main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Lux Bonteri Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I hath made a discussion thread for my favorite lovable idiot in TCW.

I feel his ship is sunk and he may be headed for the bus station. But Iets look back on the good times. The youngling Mama's boy who didn't know his own ass from a hole in the ground that ended up in situations way over his head such as confronting Dooku (in hologram naturally) and with Pre Vizsla's arm around his shoulders. Before his mother died he was the first character to really put some doubts in Ahsoka's mind. His dad was killed by clone troopers and its a real pity he hasn't met Rex yet.

Lets discuss those good times. Maybe Lux does have a future appearing in political episodes. I like the idea this inexperienced kid realizes from sitting as the Senator of Onderon that the grass isn't really greener on the Republic side and has something of an identity crisis or a moment of losing the faith. Cool beans.

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    It was only a matter of time before a discussion thread for Lux would show up [face_laugh]

3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm inspired. You can blame one of my bros for that.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    He becomes too idealistic and despite seeing the Republic as being good sees corruption in the senate and gets a little too uppity and begins insisting that elections resume and that the Republic cannot give into fear to compromise its values. Palpatine doesn't want elections to go through and Lux is found dead. Later on, Palpatine is passing Ahsoka in the Senate building and leans over, puts a hand on her shoulder and whispers "you're welcome" into her ear. Ahsoka leaves the Jedi Order, becomes an alcoholic, becomes addicted to deathsticks and makes a name for herself in illegal sabaac rings in the Coruscant underground. Asajj goes after her to scare her straight and redeem her from her addictions. After being given a tour of Coruscant's prisons and spending a night in lockup and being shanked by Wat Tambor. Palpatine shows Ahsoka a brochure for a rehabilitation center and agrees to sponsor her. Ahsoka is sent off but never seen again. However, Anakin gets periodic update letters from Ahsoka (with writing that conspicuously looks like Palpatine's penmanship) telling Anakin about how great everyone is, how she's making friends, and how she feels she's making real progress.

5. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I still suspect that Ahsoka will get a variant on Ventress's EU ending - she and Lux get on a shuttle, point it somewhere, and leave everything behind.

6. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I hope they don't come back to the Ahsoka/Lux romance. IMO they should have gotten more out of it with Ahsoka struggling with being possessive and feeling darker emotions and overcoming them as opposed to her just playing eye-tag with Lux back and forth before accepting that he like Steela. But now that the opportunity has passed, I don't want them to be the on again/off again flirty couple. There are still things they can do with the characters outside of a romantic relationship. Lux and Ahsoka can be each others' eyes and ears in the senate and Jedi just as Palpatine and Anakin are. Something Palpatine can use to drive a wedge between Ahsoka and Anakin if Anakin feels that Lux is using her for a political agenda, even though that's ultimately what ends up happening with Anakin.

I do think Lux could become an ally of Padme and Bail, and although my previous post was clearly a joke, I do wish for there to be political opponents to Palpatine. And while I don't really want to see Lux necessarily be that opponent (I don't want to see an uppity 15-16 year old being the one to challenge Palpatine), Lux can still kind of serve as the eye opener for Padme that shows her how the CIS views the Republic and really draw attention to things he views as corrupt (e.g. clone army [face_praying]). And if he starts to serve as the bridge for peace between the Republic and CIS, then he's going to get a target on his head from Dooku and Sidious. And there are different ways that can play out.

But please, no "oh wait, I DO have feelings for you" backtracking into a romantic relationship.

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  7. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't like the little relationship going on between Lux and Ahsoka, when I saw Steela Gerrera kiss Lux, I thought finally that'll get that story out of the way... aaand they had to kill her off... [face_frustrated] But I really don't hope Ahsoka's fate has something to do with Lux, that would suck big time.

8. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I really have no reason to hate him.

9. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    His past with his father being killed by clones really needs to be addressed at some point

10. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Didn't he meet Rex on Onderon in "A War on Two Fronts" ?

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well yeah oops. I meant to say, "Isn't it a pity that here we have a kid whose dad was killed by clones, then here we have Rex on screen with him, and TCW isn't do anything with it."

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    maybe Lux kills Ahsoka :p

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    They had four episodes and just didn't get much farther than Ahsoka getting mildly jealous of Steela. It might have been cool if Ahsoka had stronger feelings and even to have had Lux more torn between feelings for the two. The dumbass would make a great player. But I don't think its much of a loss TCW got passed this quick since the whole thing was pretty, meh. Lux could still come back to his feelings for Ahsolka but I'm also hoping Ahsoka stays moved on and rejects him.

I think if Lux isn't put on a bus then he should move into other story lines as a now fairly developed OC.The inexperienced young man would be great in political intrigue episodes, we need OC senators as well right? Hell, lets use him in the debates about the Jedi that gotta be coming eventually as a pro-Jedi senator. Or lets create a path that crosses him with clones. Remember the early season one episodes like "Dooku Captured" where senators are sent off with clones. Commander Stone could reappear with him. Have that dialogue about clones killed my dad. Not as meaningful as it would be with Rex or even Fives but I'll take it.

Lux could be taken over Padme's wing. It makes sense for her to mentor him since Mina was her friend. I wouldn't mind Lux kinda challenging Palpatine. He could get pretty radical. He's available to have a target on his head. Part of what made this guy cool in "A Friend in Need" was how in over his head the guy was and he was a pretty ordinary guy. Didn't seem like much of an action hero until Onderon. He's impressionable and has ended up with the wrong crowd before as well so he could even go in and get corrupted. Lux turning against would probably screw with some heads. There is plenty more potential in this guy.

He could even be given a small role in the upcoming Maul arc or future arcs that deal with Deathwatch if that movement survives or manages to take Mandalore in the end. Lux would have to have some inside info on them.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I see what you guys are saying and I saw the same thing. I agree, I really do.

But there could be more to it. Yeah, Ahsoka wasn't going insane with jealousy, but you could tell the feelings were there and that in itself can be enough for a good writer to work with. Looking at her face, she looked like she was hiding discomfort if not pain. Maybe the rejection hurt her more than we saw. Repressing her feelings like that could come back to haunt her, or maybe she just really is a Jedi Master who has conquered silly puppy love. Perhaps she can talk to Anakin about it? I'd be disappointed if that conversation never happens.

Seerow likes this.
  15. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Since the episodes aren't in chronological order they might aswell make the episode where the clones kill his father.

Seerow likes this.
  16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    This could happen in a flashback. I'd rather never see it though. I would rather it be left to my imagination what role Lux's father was playing when he was killed. I'd like to think he wasn't the big bad of that one.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  17. The Verbal Machinegun

The Verbal Machinegun Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2013
    We had never seen a flashback episode in CW.

But we did see a baby Ashoka as Filoni promised. I am not sure which episode was that.

Seerow likes this.
  18. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Accidentally like Steela or on purpose?

The Verbal Machinegun You mean 'The Gathering'.

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I don't think flashbacks episodes are really TCW's style. That doesn't mean they can't give us little ones like with Ventress. That would have been nice for Gregor's war story.

20. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I think Lux will reappear. In what role I have no idea, he appears as something different every time we see him. I really expected him to perish in the Onderon arc but since he didn't... Lux seems to be a key element of Ahsoka's storyline.

21. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd like to see Lux's attitude toward the clones play out (i.e. a negative attitude and view that they are inhuman), moreso than I care to see a flashback of it actually happening. I doubt Lux was there, and I don't think the importance needs to be inflated to the point that whichever clone did it vividly remembers it.

I also wouldn't want it to be a cliche. I wouldn't want it to be something that traumatized the clone that did it - "omg, I never killed an organic before, it was an accident, I'm scarred now," etc. Nor would I want to see a Last Samurai homage in which Lux meets whomever did it and begins to bond with that clone.

All of these clones are the same guys that ultimately gun the Jedi down for whatever reason: belief the Jedi are rebelling; anti-Jedi conspiracy; machurian candidate subconscious cues; etc. I'd like to see the more evil side of them and I can at least pretend that maybe Lux's dad was gunned down in cold blood without hesitation and maybe in that moment the clones really were the bad guys, killing the individuals at a Separatist facility indiscriminately.

I'd like to see clones more in the vein of Tarkin or Krell (before his rant about betraying the Republic). Clones that see their duty through at any cost, and aren't necessarily the boy scouts that Rex is.

I'd rather Lux be used to expose the evils of the Republic and as someone that can provide an outside perspective to the Republic's failings, rather than someone that's going to come to an understanding with the clones and be friends with everyone.

Make him an idealist that wants to fix the Republic that is horribly broken, rather than giving up on it like the Separatists did, playing diplomat like Bail and Padme do, or kowtowing to Palpatine like most of the Senate does.

07jonesj, Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I fanon Rex in as the clone who killed Lux's father for fun. I like the idea because his jaig eyes are a fairly unique symbol for the clone captain. Rex may not remember but someone might have told Lux the clone who did it was wearing a helmet with those eyes on it. Lux would know it was him who did it when he encountered him. Lux still has not encountered Rex is full armor. That could jog his own memory even if its a fragment of a story.

I don't think it would be something he'd really remember. For Rex is would have been just another battle, just another enemy. Do you think he has thought twice about the Slaver guy after killing him?Yes, the drama lover in me does like the idea that Lux's father was down on his knees begging for his life and the clones killed him in total cold blood. The would have additional benefit in providing some development for Rex since then he has to appreciate what he did and get his own 'HOBS' lesson. Reaching an understanding would remain to be seen.

I'm fine with it being another clone who killed Lux's dad so long as the story is sufficiently moving. I really don't want Lux's dad to be some evil big bad. When I say flashback of him. I'd be cool with seeing one of Lux on his knee. Some father/ son time.Set him up as what seems like a nice guy. Leave his role in the war and his actual death scene up to the imagination except for some vague story told by Lux himself based on some eye witness survivor.

This is an excellent opportunity to show the republic in a bad light. To show how terrible the clone can be, that sad contrast between Gregor's kindness and then his brutal dedication to the republic. That's such heavy stuff. I found Gregor a pretty troubling character. He seems to point back to the idea that their destinies will not be inescapable. In the end they will all gun down the Jedi.

I think Lux being a young and inexperienced guy with a tendency to get in way over his head is a good candidate to wonder into politics within the Republic. He is just stupid enough to go along with anybody who takes him under their wing. He's just idealistic enough to try to stand up and end up dead or on some bounty that way. I'm not sure he should be the one to figure everything out however. It would be a mindscrew if he became anti-Jedi actually.

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I wouldn't want the exact clone trooper who killed Lux's father to be revealed because it being just "the clones" is more revealing. It demonstrates that it could have been any clone, they all would have likely done the same thing - follow orders.

Rex has been portrayed as a good guy, through and through. In my opinion, that's why he has to carry out Order 66. We don't want him to, that doesn't seem like Rex. But the clones' fall from grace via Order 66 is a key moment of the saga, and Rex is the best character to show this in The Clone Wars. Have Fives be there too.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    If we are talking about seeing Lux's attitude play out with clones then its best to play that out with one of the named clones who has some development, IMO. Saying a clone did it and then having him confront one of our named clones with hatred is fine. We won't get much from it if its somebody random. I guess it could be cool if he gets into the senate and starts campaigning against the clones' usage all for a personal grudge. Yet, I feel like the story gains far more weight if we learn the identify of the clone who killed Lux's dad was somebody who genuinely surprises us. Or does it really surprise us? We all know the clones follow orders including Rex and Fives. Neither would hesitate. I see Lux as a character who can have a real impact on his storyline like Cut and Krell before him.

Rex and Fives likely exist to tell the clones' story through their point of view. That will likely include order 66. Rex and Fives are the best candidates for this in the series given their development. It could go either way for them. Filoni mentioned exploring what happened to clones who didn't follow through. Rex's character development sea saws back and forth so far. "The Deserter" foreshadows both possibilities for Rex and so does Umbara. He could go either way. Its that sea sawing as well as their unknown fates that part a large part of what makes them compelling characters for me.

25. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Seerow

I agree that having Lux portray negativity towards the clones is a good idea, I just think forcing that onto one particular clone is not. Perhaps have Lux argue for a militia similar to the Onderon rebels to fight for the Republic, rather than using clones.

I also agree that Rex should have a dark "moment of crisis" at some point before the end of the show. But we should see that happening to Rex, and not through flash-back. Revealing that Rex killed Lux's father is far weaker than having Rex, say, be ordered to kill Fives as he's disobeyed orders. I just feel that I, and likely many other viewers, fell that they "know" Rex. Throwing a "Ha! You didn't know Rex at all!" at us would just be poor character development.

But we indeed need more "Deserters" and "Umbaras" for Rex before the series finale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.