main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub ~~EUC Jedi~~ The Guardians of Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by CPL_Macja, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Like a ZOMBIE?

EDIT: Hey Ewoks86. You reading Heir, yet?

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  2. MandoHoHoHo

MandoHoHoHo Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2012
    Yup. I moan and growl until my wife makes me roll over and knock it off. Apparently it has something to do with me being in the Army, because it wasn't a thing before then. And it's not like psychological trauma or anything. I was an Air Traffic Control Equipment Repair Technician (read: computer nerd) for the Army, never saw any combat, never even left the continental US. *shrugs*

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I sleep restlessly, husband talks....son talks too....Should be sleeping now, it's after 1am

4. MandoHoHoHo

Dec 19, 2012
    Goodness gracious, Adalia! Go to bed already! Santa won't come as long as you're awake!

5. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Wish I was like Plagueis and could just not sleep for decades at a time...

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

I got really bad news for you mate.....it's Christmas Eve here and he ain't coming to me.....been a bad girl. ;)

Well, I should get some sleep, busy tomorrow cleaning and cooking. See you lot later!

7. MandoHoHoHo

Dec 19, 2012
    *Takei voice* Oh, my....

8. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Night Addie

9. Ewoks86

Ewoks86 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 7, 2012
    Not yet. Got laundry going, straightening up the kitchen, drinking coffee and watching Harry Potter with the kiddo. She wanted to watch it ;)

Good night Addie!

10. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Uh huh...sure. I'm sure she would love it if you read to her!

11. Ewoks86

Nov 7, 2012
    But she wanted to watch Harry Potter... Am I supposed to deprive her of this?

12. MandoHoHoHo

Dec 19, 2012
    Agreed. Harry Potter should never be denied those who wish to view it.

13. Ewoks86

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm very glad that you understand. Would it make you feel any better to know she is currently using a wrapping paper tube as a lightsaber?

14. MandoBones

MandoBones Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 2, 2012
    That actually makes this day a lot better. It was already pretty good, but to know that kids still use wrapping paper tubes as lightsabers makes my nerd heart happy.

15. Ewoks86

Nov 7, 2012
    Lol the best part is that she is only 15 months and already beating her mom with wrapping paper! It was so funny, she looked so serious!

MandoJoe and Adalia-Durron like this.
  16. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Ahh...I remember wrapping paper tube 'Sabers. Fun times :D

Also...I sleep rather normally. Don't cling to things and don't snore (unless I have a bad stuffy nose)

17. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I remember going so far as to take markers and color a black hilt and then a whatever color blade on the tube.

18. Ewoks86

Nov 7, 2012
    I remember not caring what they looked like, as long as I could beat my brothers with them ;)

19. Candy_Cane_Lips

Candy_Cane_Lips Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2008
    Alas, I was never allowed to beat anybody. :(

20. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    Poor CandySwanny. It's ever so fun. Wrapping paper tubes make a nice "Boomp!" when they contact a noggin.

So yeah. I was originally planning on applying to the Order, but my Mando brain said "No! I like my bucket too much!", so this is relatively wasted effort, but it was super fun times to write anyway.
    The Jedi Code: An Analysis Through Mandalorian Eyes
    By
    MandoJoe
    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is no serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

These words, along with the innumerable lessons that a Jedi learns through their life, are the very core expression of what it is to be a Jedi. A question often posed during the study of the Jedi Code, and in life in general, is “How does this apply to my life, to my time?”. The answer, while simple for some, is often complicated.

For me, I don’t view the Jedi Code like most do. It wasn’t trained into me from a young age, and even now, as I am not an experienced Jedi yet, and so my perspective on things is skewed by my previous life experience. I don’t see the world through the average Jedi’s eyes, but through the eyes of a soldier.

I see the world through the T-Visor of a Mandalorian.

The part of my brain that analyzes situations, and sees the ins and outs, the dangers, the weak points, the suspicious characters, the quick exit routes, is what colors my perception of everything in my life, not only the physical reality. I see words, concepts, and ideas the same way. It’s part of who I am, and I can’t turn it off. I’ve been a soldier for as long as I can remember, both in the military and afterwards, and it will always be a part of who I am, even until the day I die.

So with all that said, this is how I view the Jedi Code...

1. There is no emotion, there is peace.

This is probably the line that I have the most trouble with, simply because of the fact that there is emotion. We sentient beings are emotional beings. Without emotion, we would have no compassion, no empathy, and no way to connect to others in any meaningful way. What I believe this line means is that while there is emotion, we are not ruled by it. Self-discipline, which is something that any soldier can embrace, is the order of the day. The calm that is brought by hard training allows us to react properly in any given situation. There is no need for panic or emotionally driven responses.

2. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

This is an easy one for me. Ignorance gets you into situations you’re unprepared for. The Six P’s. Proper Planning Prevents....uh, Potentially Poor Performance. We never stop learning. Every day, even if you do the exact same thing you did yesterday, you learn something, even if it’s something as trivial as “Hm. Today was the same as yesterday.”. The search for knowledge should never end. Some say that this bit or that bit of knowledge should be forbidden, but there is no such thing. If it can be known, someone knows it. It’s all about how the knowledge is applied.

3. There is no passion, there is serenity.

This sort of ties back into the first rule. It’s all about self control. Passion is a very fine thing, as long as you don’t let it rule you. Every Jedi I’ve ever met has been passionate about something. Helping people, training, learning, a specific activity. Everyone has something that drives them. You have to know when to put it away and deal with what needs to be dealt with in the moment. In the moment, in that space between breaths, there is peace, serenity, calm. That moment between breaths, after you exhale, before you breathe back in, when your pulse is pounding in your ears, and you can feel the spring of your trigger mechanism stretching as you squeeze it, just before the round explodes....that time can be an eternity, and in that time, you can put aside your worries, your troubles, and you can focus.

4. There is no death, there is the Force.

For Mandalorians, there is no great heaven or terrible hell after death. We believe that there is only the here, and the now, and you have to make the best of what you’ve got. Worrying about how you go, and when you go, is unimportant. We tend to lead dangerous lives, so worrying about what if is just a distraction. One that might get you killed. What you do now, while you live, is important. You do right by your family, your friends, your allies. You keep them safe, and as comfortable as possible. The Force is. There’s no doubt about that. I’ve seen it in use, and felt its influence. After death...that’s a thing I’ll worry about when it comes. Until then, I’ll worry about taking care of me and mine, and making sure that I do right by them. The Force will sort out the rest for me.

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wow, the truth is you just kinda did your initiate mission....a Mando Jedi....very interesting indeed!

You've trained her well Ewoks and Chewie, making your Master proud there Chewie! My kids graduated straight to plastic light sabers (mine) and then to MRs, spoilt I suspect.

MandoJoe and Ewoks86 like this.
  22. MandoBones

Dec 2, 2012
    Spoiled in the best possible way, you mean.

23. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    cool a Mando Jedi,, should be interesting indeed :)

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The_Zeltron is a Mando Jedi, as was Risca. Plus we have the whole of the Journeyman Knights in the RP who are Mandalorian force users. So it has been done before, and sucessfully. I will watch your career MandoJoe with great interest.

[​IMG]

Candy_Cane_Lips likes this.
  25. Candy_Cane_Lips

Candy_Cane_Lips Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2008
    I like it just as much this time as I did last time. Which, as you know, is quite a bit. Very well done, MandoJoe. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.