main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    No. I didn't fear for Obi-wan at all when he took Savage and Maul. I did however fear for Savage and Maul and Ventress, the later two are basically OCs in TCW now just like Savage is. Look at what happened in "Revival"? We had injuries and death. Clearly we can get more millage out of OCs, look at what "Duchess of Mandalore" did with Satine being chased around Coruscant by that badass Mando assassin (love this dude btw). With the OT and PT characters who we absolutely know are going to be fine I agree its hard to get any real suspense out of them.

Ahsoka is a special case. Odds are she'll be alive until the end...

Dave pretty much said this himself, gee, thanks Dave!

But what shape she'll be in when she gets there is still an open question. We don't know anything about where she'll be at the end of the journey. We don't know what she'll face along the way. Ahsoka's turning point could come at any time. Its important to remember that's what TCW is really about rather than the end results. Yes, Umbara used the threat of death for one of my beloved clones. But it also got suspense out of me just from the emotional aspects. The friendly fire scene? Man, that tore me up. I did feel a smidgen of that for Ahsoka when Khalifa died in the Padawan arc.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    From what we know about the rest of the season, here is the breakdown of episodes. Granted, the Maul and Clovis arcs could swap in terms of which runs first, but we know they are both 3 episodes because of what we have already been told. That leaves 3 episodes for the finale:
    Season 5
    Ep 12-13: 2nd half of Droids/Gregor Arc (2 eps)
    Ep 14-16: Clovis Arc (3 eps)
    Ep 17-19: Maul/Mandalore Arc (3 eps)
    Ep 20-22: Finale Arc - Temple attack, Clone protest/Ahsoka, Ventress, Anakin (3 eps)

hlc88 and CaptainRegor like this.
  3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I like the four part arcs when there is enough material for them but it'll be great to see some smaller arcs.

4. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I am honestly hoping that the Maul arc runs first. I'm not sure I can take waiting much longer! :eek:

FARK2005 likes this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    They are just doing this to make people get all hyped up [face_laugh]

6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I wonder how many people have already seen the Mauldalore arc. If I worked on TCW, I'd show off episodes before they air, like invite friends for private screenings.

7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Well... visitors to the ranch DO get episodes screened for them. But they are asked to keep all of that on the DL. ;)

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    If I worked on TCW, I'd be posting here all the time. :p

9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I'm a bit disappointed that it seems like the Rotta the Hutt adventure episode they talked about earlier on was just a joke. It could have been a pretty funny episode.

Robimus likes this.
  10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Rotta the Hutt adventure was a joke (lol, your so funny persona). I'll take the droid are over a mess like that any day.

11. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    If it was going to be a real episode, it wouldn't be a great one, but it would most likely make me lol.

12. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    You wouldn't work for them for long then.:p

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  13. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Lol, I think I had a dream last about TCW, and Gregor was in it. Can't wait next year for the rest of the arc so I'll just dream about it instead, lol.

14. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Ha, yeah that would be enough to send them to a shrink.

Nexumaster I know that I made a joke about a Rotta episode where he teamed up with Wac, but i do not work on the show...

15. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    :D They were making fun of Honey Boo Boo. [face_laugh] I can't believe they compared that little girl to a Huttlet. Wow, that takes me back: it was from the temp boards. I almost registered, bcuz quite a few didn't understand the joke.

16. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    He's a lawyer with internet skillz, they'd never catch him.:p

17. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I have to respond to this because something about the idea of Pedunkee Mufkin is being misunderstood. When I wrote that I took the concept of the Honey Boo Boo show and inserted it into TCW universe as a would be homage, not unlike how they homaged the Seven Samarai, Jurassic Park, Godzilla and other ideas over the years.

At no point was any comparison between a real little girl and a Hutt the intent. It was the concept of the TV program that I borrowed, the idea that Jabba would take his son and enroll him in modelling school. Anything about comparing that little girl to a Hutt is something you came up with yourself.

So everyone knows what we are talking about here is the faux story:

Early reports from Celebration 6 bring us knowledge of a synapse of an as yet unnumbered episode of The Clone Wars Season 5. This excerpt is from a member of The Clone Wars creative team who could not give her name but wanted us to be the first to bring you this news.
    [​IMG]
    “The Clone Wars Season 5 is going to see a number of returning characters thrust into the spotlight. A couple of these characters will be seeing an expanded role in an episode titled ‘Here Comes Pedunkee Mufkin’. This episode, currently scheduled to air in the second half of Season 5, will see Jabba The Hutt and his son Rotta returning to the spotlight.
    The episode sees Rotta beginning a career as a child model and he travels with his father to Coruscant to compete in the galaxies most famous modeling school. While studying at the facility Rotta uncovers evidence that the school itself is a front for CIS terrorists, which immediately puts his own life and the survival of the entire Desilijic Clan in question.
    Dodging CIS terrorists, corrupt Republic authorities, and even the Sith - Rotta & Jabba eventually manage to come into contact with Tan Divo deep in the Coruscant Underworld – but will it be too late to save them?
    At LFL we are all very excited with our work on this episode and can’t wait to share it with the fans. We hope you all will have as much fun watching it as we had bringing it to life. We feel ‘Here Comes Pedunkee Mufkin’ promises to be an instant classic!”

18. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    So the joke rumor of a Rotta episode came from a fan? It was so many months ago since it was announced so I must have imagined it came from a more official source.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think I'd die on the inside if that was real episode information.

Seerow likes this.
  20. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I still think you were on to something when you introduced Skippy, Rob. :p

Because if he did go AWOL.. Skippy.. aha.

Robimus likes this.
  21. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    This was on the official Clone Wars Facebook page:
    [​IMG]

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Fittingly the closest thing we'll get to a clone episode all season.

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Drop the snark, Seerow, Gregor's the focus of the next 2 episodes... ;)

Seerow likes this.
  24. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Now the syndication bling's gonna start raining in! Congratulations TCW team! I may have some issues every once in a while with the episodes you put out, but creating 100 episodes of Star Wars television is an incredibly accomplishment.

P.S.: Does this count include the Theatrical Pilot's split up episodes?

25. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Well at least we've now got proper confirmation that the season will continue on the 5th January :D

I'm still going to be optimistic about this droid arc. I'm hoping Gregor will turn it around and make the last half good. And that the last 11 episodes of the season are just pure awesomeness.

Seerow likes this.