main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Ho Ho Ho... [Solo]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Barriss_Coffee, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You ever had one of those moments when you're reading a book or comic and bust out laughing?

No, seriously. I'm sure I can't be the only one. If you didn't at least crack a smile during Wes's vomit speech in SoA than you're icier than a carbonited Isard on Hoth's dark side.

I'm bringing this subject up because I had a literal LOL moment for a good um... quarter minute today while reading some of these zany British Clone Wars comics. Case in point, this scene:

[​IMG]

Seriously, how awesome is this scene? It's like one of those kiddie activity books where you circle all the things that are so totally wrong with the picture.

And it's been a few years, but I was forced to watch that hideous masterpieceofcrap today, the Star Wars Holiday Special. Ok seriously, how many of you have actually sat through it? Because you should. I will guarantee you'll laugh/cry. And Anthony Daniels says you might even die.

So this thread is not for the faint of heart. It's for the light of heart. What moments have made you literally LOL in the EU?

The real honest-to-goodness death of Quinlan Vos?

[​IMG]

Crimson Jack's Pants? [or lack thereof?]
    [​IMG]

"Oh, stop worrying, Wedge." Janson's grin was infectious. "It's obvious they adore you. You could throw up all over yourself and they'd love it. By nightfall they'd all be doing it. They'd call it the 'Wedge Purge.' They'd be eating different-colored foods just to add variety."

Wedge felt his stomach lurch. He half turned to glare accusingly at Tycho. "I thought maybe you'd be able to do what I never could. Get Wes up to an emotional age of fourteen, maybe fifteen."

Tycho gave him a tight little shake of the head. "No power in the universe could do that. Not Darth Vader and the dark side of the Force, not the nuclear devastation of an exploding sun."

Janson waved at the audience. "They'd be competing for distance and volume."

Go ahead: give me the weirdest/strangest/hilarious moments of the EU. Don't be afraid if you think people will point and laugh at you for your lousy sense of humor. I am already laughing at you for registering on a star wars forum.

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I totally forgot about the death of Vos. That is beautiful.

From the same comic, I vaguely remember Palpatine begging Villie about something. The whole thing is great.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Any of R2's mass murders.

4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  5. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Clearly that TCW comic is a prequel to TFU. It's so obviously foreshadowing the scene where Palpatine brings the entire Rebel Alliance leadership on board the Death Star (for lulz, etc.).

What issue is that in? I may have to track that down...

rumsmuggler likes this.
  6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
  7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

[​IMG]

8. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    "Chancerler Pappytine" in Tag & Bink.

9. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    The scene in Starfighters of Adumar where Janson is drawing a bantha in the air with his gunsaber (or whatever it is) always gets a lol out of me. ​

10. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    One of my personal favorite moments, from the KotOR comic (which had many excellent moments)-

[​IMG]

Actually, every Tags and Bink comic probably applies too. ("Manny Both-hands died to bring us the info, sorry.")

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, KOTOR had a lot of great funny moments. Days of Fear in particular, from the "Jim look" to "YEEP!"
    [​IMG]

12. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
  13. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
  14. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    My cousin visited our house for Christmas, and happened to look through the comic adaptation of The Last Command which I had loaned from library. Besides "Everyone looks ugly" the only comment she gave about it was a laugh at one particular panel.

Which one? You guessed it.

[​IMG]

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I knew it was only a matter of time til someone posted that.

16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    So... I saw this pic and I can't unsee it. Thus, I am sharing it with all of you.

[​IMG]

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Where is that from?

18. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    No idea.

All I know is that kind of cargo inspection is illegal in three systems. At least.

19. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Leia looks rather jealous in the background.

Point Given and rumsmuggler like this.
  20. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    All the things in the Aaron Allston X-wing books.

TKT and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I love the vaguely horrified look on Bib's face.

Point Given and TrakNar like this.
  22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The Gamorrean just looks confused and is touching his own stomach wondering what everyone is bothered by.

cdgodin and TrakNar like this.
  23. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Furthest back I can track it is here.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, I've saved it now. It gave me quite a chuckle when I saw it earlier. However do not Google Marco + Fettish if you are on a work PC - some very NSFW entries come up! :p

TrakNar likes this.
  25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    That's why I stopped where I did. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.