main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Sith in Disney Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by CoolyFett, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The acolytes in Dark Empire are a prime example of these- less assassin, more sorcerer. I could see them being around during the OT era as well.

2. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Maybe a non-Force-sensitive Sith cult, with aspirations to demigod-ness? Guys like Tarkin don't seem all that different from Dooku or Palpatine in how they view the galaxy.

3. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    Count Yubnub, you're wrong. If George Lucas knows Star Wars, he will agree with me. Look at EU! There is lots of Sith and Jedi in those books/comics! Anakin balanced it out like on a scale! The Jedi were really fat and the Sith skinny. Anakin balanced the scale so no one was overpowered or weak. Think about that!

Darth kRud and Count Yubnub like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I am going to apologize first before I write anything else. This is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this forum. And that is saying something.

5. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Ummm George created Star Wars. Not even the EU clearly states what you are implying.

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Was the Force out of balance-

When Xendor and the Legions of Lettow went on a rampage?
    When Naga Sadow waged the Great Hyperspace War?
    When Revan & Malek had hordes of Sith at their command during the Jedi Civil War?
    When Traya, Sion, and Nihilus nearly wiped out the Jedi?
    When the Sith Empire claimed half the galaxy?
    When Darth Malgus sacked theJediTempleon Coruscant?
    When Master Phanius declared himself Darth Ruin and started a thousand-year war?
    When Darth Bane instituted the Rule of Two?
    At any point in the approximately 950 years between when Bane fell to Zannah, and Plagueis and Sidious mucking things up?

If the answer to any of these questions is “No,” then why would the mere existence of any Sith in the ST denigrate The Prophecy™?

If the answer to any of these questions is “Yes,” then why can’t the ST involve a new Chosen One, whose destiny is to put the Force back into balance?

DarthApprentice and Arawn_Fenn like this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I think it would be interesting if the prophecy actually meant that in order to bring balance to the force, the Sith and the Jedi have to make peace with one another. It sounds far-fetched I know, but it's just an idea. I don't really know how it could work.

8. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Ridiculous? REDICULOUS? I'LL SHOW YOU REDICULOUS BUDDY! I am basically saying the truth and answering the main question of this whole discussion! Let me make it simple. ANAKIN BALANCED IT OUT, THEY STARTED OVER WITH JEDI AND SITH, YADA, YADA, YADA.

9. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    If Luke is gonna train new Jedi, will one of the Padawans secretly master the power of the dark side from secrets left from Sidious for those who hunger the power?

10. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    The choices for villain I can think of are;

1. A previously unknown sith/dark side group or individual
    2. A fallen Jedi - probably one of Luke's pupils. (I think this is the most likely, though it probably will involve a secondary group like 3,4 or 6)
    3. Left over Imperials (pretty lame and lazy writing IMO)
    4. Internal people looking to take power (Rehash of the PT, hope they don't do it)
    5. Or something like the Vong (really hoping not, but it could happen)
    6. Mandalorians or some other system bent on war.

There's probably a bunch more, but I imagine some kind of dark side user will be involved. I cannot see them making a trilogy without lightsaber duels.

11. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Your answer to the question is also the only answer that George has always said no to. No evidence points to that answer. You imply you know more about Star Wars than George Lucas the guy who created the whole thing. I believe that is why he was calling the post ridiculous. As a side note, chill out dude.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes, exactly.

13. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    o_O

14. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    I admit, i was a little angry. You believe what you believe in, i'll believe in what i believe in. But they should start showing some Dark Jedi too. I really want them to make the Thrawn Trilogy 7,8, and 9.

15. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Fine. Have it your way.[face_laugh]

16. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha o_O

17. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Those who want Sith might want to be careful what they wish for:
    [​IMG]

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Gah, don't remind me!

19. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    It's somewhat amazing to me that no one on this thread has suggested, or even realized, that the new trilogy could predate the prequel trilogy. No official, to my knowledge, has said it would be a sequel trilogy...they just said three more SW movies.

So, yeah...the Sith, as we know them, could be in the movies. I, for one, would like to see the Darth Bane stories, slightly modified to include an earlier generation of Skywalker. Maybe leading up to Darth Plageous.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It's true that the (EU) Old Republic era was full of lightsaber duels. Also, Tom Hardy as Darth Bane. :)

21. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    Hardy as Bane?!? A must! :)

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. Frankakin skywalker

Dec 13, 2012
    Oh yes!!!! Great Idea! You Deserve a prize! dingdingdingding! They should totally start making Old Republic movies. I mean who wouldn't want to see ancient Sith and Jedi wars in movies? First they should make The Sequel Trilogy after ROTJ, then the OR movies!

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    It's called Episode VII for a reason. You don't call it Episode VII if it's based 1000 years before Episode I. That's just silly.

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe Episode VII is a code-name.

25. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    If the Sith exist in the new films, it makes the two trilogies we've seen so far basically meaningless. It means that Anakin didn't really fulfill the Prophecy, that Yoda and Obi-wan need never have bothered training Luke as a Jedi, and that there's no reason at all for a huge chunk of the story and universe we see - including almost everything Luke did after ANH and the Jedi as a whole - to be there, because they ended up not actually accomplishing much of anything.

Now there can be dark Force users, or even pretenders that want to call themselves Sith perhaps, but true Sith Lords? No.