main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Do you want Prequel characters to appear?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CaptainRegor, Nov 22, 2012.

1. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'm totally digging this thread!! Being a big fan of the PT, I'd love to see a lot of PT characters. HOWEVER, only where it makes sense and can be done relatively realistically. I think the biggest problem is "age". Assuming the original OT cast comes back and they play their accurate ages (about 50-60ish) that means any character that was ZERO days old in ROTS is already 50-60yo in the ST :( Either way, here is my wish list:

R2D2 & C3PO: Must have or I boycott the film!!
    Qui-Gon force ghost: over time Luke learns to talk to more than just his mentors.
    Anakin force ghost: Luke talks to his dad.
    Rex (& other Clones): Rex defects from the Republic and some rouge Kaminoins reverse his (their) age acceleration. So instead of aging twice as fast they age twice as slow.
    Ahsoka: She leaves the Jedi Order before ROTS and goes into hiding during Order 66. She meets up with Luke and tells him more of his father.
    Jar-Jar: Some really awesome scene where a 95 year old Jar-Jar tells Luke (or some other new heroes) something great, then sadly passes away. I want Michael Arndt to write something so touching for Jar-Jar's death that even the most hard core hater feels something for him, redeeming him in the SW saga.
    Boba Fett: Technically he's a PT character too. Make him tough!!
    Chewy: Again a PT character. He can do anything and I'd be happy.
    Some Nightsisters from TCW: They could even be the new villains.
    And of course Professor Huyang!!: They find him adrift in space and he spills the beans of every Jedi that ever built a lightsaber. This would be easy since he's already an ancient droid..

2. Ferus Olin

Ferus Olin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 2, 2012
    If you mean prequel era only characters I would love to see Darth Maul or General Grievous come back

3. kataja

kataja Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2007
    Second that!

4. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    I hope there will be a strict limit on dead characters showing up as force ghosts or holograms or paintings or flashbacks or whatever. The new movies should look forward, not try to tie into every plot thread or character from the PT or OT.

That said, I could live with a Watto cameo.

Fettcrom likes this.
  5. Sith Iratus

Sith Iratus Jedi Master

Nov 24, 2012
    i think we will have an anakin appearance,i pretty much think thats a given.
    and i think we will see some kind of flashback and a Vader moment,i cant see a qui-gon appearance though.

6. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Or seen walking, arm in arm, laughing, all the way to the bank.

7. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Due for a comeback:

[​IMG]

DarthBoba likes this.
  8. King Terak

King Terak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 22, 2012
    I don't mind Charecters reappering, I just don't want it turning into a "best of...." situation.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe have Anakin reappear, but give him some makeup that makes him appear older. It would just be very strange if he appeared baby-faced.

JoeyArnold likes this.
  10. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

I think this is the best route to Sith in the ST. Well, either holocrons created by Sidious or Plagueis ... discovered by somebody, their curiosity peeked.

11. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

You mean he's like an old bluesman .. ''... since that woman gone left me, I got the Gungan blues ... ''

12. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Anakin or Obi-Wan as Force Ghosts or in a hologram transmission. No one else unless they are in a hologram transmission

13. TheManFromMortis

Nov 19, 2012
    This reminds me of something I read on the Fanfic forum a few years back. It was a short story where Vader had to go to Naboo on Empire business, but managed to find the time to visit Padme's tomb. It was good stuff, well-written, and really added something to the Vader character.

Lady_Skywalker87 likes this.
  14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Is this what you mean ;)

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree, an older Anakin (like in the non SE) as a force ghost would be appropiate from a storytelling angle, however if its Hayden then my(and a lot of others too) reaction would be

16. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    First off, good post Regor.

I think you made a well-thought out case for how they could logically and subtly iclude PT characters.

For sure I believe we'll see the droids and Chewie. I wouldn't mind a Force ghost or two as long as it serves the story well and isn't overdone. Also wouldn't mind holocrons perhaps recounting some events from the PT, featuring Anakin, Mace or Yoda for example.

I'm open to any kind of "cameos" in these regards, but wouldn't like to see too many characters from the PT still living yet extremely aged.

kainee likes this.
  17. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Wouldn't she be too old?

18. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Mas Amedda is the only character of the PT who I would love to see return.
    Please, no other PT characters! Don't even think about it!

PS: No Jar Jar Binks or Ewoks!

19. Plebeian

Plebeian Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Not really, no.

20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    To be fair, R2D2, C3PO, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Yoda are all OT characters that were fleshed out more in the PT, so we really can't include them.

So no, I don't want them in Episode VII. I only want characters who played a major role in the OT + new characters. The only one I could really see being mentioned again in detail is Padme, perhaps an emotional scene with Luke discovering the identity of his mother from a recording from R2D2.

21. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Prequel? (Shudder)

22. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I want Bilbo, Dwalin, Thorin, and Smaug to appear.
    Oh wait....

23. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    I'd like Padme's parents return as cameos. Maybe for Luke or Ben to visit their family's graves. Pay their respects.

24. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    I'd rather any of those, than Jar Jar.:p

25. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    What if Jar Jar played all of those characters?