main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT If Vader and Palpatine's first target is Leia?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Slowpokeking, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Would they succeed to turn her to the Dark Side if they knew she was Vader's daughter? Her mind was weaker than Luke and she was a bit headstrong.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In Infinities- A New Hope, they do target her, capture her, and turn her- though Luke manages to turn her back.

That said, in the EU her mind is often portrayed as stronger than Luke's, not weaker.

3. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Having been raised by Bail Organa, it would probably be much more difficult to turn her. If they had found Luke before Obi-wan started training him, Luke would be emperor by now.

4. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think her mind was stronger than Luke's, she managed to withstand Vader's torture and lie to him without him knowing.

That being said, she's definitely more likely to turn than Luke, she's far more passionate and aggressive.

5. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
    No, she's far too idealistic to go evil. Luke would have been drawn to learning about his parents, which would have made him more susceptible. As far as Leia was concerned, Bail and Breha were her parents. And she was groomed her entire life to uphold justice and democratic ideals. Luke was just a moisture farmer who wanted to be somewhere else. When you look at their upbringing, Leia was influenced much more by light side ideas and her adoptive father was a friend of the Jedi. She was in a much better position to resist the dark side than Luke was.

6. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Idealists do go to the Dark Side, such as Dooku, Krayt and Traya.

7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    She's pretty cynical in Splinter of the Mind's Eye, but otherwise has tended to be consistent in focusing on the ideals of the Rebellion.

8. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
    Weak-minded, selfish idealists.

9. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    All of them are very strong-minded, actually too strong so it lead them to the Dark Side.

10. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
    And selfish. Don't forget selfish. Leia...not selfish.

11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    The guy who later becomes Krayt, didn't seem all that likely to turn in the Republic comics. Which might have been why it was a surprise, in the Legacy comics when he was revealed.

12. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    None of them are selfish, they wanted to create a new order to maintain the peace for the galaxy.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Self-centred maybe. Unwilling to admit that they can't solve the galaxy's problems on their own.

Revenge of the Sith novel Dooku is implied to have been borderline sociopathic for so long he can't remember being otherwise- seeing other people as not only uninteresting, but not entirely real.

14. DarthRelaxus

Apr 23, 2007
    Creating a new order = totalitarianism

Destroying totalitarianism = democracy

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Leia has an immense amount of anger, pain, fear and hatred in her, far more than Luke ever had.

Leia had no compassion for Vader either, it was all hate. She'd strike him down in an instant, and we no where that would go.

16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    And Leia is also quite headstrong and arrogant.

17. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I think that Leia would have been susceptible to the Dark Side after Alderaan was destroyed. She definitely would have enough anger and hatred for the Empire that would allow Palpatine to manipulate her. I think there's a point to many idealists becoming Sith. They want their ideas and opinions to become reality and fact and the Dark Side can make one think that's going to happen. I think Leia's lack of knowledge of the Force and sense of responsibility would lead to her embracing the Dark Side to put an end to the war. She has more at stake than Luke does anyway. She's not motivated by family or the promise of being a Jedi.

18. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    Leia could turn if she was tricked into thinking it was the only way of making a safer Galaxy. In other words, the alliance is about to crumble and her turning is the only way of getting any type of victory.

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably, Leia is just like Anakin

20. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    From what I know of Leia she reminds me of Padme. She was brave and strong. She is also like Padme in the sense that when Padme fell for Anakin completely she still cared a lot for the people of the galaxy but she was protective of him. Leia was brave but when she fell for Han she appeared more afraid of "Lord Vader." In a New Hope she just tells him how it is without fear. I do not think they could turn Leia because even with the threat of losing all of her people which she did. She still did not give up the real home base of the Rebel Alliance. She withstood Vaders mind probes so I find it highly unlikely she would have been turned.

DarthRelaxus likes this.
  21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Padme was used by Palpatine all along, even her election as queen was Palpatine's scheme.

kainee likes this.
  22. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Padme was perhaps "used" by Palps but he did find her bravery surprising. Leia appears to be too strong mentally and emotionally to be manipulated by either Palps or "Lord Vader". Palpatine spent a lot of time trying to kill Padme for it never to work. She outsmarted him with decoys. Padmes daughter would not go down easy even if they did try to turn her. From what I have seen from the Skywalker children they would sacrifice themselves before turning to the darkside.

23. Trask Ulgo

Trask Ulgo Jedi Padawan star 3

Dec 8, 2012
    I agree, but if sh had some Jedi training it would make the Emperor's job even more difficult.

24. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I don't think that you quite understand how the Dark Side works. It's subtle, it decays and it lies. People don't fall to the Dark Side just to be evil. Some do it for power, some do it for the "greater good" and some for knowledge. Anakin did it for all three. Leia may be strong-willed and extremely intelligent and she could resist the Dark Side. However, you never know how far someone is willing to go to save lives and star systems. I can see Leia treading the Dark Side and then falling into it headfirst if she isn't aware of its dangers. Do I think it would happen? No but it's likely. She is a Skywalker after all.

25. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Palpatine never tried to kill Padme, his plan was to kidnap her and force her sign the treaty.
    Leia is too headstrong and arrogant. Strong will does not prevent people from downfall to the Dark Side, sometimes it helps the Dark Side.