main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I dunno, I'm getting to the point what I'm thinking "Another one of those Marvel movies". I actually haven't seen any of the Iron Man movies. Ow my geek cred.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I guess I still enjoy them (Marvel and also DC) because the movies have always been my only exposure to superhero stuff; I've never read any of the comics. And they're fun to enjoy with my son too. :D

3. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Seerow - I really enjoyed the first Iron Man, and Avengers. The rest are pretty good. They're certainly not horrific by any stretch.

Also Seerow - never heard someone wanting to move from Florida to Baltimore before. :p

On New Year's resolutions - Sx3 could tell you - people lovvvvvvvvve to make exercise resolutions. Gyms get so many membership sign-ups in December and January it's insane. It takes 28 days to form a habit, and most people simply don't get there. You need to find a consistent time to exercise and a consistent activity that works for you. Some people can work out at home, some people need to go to a gym. Some people need a personal trainer, others know enough themselves. Some people skip the gym and do sports or a yoga class.

You want to know the easiest way to exercise and lose some weight? Walk. Buy a pedometer and see if you can walk 10,000 steps in a day. That's really all the exercise you need. Do the stairs instead of taking the elevator.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree that most of the Marvel Films are not horrific Garth Maul. I liked both Captain American and The Avengers. I've always been more of a DC fan though. Man of Steel has my eye. Really my tastes for super heroes are warped by my beloved, wake up, go to school, save the world trope and anime.

I love Florida and will certainly miss it if I leave. I love the sunshine and the beach. Just you wait for Feb when I'm posting the loveliest pictures of the pink flowers blooming around my house while your all up there buried in like 20ft of snow or whatever. Its a reality I've got to face eventually however. I'm like that sappy Kelly Clarkson song "Breakaway". More like moving to the eastern technology corridor between D.C. and Baltimore. Another candidate is New Mexico believe it or not.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    The MCU rules. Even though I prefer DC comics (that includes Vertigo) and animated shows, Marvel has a much better track record in the movie department, with the exception of Batman (60% of the time at least).

As for new year's resolution, I'm really inconsistent with them, and never usually follow through with them. How 'bout this year I resolve not to post so many Robot Chicken videos. It's just too lazy and universal a response to stuff.

Seerow likes this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've just never gotten into the Marvel universe and so I don't tend to care much about their movies. With DC its the shows they spin off for their heroes I tend to like the most rather than the movies although the Dark Knight trilogy rules IMO. And BTW, Batman The Animated Series still owns.

lol Todd the Jedi, I couldn't keep that resolution either.

7. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Watching commericals for "The Hobbit", you know I only saw the first LOTR so maybe I wouldn't know or remember, but.. has Gollum always sounded like Stitch? O__o

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Exercise was one of those resolutions that I didn't wait until the new year to make. Nothing says "wake up call" like "Your blood pressure is too high, your cholesterol is too high, your triglycerides are too high, and you need to do a fasting blood sugar test."

Holy. ****. Yeah, looking at the calendar for the next January 1 wasn't exactly on my radar. That was two years ago; I've lost 20 pounds and feel a whole lot better. It is kind of annoying that it's suddenly hard to get time on the exercise equipment when January rolls around though.

As far as Seerow moving; I've got too many ties to North Carolina at the moment but I'd love to move north. It's way too damn hot around here.

Garth Maul likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I've got ties all family ties in Florida and North Carolina. But I feel I'll stay trapped in this life that I live with more than a quarter of my life wasted. I gotta make a change. I atleast have some good friends who moved up to both the DC and the Baltimore area. Unfortunately I need to be more in the middle of those and ofcourse there is the matter of actually trying to find a job.

Garth Maul likes this.
  10. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Seerow, have you watched any of the other DCAU shows besides B:TAS?

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I have seen Superman: The Animated Series, Teen Titans Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and Young Justice (was not a big fan). I also like the old Justice Friends cartoon and The Adventures of Superman (1950s).

12. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Only the ones in bold are part of the DCAU (or the Timmverse); TT and YJ exist in their own separate universes. Just saying. ;)

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    -shrug.- I don't really think I mentioned the DCAU anyways. I said I liked the shows DC spins off for their heroes better. Did you know I'm an animation buff and I'll watch pretty much any actiony cartoon?

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    T-minus an hour and a half according to Eastern standard time, people.

Not that I care, because if it happens I won't be around to care, and if it doesn't, then we're all in the same place. Right? Right.

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Right. Its been nice knowing you guys.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    At least Teen Titans is tangentially related to the DCAU. Then there's Static Shock, which officially is.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    @anakinfansince1983's attitude about her potentially imminent death is remarkably similar to that of the father of Woody Allen's character in Hannah and Her Sisters:

Seerow likes this.
  18. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I can only imagine the next Apocalypse theory...

Seerow likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Even seen the episode of The Universe, "10 ways to Destroy the Earth?"

20. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    IT'S THE END, OF THE WORLD, AS WE KNOW IT!

AND I FEEL FIIIIINE

21. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    There's only one acceptable way for the world to end...

...it must be demolished to make way for a new hyperspace bypass.

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I recall some show airing on the Discovery Channel within the past couple years that was supposed to be about ways the "world" could end. It was hosted by Samuel L. Jackson and really had nothing to do with the world and only really had to do with catastrophes that could potentially happen within the U.S. and the projected death toll of each (like Yellowstone erupting). As far as I can remember, pretty much every bad thing was mostly in the SE and near the California coast, with Michigan pretty much being fine in every situation. So that's promising. [face_whistling]

The worst natural disasters that can happen here are zebra mussels and asian carp. :p

I prefer DC as well. Though I fear I may be becoming a comic book geek. I was so far behind on the comic book movies that I crammed watching Captain America, Thor, The Amazing Spider-Man, Dark Knight Rises, and The Avengers all in the span of a couple weeks. Then I just started thinking about how I enjoy most of these comic book movies so much yet have never really read any comics, so I started buying a variety digitally to see what I like, and I do seem to like DC more - Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Justice League, etc. But now I feel the need to keep buying the next issue, and the next issue, and the next issue.

[​IMG]

Haven't read any of the Star Wars comics though. Haven't really been curious to look into them, though maybe I will.

As for films:

Really looking forward to Man Of Steel

Oh, and new Star Trek: Into Darkness trailer :p

Seerow likes this.
  23. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Haven't read comics in years so can't give any informed opinion, but I'm surprised at the DC love.

I was a Marvel guy, though mostly for Spidey, X-Men and Iron Man.

Only DC characters I really liked were Batman and Flash.

But we're talking 20 years since I was a regular :p

I was happy the other day reading the old b & w original TMNT comics on my iPad.

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Its really hard for me to do a movie cram session. When I have time for something like that I'm a procrastinator so I keep pushing stuff like that back. I've got a backlog of like 100 movies I'm supposed to watch at some points, some of them old promises I swear I'll keep. However since I like DC heroes more I'm more likely to see those first. Man of Steel is top of my list and one that will probably actually get me into theaters. Star Trek: Into Darkness will be a tougher sell. I actually have not seen 2009 (?) Star Trek either. =b

Man. I have like no nerd cred.

I've just never been much for comics except for Manga, although my friends actually just like to accuse me of being a redneck who doesn't like to read. I did collect the Kaboom! Disney afternoon reboot comics however. Ahem.

25. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Star Trek (2009) was pretty much Star Trek Star Warsified. (Lightsabers not included) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.