main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeyArnold

JoeyArnold Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    As soon as I noticed it was a cartoon. I wouldn't walk out but I sure would be sad.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If it was the Holiday Special filmed in 48fps I would leave.
    Actually, I probably wouldn't. Some train wrecks are worth watching.

Ryus and JediKnightOB1 like this.
  3. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    If Queen Latifah played Darth Whootie.

4. Lando's Little Maneuver

Lando's Little Maneuver Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2012
    If they tried desperately to appeal to the idiot teen market, and filled it with "street talk", beefcakes trying every cliche in the book to come across as cool, drift pod racing and white guys who wish they were black who hold their hand in front of their mouth and say "daymnnn" a lot. Basically if they cast everyone who worked on the fast and the furious.

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This would make me walk out of any movie.

6. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If it's really a old republic prequel and they lied to us the whole time.

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I pposted this elsewhere but it fits here.

Harrison Ford as Han Solo in a desperate attempt to save the day says, "I'll call Dash Rendar, he'll know what to do."

8. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    If a bunch of fans wearing shirts printed with "MOD" came in and threadmerged every line into one huge one.

9. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Anything resembling the awful PT CGI, dialogue and acting or anything remotely related to the EU!

10. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    I hope they ignore the lot!

11. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Likewise! They were worse than the holiday special.

12. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    It would be a PR master stroke to make the OT available un-vandalised and perhaps only the film being cleaned up.

13. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    He will be alive thankfully and rendering that "book" null and void at the same time. Glorious.

14. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Nice Avatar. Who's the blue guy?

15. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Same as me, I wasted money going to see them, with the slim hope that they would turn the corner. Unfortunately they never did.

16. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    I feel that way about all EU books. But that's just me, at least you enjoy them man.

17. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    You have pretty much summed up the PT!

18. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    It amuses me when people that still love the OT will throw the same insults at the PT that were lobbed at the OT when it came out without a hint of irony.

kainee and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    To the PT bashers: Why are you looking forward to the ST then? If you hated those three films so much that you are still b****ing about them over a decade later then why bother? I mean goodness gracious.

20. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    "What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode VII?"

If they don't give Jar Jar Binks his deserving title, "Devine Monarch of the Galactic Kingdom".
    J/K

21. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    I don't think anything would make me so angry that I would walk out on the movie. I don't see the point in getting so invested since it's only a film when it's all said and done. But there are definitely things that would disappoint me:

1. Not taking into account any trajectory or arc for the characters. This was an issue I had with Han and Leia in the OT, as they didn't really seem to develop and there wasn't much reason for them to remain in the story. It seemed as though Lucas didn't have any idea of what to do with them which hurt the narrative.

2. Not allowing characters to emotionally react to events because it would interfere with the audience perception. This one bothers me a lot because it seems lazy and manipulative. So if a character goes through trauma, I expect the film to acknowledge that rather than sweep it under the rug. If the film is incapable of doing this, then the source of trauma has to go. One big one I think of is Leia's non-reaction to the destruction of Alderaan.

3. Copying the OT or the PT. This is a big one. If I want to watch either of those trilogies, I will pop them in, so don't just rehash those films. The ST should be connected to them and have nods to the earlier films, but it shouldn't be dictated by them.

22. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    The only thing that has ever made me walk out of the theatre was the jazz club scene in Spider-Man 3. Of course, I didn't leave entirely. I just thought to myself that it was a good time to go ahead and get a refill/take a bathroom break. I went back for the rest of the movie, but there are times that I wonder why I did.

kainee likes this.
  23. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    No more nods. LFL is not good at it. Too heavy handed.

24. PiettsHat

PiettsHat Force Ghost star 4

Jan 1, 2011
    Oh, I see what you mean. It's just that, in my case, I'm probably going to go see it with my little brother, so regardless of how I feel about the film, I'm not about to walk out on it if he's having a good time.

25. MrFantastic74

MrFantastic74 Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 4, 2010
    I have never walked out of a movie, but the only one I seriously considered bailing on was "Lost in Space" starring Matt Leblanc. What a horrible piece of turd that was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.