuah and 1 other person like this.
  16. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Hey Mike, I love your work for Samsung.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  17. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Your tie should not extend past your belt when standing upright, or if it does, only slightly.with thicker ties you should really do a full Windsor, and if you don't like that knot(I don't) buy slimmer(not skinny) ties; they're more fashionable anyway.

18. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Why does that bush there keep moving? I wonder if it's really a bush...

19. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    I think you want the Anne Hathaway thread.

Bender666 likes this.
  20. Bender666

Bender666 Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    Is this when you make the first Yule log of the year?

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  21. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It shouldn't go past the belt at all. Your range is from the top of the belt to the bottom. A Windsor knot with that point collar would also be a bad idea, especially with a thick tie. If he had a spread collar on, the Windsor would be good, but not with a point collar. He's got it right in the pictures.

Rogue's already correctly identified his main problems -- the shoes and pants -- so the major advice I'd have (aside from tie length, which is hard to tell in the pictures because he's never standing up straight) is to consider investing in a tie bar if, Rogue, you find that your tie flapping and flopping around while you're dancing bothers you. And I can't tell from the pictures, but if you're wearing a black belt with brown shoes, that's a no-no. I'd really advise going ahead and investing in some shoes you can dance in that can still fit into formal attire, since the outfit kind of falls apart with those shoes. For thirty to fifty bucks, you can pick up some cheap dress shoes that will look a lot better than those.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  22. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    thank you, sir. thats a good point that im not standing upright in the pictures (i tend to slouch when i dance most styles, but in east coast swing (which is what's going on in all these pictures) its actually the convention so yeah, you'll never see me standing upright in one of these photos. i cant recall if my tie was past my belt or not when standing up . didnt know about the top of the belt to bottom of the belt rule, though, that's interesting.

wrt tie bars - the flapping around doesnt bother me and dance partners actually seem to like it. what annoys me about it is just that i find myself having to untie and retie a good half-dozen times a night, because the tie will get caught momentarily between hands or between bodies and get pulled all funky, such as in that picture where im looking up where the skinny end of the tie has been pulled part of the way in front of the knot

what color pantaloons would you suggest with that blazer?

23. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    This fashion discussion is really in-- I-)

jp-30 likes this.
  24. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    The widest part of the tie should land on the belt, yes, but the tip can extend past it. Point about the collar.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  25. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    this is probably how people feel when you or i go on about, say, vagaries of the french revolution and counterrevolution(s)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.