main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I think this is a possibility however I am fully expecting a Star Wars: New Republic show on Disney XD. I expect that Mara will be dark but only as dark as TV 7/TV PG will allow. I expect the Thrawn Trilogy, Jedi Academy Trilogy, Rogue Series, and thrown in some Young Jedi stories. Think of Jacen Jaina and Lowie (use the Gungi prototype) on a mission. Then perhaps a Vong Season. I figure it will lead directly into Ep 7 by the end but probably won't finish until around EP 8 or 9.

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    That would be really cool.

3. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    My question is IF Marvel gets the contract will the authors and artists who work at Dark Horse who have been working star wars for years go with the property. I really want Ostrander to stay on no matter where SW ends up.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE if Hyperion cleared house with the authors, Kemp, Golden, and Allston, you three can stay... Denning, you can stay in your own sandbox over here. Let's invite some new authors and bring back more of Zahn and Stackpole.
    If they want Mara Jade in EP 7, give us this
    Zahn's Shadow of the Jedi... Mara Jade sends her clone to die at the hands of Jacen and then tails her husband and son as they deal with Sith imposters... Mara kills alot we didn't know about. Reunion directly before EP 7.

4. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Totally agree with this, and I'm hoping the Brian Wood series doesn't get the ax, also.

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I am thinking something broken down more like this...
    Season 1: Major Villians: Isard, and Jerec
    Main Characters: Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie R2, C-3P0, Wedge
    New Characters: Rogue Squadron, Kyle Katarn
    Season Plot Inspired by: Rogue Squadron Series, Dark Forces
    Season Finale Reveal: THRAWN!
    Season 2: Major Villians: Thrawn, C'baoth, and Zsjing (Bits of Dark Empire Plot too)
    Main Characters: Carried over from Season 1plus Kyle and a few Rogues
    New Characters: Mara Jade, Karrde, Noghrii, Solo Kids, Pellaeon
    Season Plot Inspired By: Thrawn Trilogy, Wraith Squadron Series (use Rogues)
    Season Finale Reveal: Luke wanting to make a Jedi Academy
    Season 3: Major Villians: Daala, Spirit of Exar Kun, Desaan, Tavria
    Main Characters: Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2, 3P0, Wedge, Kyle, Mara, Corran
    New Characters: Kyp Durron, Clighal, Dorsk (the goofy), Kiranna Ti
    Season Plot Inspired By: Jedi Academy Trilogy, I Jedi, Jedi Outcast
    Season Finale Reveal: Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin building Lightsabers
    Season 4: Major Villains: Dark Academy, Hutts, ect...
    Main Characters: All Above Plus Solo Kids
    New Characters: Lowie, Zekk, Raynar, Tahiri, Tenel Ka
    Season Plot Inspired By: Hand of Thrawn, YJK
    Season Finale Reveal: Yuuzhan Vong
    Season 5: The Vong War
    Main Characters: ALL OF THEM
    New Characters: Danni Quee, Ganner Rhysode, Saba, Tesar, Alema, Jag Fel
    Season Plot: Big Plots of Vong War, (kill or not Chewie), death of Anakin, Birth of Ben.

Season 6 would move the last pieces into place... Not to mention any new characters to be used in EP 7 could be inserted by season 2.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I haven't read any of those books, so I don't know what most of that means, but it sounds great.

7. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    There is no way they'd use the Vong in an animated series Kyris, not without majorly rethinking the design of them. The Vong are like... something out of a Star Wars horror movie, they're grotesque and bizarre... well and truly alien to the galaxy. I don't see them using them in any animated series... they only really work with live action, and I doubt we'd get a Star Wars live action show for them. They're a niche, sadly.

8. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    I think they should do a show about young Luke after the fall of Vader and how he married Mara Jade.

And in the movie its about Luke training Ben, Jacen & Jaina.

9. Crankcase

Crankcase Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2012
    DarthBoba
    Sorry I broke the rules. You mean I can't post news on the official Ep.7 info boards or I have to change my signature?

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Not if it's from a site that you run. Plus this is the thread about how the Expanded Universe and the Sequels are going to interact, so your post was off-topic in any case. We don't allow offsite advertising here.

11. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    You've just described (with a little edit at the end by me, my apologies) pretty much the exact attitude of the general audience; which is exactly why we have no reasonable expectation of seeing more than a fragment of "any of those books," or any of the elements therein, so much as mentioned in the ST, if they choose to mention the EU at all. Even having Arndt and company bring Pablo Hidalgo in to consult with them is no guarantee of us seing anything EU: their sole question could have been "is there anything there that we can work with?" and they may not necessarily have found anything there that struck them.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    As mush as I'd really like that, I very seriously doubt it will ever come. There's still Detours about to be released and I think that will be the closest thing you'll get to that. And after thinking about it it could get changed to a comedic vies of all that you just said.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Another animated series is a no-brainer, as is Marvel eventually getting the comics. I think the possibility of seeing a series set between ROTJ and Episode 7 is very high.

Star Wars is clearly going through a change at the moment, and the change will likely get bigger as 2015 gets closer. With all the major licensing expiring at about the same time (2014), as well as the fact that the TCW series would have wound down considerably by 2015, I can genuinely see a full-on reboot of the EU on the horizon. Not just for the book world, but for comics and everything else I can’t be bothered to name.

Han Shot First likes this.
  14. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, this one certainly is.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Perhaps a Knights of the Old Republic animated series? Actually it would be interesting if they made a mo-cap KOTOR film.

darthzac14 likes this.
  16. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Really?
    Darth Maul and Savage Opress
    [​IMG]
    Vuuzhan Vong

I think they could do it. The big thing would have to be the culture would be dummed down. Not changing them into peace lovers like the Mandos, but they could make them a war loving race bent on destroying the galaxy without the torture and self mutilation.

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I thought The Embrace of Pain was, like that electric device in Empire Strikes Back, a way of making torture less gory and easier to include without upsetting the fans.

18. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    The Embrace is honestly the least violent thing about the YV.

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Agreed, self mutilation was the worst I think. You can't show the villain hurting itself to kids.

20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup. What moments from the NJO books, and comics, would be the most "deal-breaking" for the idea of a movie or series, and need to be toned down or glossed over?

21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Embrace of Pain could be used in the tv show.

22. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Leia nearly losing the use of her legs was the cutoff for me.

I'd fear for Traitor in any TV adaptation with a "Star Wars" title. For one thing, it's way too good a book; for another, it's extremely violent.

23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    The Chewie death would or wouldn't be shown depending on his use in the ST.
    I think the creation of the New Jedi Council would be one of the most important parts.
    Ganner dying would be important however. I think Star by Star will be amazing. However I could see them mixing it. They may ignore Anakin entirely, make Tahiri and Tenel Ka, Jacen's competing romances. Have Ganner dying on the Star by Star mission, ignoring Lomi Plo and Welk entirely. That way the Jacen being captured would be ignored

24. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    This is what I was wondering. What will Disney's approach to canon be like. If they wipe it out and start over then they have total freedom to tell whatever stories they want across all media platforms. And, they can make sure it doesn't conflict with the ST. If they embrace the current EU then we could get some of the things Kyris Cavisek was suggesting, as a way to get people up to speed.

25. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    My only fear is that telling 30-50 years worth of stories in 2 years is a stretch. Granted they could go back and fill it in as they pleased later. I could see them taking a EU as inspiration not as doctrine approach, picking the gems and including them in the ST, the rest will be ignored. If they want to include someone who was killed off, the EU will retcon them back into existence. I don't see them killing anyone off in preparation for the films. If they include a new Jedi or something along that lines, the EU authors will retcon him back into recent previous books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.