main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Official Sequel Trilogy / Legends / Expanded Universe discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by YoureNotJonesy, Nov 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwfking

bwfking Jedi Knight

Mar 13, 2005
    I think you're right on this one. The biggest problem is the unknown, which is creating a bit of fear. The most likely outcome is that chunks of the EU we know post ROTJ will have to either be ignored, get the retcon treatment, or be written off as a holodrama of some kind.

2. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I've no Idea which way this is gonna go. TBH I'm relaxed whatever they do as long as we get a top notch Ep 7. Follow the EU? I'm cool with that. Don't follow the EU? I'm good with that too. I can understand why those on here who have invested money and time in the EU will be upset if it gets canned and if that happens then I feel for you guys and gals. But until we get some kind of idea what LFL have planned then its all about our hopes and fears. FWIW I've read huge chunks of EU, from Splinter thru to new stuff. NJO didn't really grab me, but that's just my opinion. Everyone has subjective opinions and that's the beauty of a community like this. Anyway, happy holidays to all on here :)

3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I'd like to see some new books come out in the future with the ST out.

4. May the Horse be with you

May the Horse be with you Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it would be good, if they are going to overwrite a lot of the post-RotJ EU, that Disney/LFL made done kind of announcement about what was/wasn't still official continuity, rather than leaving it to EU fans to piece together. If this was done I could (just) accept a total reboot.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  5. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Has Luke learned about the past between his father & mother?
    - How Anakin lost Luke's grandmother in Tatooine?
    - Anakin & Padme having an affair
    - How Anakin joined the dark side?

And I wonder if they'll do a show about young Luke & his adventures before the rebirth of the new Jedi council & after the death of Darth Vader & Sidious.

6. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Yeah I agree with you there. I think Disney should release a new TV show (animated/whatever idc) in May or June for a summer season that can in two years explain 30-40 years of stories so regular people can have some idea of what is going on. And on that note I really don't see much of a problem. We were thrown right into ANH with the Jedi Knights/Clone Wars/Imperial Senate/Old Republic/etc. with no idea of what was going on. They did it once we can do it again

7. startravellerearth

startravellerearth Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2012
    Yeah. Ya know Luke & Leia can at least call their "mother" & "father" their "mom" & "dad" now.

Plus... he doesn't know about the "Chosen One" prophecy. Either if it was Anakin or him. I think Luke was the chosen one all along and the pathetic old Jedi didn't even know it... probably read the so-called prophecy wrong.

8. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    As a side not: this thread helped me sell some Star Wars books today to grandparents needing Christmas gifts for the kids. Thank you.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    What books did you sell?

darthzac14 likes this.
  10. bwfking

bwfking Jedi Knight

Mar 13, 2005
    A New Republic TV episode about Traitor would probably focus more on the philosphy rather than the torture parts. Similar to how Clone Wars TV handles war and such. The ep might turn out to be a lot like Mortis...not sure if that's a good thing

11. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The torture is kinda integral to the philosophy, though. It wouldn't be Traitor without Jacen learning to overcome pain and being able to make hard decisions.

12. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Darkhorse isn't loosing it's rights. It's just a rumor that has been refuted by Randy

13. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope that's true. I love a lot of the Darkhorse stuff, and am looking forward to several of their upcoming series.

14. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Well, technically he refuted the story that Blue Sky Disney reported, not necessarily that Dark Horse would eventually be losing their licensing rights. IIRC, they will expire soon, and then we'll see. I think a lot of people expect Disney to bring the comics in house to Marvel.

15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, I just read Randy's post. It makes good business sense that Marvel would get the rights, but I know I would prefer them to stay with Darkhorse.

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I doubt Marvel is very interested in the rights. Star Wars comics are a speck compared to the cash flow they have now.

Esg likes this.
  17. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    From facebook

18. Han Shot First

Han Shot First Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2012
    Marvel is owned by Disney! So...

19. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Done nothing to earn Star Wars? Well other that being a part of Disney who paid $4.5 million. I guess that's right eh? :p

LawJedi likes this.
  20. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    You seem so certain in the face of overwhelming facts suggesting otherwise. You a secret insider?

21. Han Shot First

Nov 29, 2012
    Sounds like a bit of a dodgy knock off, of the Cenobite's from Hellraiser!

22. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm not really sure I understand your post - and I'd like to be clear that the second quote is NOT something I said.

23. ForeshadowsOfTheEmpire

ForeshadowsOfTheEmpire Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2012
    I think they should at least aknowledge the bits from post-OT EU that are relevant to the new stories only, as we dont need a bunch of old reminisces on past events, maybe just 1 or 2 random allusions, but everything else should pertain to situations strictly taking place in the new films. Too many aknowledgements to the unrelevant stuff would just slow the films down. In keeping with all that, an explanation early on should detail Chewie's absence from the film, what happened to the vast cities of Coruscant, etc. What isnt needed tho is a recap of everything that happened between trilogies, or Han sobbing about Chewie (as Im sure he's over that by now).
    If they pay respects to the post-OT EU, they should also set the films timeline appropriately, I guess roughly around 30 years or so after ROTJ, about as many years between TPM and ANH.

24. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I would like a clear definition of what is canon when Episode VII comes out. I don't care if stuff gets steamrolled (which it will), but I do care if we are left guessing at canon years after VII comes out.

25. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    What facts an obscure blog with no source is your only fact and the Main editor on Dark Horse called bs on the rumor.

Are you suddenly enough a reliable source of information from Dark Horse now that you can call randy a liar?
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...-wars-comics-moving-to-marvel.50007667/page-2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.