main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Out of Bounds (The ELL OOC Thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Trieste, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    I have never enjoyed my team being trash talked against so much as that post. :D

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I think I've found my next great HC. :p

3. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Lunch time (Pacific) scores today. Gone to the movies. :)

4. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    First Miner playoff victory since Aileen Wynn was head coach?
    [​IMG]
    "Wooooooooooooooo!"

5. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Woohoo! Go Miners!

Shoot, should I say that so loudly?

6. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah, but we all know that the Monarchs automatically win next week. :p

Interesting that both games were upsets.

When can those of us not in the playoffs start banking for 272 Week 1?

7. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Immediately. In fact, Euceron is already banked.

8. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    So if I win next week and make the Galactic cup chamionship game does that mean I'll be the home team since its in my stadium?

9. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes in the sense that you'll be playing at your own stadium, but you'll have to ask Trieste whether you'll be officially designated as the home team (thus having access to your usual locker room) or visiting team (thus being forced to use the visitors' locker room), as with the new conference format I'm not sure whether home team designation at the Final is awarded to the higher seed (which would be the Monarchs if when they beat the Miners) or to the team with the better regular-season record (which would be you).

10. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    If Rydonni Prime wins, you get to be the road team. :p

But you still have to beat the Jets. [face_devil]

And I'm not surprised by the lower-seeded teams winning. I think maybe one or two out of the last ten or so playoff games played lately (last season in ELL, PLL and Super 16) were won by the higher seed, and it's been a while since they last picked up a playoff victory.

11. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Miners V. Monarchs... Let the battle of the replacement coaches begin!!!!

The unfortunate thing is that Dawn Solo is too busy bringing peace to the Galaxy to smack Ol' Red around midfield next week ;)

12. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Actually, it seems that Solo and her friends aren't all that important to the Monarchs. After all, the team won the conference without them. Maybe they should be permanently relegated to the reserves, since the replacements are doing fine without them? ;)

13. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Naw they benefited from a weakened conference, I have a feeling they are going to need the veterans if they are going to be in contention on a consistent basis.

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    There ain't nothing consistent about Trieste's dice roller. Except the Storm's mediocrity. :p

Trieste and JediMaster_1977 like this.
  15. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I get the pesky Jets again :rolleyes:

16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I figure everything will avergae out eventually. Play the game long enough and hopefully everyone will get their chance at a title.

[​IMG]

17. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    That is a great attitude, Bardan. Everyone will get a shot but I know it must be hard to be patient when your team is very mediocre.

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The first couple of years the Mercs did great, made the playoffs a couple of times, won a Commisioner's trophy, but lost in the playoffs. The next two seasons they were mediocre and missed out on the playoffs on the last day. This past year was the first really horrible year, and it kind of threw off my storyline a bit. I figure somewhere down the road I will have a great season and a championship to offset this one.

[​IMG]

19. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Just an FYI... The Premiership Playoff scores are up!

Congrats to the Sabres & Blasters on overwhelming wins. And yes they were upsets :p

20. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
  21. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Hey there was one team that rolled a Bonus and they scored the lowest :p

22. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    For the record, the Bak10 doesn't actually have a playoff. Because they're a ten team conference, they do a straight 9 game conference schedule, everybody plays everybody, team with the best record wins. Just like the old Pac10 did before they wanted to make a bunch of money by having a championship game they accepted Colorado and Utah. However, I think a 9-8 victory over Evenvale in the last week of the season to clinch it would be a dramatic way to do it!

And KMI going down hard in the SEC? Wow...

To answer the question about home field advantage, JediMaster_1977 unlike the NFL, home field advantage is awarded to the team with the superior record. Contrary to what Jedi Gunny said about a potential road designation if the Monarchs win, both Vandelhelm and Ryloth have 5-2 records while Rydonni Prime is 4-3 and Bakura 3-4. Therefore, the Skywalker Conference will play as the home team and the Solo Conference will play as the road team.

And this is the precisely the sort of thing that needs to be captured in the long over due rules post in the library thread. I've been meaning to write one but haven't gotten around to it.

I did get this though:
    [​IMG]

23. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    Everyone's a critic. :rolleyes:

:p

24. Trieste

Apr 10, 2010
    Nah, just a stickler for accuracy. I'm like Robin Hood when he's at the archery contest.

[​IMG]

(Also, I'm a master of disguise.)

Dubya_Scott likes this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Even KMI has to lose sometime. Who knows? Maybe it will make their coach more willing to coach in the ELL. [face_whistling]

[​IMG]