main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    If you are saved by Lucas himself then you will return.

2. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Seerow! You didn't like Trench? Is it specific, like just the clicking, or is it a general "I don't find him aesthetically pleasing"?

Dan. Srsly. Someone get her a muzzle. I'm still not sure that Catherine Taber is Padme. Or maybe the problem is that men continue to write for a prominent female character.

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    People do not like Spiders.... I love em.

Ok, you are right. The writing on almost every female character has been poor at best. The only ones that escaped the fate were Senator Chuchi and Ventress. I know many still are not keen on the Ventress "new" story but for what they have done, the show's writer for Ventress since S3 - Katie Lucas - has done wonders with what she was instructed to do by her dad.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Would you agree or disagree that we have two kinds of female characters: girly-girls and tough girls? Ventress is not a girly-girl. She drives tanks. Even if a person dislikes Katie's contribution, one must admit, she connects with the female characters better than a male writer, even Ventress. What do you think about Padme and Satine? I can't recall any female writers for the Padme-heavy episodes. I'll look into it. Padme in particular feels like a stereotype, or she's present simply to counter Anakin. Maybe the coming Clovis arc will help me to sympathize with Padme, bcuz I'd like to. Aside from being pretty, I still can't figure out what Anakin sees in her.

5. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    She was portrayed by Natalie Portman. That's reason enough ;)

6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I can totally agree with your statement.
    What Ventress has done is not girly-girl at all. She is the type of female character that manages to hold her own in the SW universe, unlike others. Maybe we will see more of that towards the finale.

Maybe Katie connects better with Ventress cause Katie has a lot of in common with her.

Padme is just Padme... with what was done with her character in S4, especially Shadow Warrior, I think she is the type of female character that is promoted to us as the female hero girls should look up to when growing up as a role model or something like that but.... BUT... in reality Padme is the female character that has done more wrongs that rights in her portrayals. Sure, Chuchi might be a tough girl and Ahsoka might be more towards the girly-girl but Padme is more of the "I will allow for more genocide and massacres in this war cause I am a lost cause for love" kind of girl.

Another problem with Padme episodes is that Lucas who is usually the one who pitches ideas to the team. HA... what am I talking about. He is like "Episode Hitler" with his staff from what I can imagine. And as such he can write or portray women in his creations - ALL OF THEM.

I sure hope the Clovis arc is written by a good female writer - there are a lot of those. Maybe finally we will get the good version of Padme.

Now, Satine, she is like "the delusional perfection that lives in an imaginary world" kind of female character. Padme can be like her in many ways but Satine is so lost in her beliefs that she can change her world that that will ultimately lead her downfall.

7. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Melinda Hsu I believe wrote "Senate Spy".

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    That is why maybe that is my favorite version of Padme so far. I hope she writes the Clovis arc.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    CLOVIS ARC, CLOVIS ARC, CLOVIS ARC, this arc hasn't even aired yet and it's like my favourite :p

10. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    Female Writers:
    1. Dooku Captured-Julie Siege
    2. The Gungan General-Julie Siege
    3. Jedi Crash-Katie Lucas
    4. Children of the Force-Wendy Meracle/Henry Gilroy
    5. Senate Spy-Melinda Hsu
    6. The Mandalore Plot-Melinda Hsu
    7. Sphere of Influence-Katie Lucas/Steven Melching
    8. The Academy-Katie Lucas/Steven Melching
    9. Assassin-Katie Lucas
    10. Nightsisters-Katie Lucas
    11. Monster-Katie Lucas
    12. Witches of the Mist-Katie Lucas
    13. Massacre-Katie Lucas
    14. Bounty-Katie Lucas
    15. Brothers-Katie Lucas
    16. Revenge-Katie Lucas
    Assassin, Heroes on Both Sides, Senate Spy, and Bombad Jedi are my favorite portrayals of Padmé in the show

11. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Ah! Thank you. AK, what do you think about Padme's portrayal in that episode? I think I had an easier time accepting Padme there.

When it comes to Lucas' vision of Padme, its like he has this idea that women just want to argue. Not all women are like the wife on Everybody Loves Raymond. A 60+ year old man doesn't know how a young woman thinks.

Poor, poor Satine. She might be foolish, but I respect that she is dedicated to being a good person.

12. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    My main detractor from "Cat and Mouse" is Trench. He isn't one of my favorite villains between that annoying click and the silly logo thing. I keep waiting for him to hit himself in the fate with the scepter thing he carries around.

My favorite Padme ep is definitely HOBS.

Bonnie Mark wrote the Padawan arc and did a great job with Ahsoka in that one.

13. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    cwustudent: I liked Padmé's portrayal in that episode. She was strong, acknowledged her emotions but didn't let them override her task at hand, and when she was being told by Anakin not to spy on Clovis, she didn't take that at face value and made her own decision based on what she felt was right, and this ended up crippling the key CIS foundries on Geonosis, saving countless lives (at least short-term).

14. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Katie Lucas Katie Lucas Katie Lucas Katie Lucas Katie Lucas Katie Lucas...
    Brother Brother Brother Brother Brother Brother Brother Brother Brother... :p
    KL did a good job with the Ahsoka/Padme scenes. I think they were touching. Now I want Barriss back! I want to see Ahsoka and Barriss talk about boys!

Is the writer for the Clovis arc known yet?

15. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    cwustudent: The Clovis arc writer is a mystery at this point - nothing has been confirmed as far as I know.

16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012

So since S2, TCW has had mainly Katie Lucas as a female writer.

IMO The clicking is not annoying and the logo is not silly.
    Everybody in the SW universe has logos or has an annoying trait that others do not like.
    Examples: Like Rex's creepy smiles when he is talking about really dark things or those bunny ears he puts on everything. Anakin losing his temper about everything. Dooku killing everything around him, even those who serve him well. Padme being a hypocrite in Shadow Warrior. C-3PO talking too much. Yoda saying the obvious. B1s being retards... and many more examples.

Trench is the complete package. Compared to really lame villains like Darth Maul, he has been done great. He was given a great backstory, design is the most unique on the show, Dee Baker did an amazing job with the voice, his music themes were like that of Khan from Star Trek II and the logo thing was a nice touch that, let's face, not many characters on the show have. Even Dooku does not have his logo or symbol on the show.

Not knowing who is writing it is killing me but sometimes knowing who wrote it could leave you with wrong expectations and if you do not know, you could be surprsed when you find out.
    Like when I loved The Gathering and then I learned it was the person who wrote Mortis.

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Darth Maul >>>>> Trench

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    No, TRENCH > Maul

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    nope, Maul had more development and is more interesting :)

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  20. DavidIX

DavidIX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    Well on that pace I hope she does a lot more in season 5. She does solid work.

Bliss000 and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Pfffft, Where is my Cut Lawquane meme? Rex's jaig eyes are badass and its not like he is handing out god damn business cards everywhere with them and leaving them behind at the scene of every battle. Even if he was, that's a Mando symbol right? Not his logo. Maul is a much better and more competent villain in TCW than Trench is IMO. Maul has a real motive fleshed out and is now entangled in a few of TCW's important story arcs. He's closer to the total package of a real villain vs hero struggle. I'll give you it was cool Trench had a bad story and it was cool he helped give both Anakin and Yularent some development. But I struggle to think of another TCW character that has an annoying quirk that comes across with a sound like nails on a chalk board (unless you whanna talk about the Geonosian Queens) voice.

Padme does alot of things that don't seem quite in character to me in TCW and I really only know just enough to be dangerous so its hard to put my finger on. The B1s have had there moments where they have been genuinely threatening. Anakin is welcome to lose his temper with me when its relevant to the plot.

QuangoFett likes this.
  22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul in TCW is a one trick pony. :D

So Go Trench!

The bunny ears being a Mando symbol do not mean they are badass.

Trench does not leave calling cards. He is just remembered by those he has scarred for life and humiliated. Rex has not that yet. That is much cooler.

Aside from Obi-Wan, nobody cares that Maul is back.

No, Trench is better IMO. Maul in the TCW is one of the worst and cliche villains ever. Fleshed out?! The guy does one thing and one thing only - want revenge for his legs. But you know we will always disagree on Maul.

Ok, try Anakin's voice or Ahsoka's voice or Jar Jar's voice - that is about a hundred nails on a hundred boards. :p

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Maul is more popular and has been in more than episodes than Trench :p

24. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    But...but...but... if someone cut off your legs and you had just started on the journey that would lead to the destruction of the Jedi and you were evil, wouldn't you want revenge on the man who did that to you, ruining your future in the process? :p :p :p

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well DUH...

The only reason he is back so Lucas can rake some cash. If Trench was not killed off by idiot writers then he would be even popular...

But being popular does not make you a good character. :p

Not the clumsy way Maul is doing it;.