main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Lit Forum Old Timers - Who Came Back After D-Day?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth_Kevin, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Been here a while, although I don't post very often. I actually lurked for a good while before I "gave in" and registered. The prequel speculations and discussions were pretty fun...not sure if that was in spite of or because of some of the ridiculousness at time :p

I was also an undergrad and then a grad student back in the day, so I only had time to read an occasional paperback here and there. The discussions about the books sort of fed that monkey for me.

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Just because the truth of Sidious's possession of his lost brother Palpatine still hasn't been revealed doesn't make it ridiculous!

DarthStymi likes this.
  3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    So you're a regular, in other words.

Zorrixor likes this.
  4. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I never really left. I'm just not really an active poster. Its been, like, 13 years and I only have a handfull of posts.

That said, I've been kickin' it longer than pretty much everybody except Coop.

Funny fact: registering for this site is literally the first thing I did when my family got our first internet connection. I also remember, very fondly, Coop's NJO page. I loved that site, man.

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I'm terribly sorry. :p

I think it says a lot about that era of the internet that I had as many readers as I did, considering I just amassed news from other people. Nowadays there'd be a hundred UNJOHs and no one would care.

jedimaster203 likes this.
  6. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I miss that era of the internet. :(

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn likes this.
  7. jedimaster203

jedimaster203 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    It was truly a brave new world.

I'm also reminded about how fickled the community is. Back when Vector Prime was released, we all blamed Lando for Chewie's death. WE HATED LANDO! Now we love Lando.

These days, I normally just get on here when I'm bored at work. For some reason they block everything cool.

8. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I remember when NJO was the worst thing that ever happened. Jacen was clearly a good guy, and the Potentium Truth was the right way. Troy Denning was being compared to Zahn and the great new hope for the EU... Very little time, and things have changed.

9. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Yeah. I think I kind of preferred the earlier days of the internet when you actually had to surf to find stuff. Everyone had a page and there was none of this Wookieepedia business!

10. bwfking

bwfking Jedi Knight

Mar 13, 2005
    Mostly a lurker on this version of my account. And counting the older one with a forgotten password...maybe 2000? Still lurking. Mostly come here for news. Now I come to cope with the potential that my books are worthless :(

Jedi_Glover likes this.
  11. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    Perhaps we should just rename the Lit forum as the "Expanded Universe Depression Support Group" in 2015 ;)

son_of_skywalker03 and bwfking like this.
  12. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    The whole Disney-business is definitely what finally forced me to make my return. It has also helped to up my enthusiasm for Star Wars. With everything we have coming down the pipeline; be it books, comics, games, and now a new trilogy of movies; Star Wars is definitely gonna be ramping up quite a bit over the next several years. And I hardly find that to be a bad thing.

13. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    ...from a certain point of view...

14. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Well, I did specify it as my point of view. ;)

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Am an old timer too. Pretty much left in the middle of the NJO, but like others have come back now that E7 new came out