main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan
    I never said the jaig eyes were badass because they are a Mando symbol. I'm no Mando fangirl. IMO, it looks cool. Jaig hawk is it? Hawks are more badass than spiders are. But really a symbol is only as awesome at the person who wears it and this is where we'll disagree because I think Rex is super awesome and you not so much. Rex never bothered to leave any kind of card because he doesn't need to. He's a soldier, he just does his job. Trench is obviously an egomaniac minion. Now that's cliche.

Maul is once again a critical player in Obi-wan's character arc and pivotal one in the upcoming arc where he teams up with Deathwatch. He had a very complete back story, the motive of wanting both to get revenge on Obi-wan as well as seeking his own army to apparently concur Sids. Does Trench really have any of that other than being just a C.I.S. dog?

hlc88 likes this.
  2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd love to know how you would go about doing it :p

3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    No, Spiders are much cooler.

Trench is
    BUT he leaves a mark on people if he wants or not. Rex does not cause just does not leave a mark on people.

^^^^ this is for your guy Maul - the true cliche.

Trench was given little time to be developed. For the time he was on screen, he was more memorable. He proved that for one episode, he had everything planned out well.

Maul rushed into a dozen things and got humiliated by pirates cause he was a headstrong knucklehead who did not things to the end.

First off, I will not go around and claim I am back like a moron and then whine like a little girl that I am being chased for my idiocy.

4. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I keep on forgetting that Trench even exists until I see a discussion of him. :p

AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  5. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    What was he supposed to do? Just sit there? :p He had to get their attention somehow... and he probably wasn't anticipating Obi-Wan escaping him :p

6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    -fist bump!-

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan,

Hawks eat spiders.

Maul isn't a minion. He is like going to be a god damn arch nemesis for Obi-wan. Trench was just barely an arch villain for Yularen. He is in one episode. Quango said it best for how 'memerable' Trench is. When I think back to "Cat and Mouse" I remember 'the episode with the invisible ship'.

Maul may have been defeated by pirates with alot of help from Obi-wan but he'll be back and stronger than ever.

7. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    Of the characters introduced in Cat and Mouse, I found the sinister-looking clone pilot, the helmeted Alderaanian soldiers and the ship crewman "Spark" to be far more memorable than that trying-too-hard arachnid.

Seerow likes this.
  8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Ummmm yeah! Patience... He fails cause he has none.

Spiders eat everything that moves and Rexy is not a hawk. lol

Yes, Maul is a minion - Sidious used up minion.

What Maul has shown is that he will come to fail more than ever. lol

Not remembering Trench could be due to bad memory and not that Trench is not memorable. TRENCH IS AWESOME! [face_dancing]

That pilot was lame... nothing cool about him. Sad he did not die.

9. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Trench and all the other Separatists were the biggest puppets Sidious played with.

10. QuangoFett

Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

It matters not if he's lame and thus cannot walk. In his pilot's seat, he kicks spider ass. :p

Though this is getting a bit divergent from the topic of Season 5.

Seerow and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm pretty sure Rex could step on your spider.

Maul is a former minion. Now he's out on his own killing Jedi and terrorizing the Galaxy.

Touche. I'm probably senile. But I'm pretty sure I don't remember Trench cuz he was lame to me. I do remember Spark however. The black clone with the yellow... oh wait for it... jaig eyes. That guy was awesome.

Yeah... lets talk about season 5. we can use Maul as a segue.

12. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    if i were Maul i would instead of torturing Obi-wan i would kill him on the spot then leave as fast as i could so no one could track me:p

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    And they knew it. The Jedi did not and that was sadder.

Again, it is preference, dear Seerow. You are a clone person and you know clones. You surely know all the clones on Umbara. I am a CIS fan and for me Trench was special and I do not remember a single clone from Umbara, for me they were too lame to remember. It is alll due to taste in things.

I think that mono a mono - Trench would eat Rex. :D

You are so right. That is the right way!

He did nothing. Anakin drove. Another useless clone cameo,...

TO EACH HIS OWN!

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Calm down Dan. I have broader tastes. The debate that I'm a clone fangirl and thus don't like anything else is a falsehood and I don't appreciate that. Yes, I love Umbara but I'm broader than that. Yeah I know the names of all these clones. Not all of them have done great things. Hello Commander Fox, ya loser. I have liked C.I.S. characters. I liked Mar Tuuk. Now that guy was unique and cool. Didn't have any annoying click and he really about one upped the Republic. I really liked Mina Bonteri before Onderon happens and her son was a favorite character of mine being a lovable idiot. I liked Miraj who I though was a pretty deep and refreshing character in TCW. I liked Sobeck. That guy was nuts. I even liked Morallo Eval. I don't automatically dislike all Separatists. I'm sure I could warm up to a good one. I'll agree to disagree on Trench and Maul. We should get back on topic now.

15. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    I am fine... ;)

I love this post. I like that, I would love agree to disagree on those two with you.

What I wanted to say that since you love more clones, you would be less biased towards Separatists like I am. It is not a bad thing. ;)

Sorry for being like this but I like to defend my fave Separatists.
    Nice discussion.

Ok... back on topic.

Since you mentioned Separatists as a whole, I wonder what would be the CIS-Muun-Clovis connection after new year! And what is going to be the plot discussed over Carida.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Clovis Arc should air first then the Maul Arc :)

17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    It should. I doubt they will make the Clovis a following arc of the Maul arc.

Darth Vader likes this.
  18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Yep

19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    It's clear the writers understand one of the biggest failures of Episode I was killing off Darth Maul. I actually honestly think Maul is the BEST recurring villain in TCW, right next to the Emperor himself. The way the dialogue is handled behind him and Obi-Wan: THAT should have been the way of the prequels, with Maul as the main villain in Obi-Wan's story. Half as machine as man, fueled by hatred, murdered Obi-wan's master. Where as Obi-Wan split him in half, and forced him to live like an animal for 10 years. He's the Khan of the SW universe. But Maul doesn't stop at vengeance, or he'd be done at killing Obi-Wan, he wants to make a name for himself in the galaxy. Honestly, for how controversial it was to bring them back, they've done a great job with Maul, the few parts of TCW I give an "outstanding" too, far better than even Krell, Trench, Grievous, even Dooku.

hlc88 and Seerow like this.
  20. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I think Maul is the best thing that's happened to the series. It makes it more exciting I think.

cwustudent and Seerow like this.
  21. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    But the series is not supposed to be about a rogue element like Maul that takes away the focus of the show.

That is Lucas. The series has become just a way for Lucas to do what he wanted but could not do during the movies or did and felt sorry that he did.

22. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    The Clone Wars isn't just supposed to be about 'The Clone War' its also about the characters within the war. It's irritating how people complain that the show is off focus. The series was never intended to be about just the war centric storylines.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I agree with you completely. Sure the Maul stuff got off to a rough start with "Brothers" but I feel they've done a great job and Maul has been one of the better things to come along. I kept my optimism when I first heard about it and I still hold to it although its still kinda surreal he is going to be thrown in with Deathwatch, Satine, and them. At first I was throwing out my 'OMG ONOZ' gif out on that one alot. But Maul has become a major honorary OC villain with complex personality and complex motives being fleshed out. Sure the Jedi Council seems to see Maul as just a criminal but that's part of Maul's motive right? He's already killed alot of people. He has a very personal fight with Obi-wan. He's out for vengeance as like a B plot. What he's after with Savage and the army he wants to build is to be the Sith that dominates in the seat Sidious's butt is in right now. TCW has done a great job with this and it great to have a villain who seems like a genuine threat running around.

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    From what I've seen, the story of the series is the continued adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker and their experiences during the Clone Wars. Maul's existence represents a huge emotional struggle for Obi-Wan.

hlc88, K'Kruhk, LordMortis315 and 5 others like this.
  25. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    i completely with this statement