main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation The Solo Saga? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Technically, yes. But their last name would be Solo which I think is important. I just don't see TPTB making a SW movie without the central character having the last name Skywalker. But I could be totally wrong though. Maybe Leia has an illegitimate child with a Gungan and that child keeps the name Skywalker! [face_devil]

PoorGreedo likes this.
  2. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    that'd be one oooogly baby :S

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe that's the way they bring Jar Jar back into the story! ;)

PoorGreedo likes this.
  4. darthtuttle

darthtuttle Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I want to see an anakin solo spin off.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. FryingpoorGreedo

FryingpoorGreedo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2012
    I just said "Oh God yes" in my Orson Welles voice when I read this thread name

6. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    I'm not seeing Episode 7 without Ben Skywalker.

Team Padme likes this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    What exactly is the Solo legacy?

Han doesn't pass on much other than being a scoundrel. What's his family history? We don't know it, so the Solo saga would start with Han.

He's a hero, he's famous, but he's ultimately forgettable just like most soldiers in war. He's not going to be remembered forever like Vader, Palpatine and perhaps Leia and Luke. Ackbar and Mon Mothma may be remembered more solely because they were the official leaders of their respective branches of the Rebellion.

How can his kids carry on the Solo name? As gamblers and smugglers? If they become Jedi, Han's not going to have much to do with that so it's more the Skywalker Saga than the Solo saga.

Han's going to be overshadowed as the odd one out, the only one who cannot feel the Force.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    You never know. It could happen.

[​IMG]

10. Frankakin skywalker

Frankakin skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 13, 2012
    They are going to make a spin-off movies for the Characters, most likely they're personal lives. It's official. Who agrees that's like Avengers? They make single character movies, then one with all of them.

11. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Spin-offs, baby! Spin-offs. :D

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, I'm certain that Luke will be remembered as long as anyone else we've met. Even if the truth about the events in the throne room aboard DSII are never widely known, Luke (assuming the ST goes this way) will surely go down in galactic history as the founder and first Grand Master of the New Jedi Order. This alone (to say nothing of his exploits as a war hero) should be enough to secure his legacy.

That said, as beloved as he clearly is, I think you're probably just about right on the ball with Han. And the only Solo legacy I'm aware of (outside of whatever Han does with the rest of his life) is some nonsense about the Solo aristocracy, or somesuch, which has never sat well with me, personally.

I don't mean to sell the man short, but Han's best chance at being remembered probably hinges on his inclusion as one of the 'founding father's' of the New Republic. Maybe as a Capt. John Parker figure (who commanded the Lexington militia) to Luke's George Washington (renowned war hero and first leader of Jedi). Maybe a Dolley Madison-type who contributed to events in his own memorable way while still being overshadowed historically by his more famous spouse, leader of the New Republic, Leia Organa-Solo? [face_dunno]

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I could see a Lethal Weaponesqe movie with Han and Lando in their early days.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    But whom is Riggs, and whom is Murtaugh? Would Chewie be Joe Pesci? :)

15. Skelter

Skelter Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I dont think that would work for me.. I already fast foward all the parts with Solo in them.. I dont need to start skipping movies..

16. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    The Calrissian Chronicles?
    The Wonderful World of Watto?
    The Huttfather?

I think the Solo-Skywalker Chronicles will be this go-round. It will focus on what becomes of the next generation of related younguns.

17. Doug625

Doug625 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2012
    who is this Indiana Jones, Jack Ryan, and Han Solo guy? I thought he just played Bob Falfa! haha

18. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    IDK, wouldn't he be remembered for his role in the Battle of Yavin, taking the shot that enables Luke to blow the Death Star?

Also, non-Force users absolutely have a role to play in the GFFA. They can't all be Jedi.

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Whether Han would be remembered for his role in the Battle of Yavin is debatable, but I find it highly unlikely that he'd be in many history books.

I don't think anyone said non-Force users have no role to play.

20. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    This might work. I'd have to laugh though that after all these years their careers shine again because of Star Wars.

21. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Why the heck would that be debatable? If he hadn't have turned up the whole thing would have been lost. You are hilarious, even if it was unintentional.

22. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    And your a Star Wars fan?

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  23. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Well why not? The entire EU is a spin off, didn't harm that much. As far as spin off's go anyway.

24. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    I sincerely hope not.

25. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    Seriously. Han Solo is my favourite character. It wouldn't feel like Star Wars without him... maybe that's one reason why the PT fell somewhat short for me- no "Han Solo-esque" material.