main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The mostly official Paul S. Kemp Duology thread (no, it's not canceled)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by max-attac, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    If these two books are tied into the three movies, they will be about Jacen flowwalking so hard that current EU breaks, resulting in a new timeline.

It will not, I repeat, not be a project that makes two novels out of three scripts that haven't been written and that would have started being written in 2010 when the last film is to be released in 2019 or 2021. The world does not, I repeat, not work that way.

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    If the dudes at CERN discover a way to flow-walk, er, I mean time travel, by 2021, then you never know... maybe they flow-walked back to 2010 and told someone. :p

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    SO is this now the "official" Paul S. Kemp duology thread? Should we have it stickied? :)

Team Padme likes this.
  4. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    I just hope cancelling the other threads doesn't prove to be a sign of the future. :p

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If we call it cancelled before it's cancelled, maybe it won't be cancelled?

6. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    No, that might turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy then. We should just act like it was published already. :)

7. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    How many threads do you think will still appear even with an "Official Thread?"

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Until we get official word of what's going down with this novel we could probably get a thread per month or every other other month...

9. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I laughed. I cried. It was better than Cats!

10. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    I've begun to wonder in Paul S. Kemp even has any idea what the book is about. After this long, maybe Lucasfilm hasn't even told him anything either, just that he's writing a book that will blow the fans' minds. :p

11. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Guys, I was reading the title of this thread and I saw the words "official" and "cancelled" in it. Could that mean it's been officially cancelled?

cdgodin likes this.
  12. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I thinks it's mostly not cancelled officially :)

13. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    So the Kemp Duology fell through a temporal rift in the future and got sent back to the past and already exists?

Hello Crosscurrent and Riptide.

14. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    I'm actually from the future. I just flow walk back to 2012 in order to post in the Lit board. This duology actually does blow you mind.

darklordoftech likes this.
  15. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    I am midway through the first book, and let me tell you, the way Waru is characterized is wonderful. You can really believe he wants to be the Chief of State to restore peace, and at the same time doesn't care about anything. And the side plot of Luke wanting to reach perfection through every possible mean is very touching, heart-wrenching even. The second book has him at the cover with a beard and a third eye, I can hardly wait!

16. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    We should totally attach a spoiler warning to the thread title.

17. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    OMG... does this mean Trioculus was a time-travelling Luke Skywalker who had gone back to the past to have a second chance to find his one true love?

18. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    So.... is it true that there is some kind of viper?

19. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    Spoilers!

In the tenth chapter there's actually a duel to death between Some Sort from clan Viper and Kyle Katarn. During the duel Some Sort boasts that he has eaten many leaders in the galaxy, including Bib Fortuna. Then he makes the mistake of blinking, and is dead.

20. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    No no no no no no no no. We're going about this all wrong what we all need to do is tweet to Mr. Kemp (yes) several times a day each until he gives some information.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    C'mon you know he's contractually bound not to spill anything. So in a way our wild mass guessing here is much more likely to hit upon the truth than your proposed course of action :p

22. Darth_Kevin

Aug 30, 2001
    He's probably not contractually bond to say whether or not he thinks the duology will ever be published...

23. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    The sad news is that Paul Kemp has been listed as MIA in Afghanistan. Before he went missing, he gave his best buddies on the ground a manuscript each, and they were able to get them out Christopher Walken / Pulp Fiction style. Last known whereabouts was that the finished manuscripts were exiting the Hershey Highway in some obscure mountainous provence. The duology is currently behind schedule, literally, and won't be ready for publication until late 2013 at the earliest.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    So Zor made me realize that there's still no word on this. Let's just hope this isn't supposed to be a Detours tie-in. 8-}

25. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Todd, I hate you. For a second there I thought there was news! :p

Though after the other news today, maybe I should just be glad it wasn't another cancellation announcement. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.