main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation OT/PT Specific Scenes/Scenery re-used in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by clone3131, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Perhaps a senator visits the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV to witness training?

TheManFromMortis and clone3131 like this.
  2. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I would like to see a Sith frozen in carbonite in Ep VII, to later be released into a climactic saber battle with Luke.

I would like to see Anakin come to Luke and mirror the "We have a new enemy...." scene from Empire.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

And just for fun, I would like to hear someone say "I thought they smelled bad on the outside......."

3. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    Even though some sources say it was destroyed by the Empire during/after the Jedi Purge (whilst others don't), I think it would be interesting to see the planet Ilum at some point during the ST. A place of pilgrimage for the Jedi, I can imagine that a scene depicting Luke and one of his pupils travelling to Ilum to construct a new lightsabre would be pretty good to see on screen. I'd like that.

4. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    Would anyone care to see Pod Racing brought back in some form?

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I would.

6. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Sorry for responding to my own post, but that's something that we haven't seen on the big screen with real actors. I'd like to see it at some point in the ST.

7. FryingpoorGreedo

FryingpoorGreedo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2012
    I'd love to see a neglected almost post apocalyptic looking senate chamber. All the senate pods destroyed and rusted, put Luke in there all disappointed and ready to rebuild. Symbolism!

8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    I would love to see the Jedi Temple remains on Courscant

Also, if Luke/Leia were to go to Naboo, who would you like to tell them of their lineage?

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    This idea is intriguing and plausible within the SW galaxy but I'm not too sure about going to the carbonite well too often.

I wouldn't mind seeing it on a screen in some club or cantina a la AOTC but I don't know if we should actually see it live. Also, I'm nt sure it would still exist since its so dangerous most podracers die, which is why it was so extraordinary for Anakin to be able to do it. I suspect we won't see it again.

I think the Temple will have been razed when we re-join the story. And I think Jar Jar should explain the twins lineage. j/k I don't think there's any pressing need for them to go to Naboo, would only drag the story.

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Wasn't razed by the time of Return Of The Jedi...don't see why it would be after the Empire's lost. :p

11. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Outside of Courscant, I would like to see new environments. Star Wars has always had a sense of adventure and excitement about it. Strange, new environments are essential to this feeling.

12. battlefrontboy

battlefrontboy Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2012
    I was thinking we might see a painting of Padme in Leia's office, indicating that they learned all about her already.

kainee likes this.
  13. ForceJumpAnakin

ForceJumpAnakin Force Ghost star 4

Dec 24, 2006
    "Obi-Wan certainly had a sense of humor"
    *begin flashback*
    Obi-Wan: You don't want to sell me deathsticks, you want to go home and rethink your life.

kainee likes this.
  14. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Luke on Coruscant living in Anakin and Padme's apartment

kainee likes this.
  15. ForeshadowsOfTheEmpire

ForeshadowsOfTheEmpire Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2012
    I can't really see how one could envision Coruscant being the same after the vong invaded (if they pay respects to the established EU), as that wont be very nostalgic, and I dont see any reason why the heroes would return to Jabba's Palace now that he's dead because them; can't imagine ole Rotta being happy they killed his dad either.
    That said, Tatooine is a must as it has been featured in every episode but ESB, as well as TCW, KOTOR/TOR, TFU (albeit in the DLC), and almost every other medium SW is represented in. (Almost) all roads seem to lead to Tatooine at some point. Naboo seems a good fit for a short scene, maybe a visit to Padme's grave or something like that, but not much else. Mustafar could be a place where our new heroes face their jedi trials or something along those lines, some way of overcoming darkness, but I don't want it to become a staple location to the new trilogy. Maybe as a backdrop for a duel finale to end a darker chapter of the new trilogy. Ah, Kashyyyk, gotta go there. If not to see the wookies, then to venture into the under-dark. I'd also like to see Cato Neimoidia again, it can be this trilogy's new Cloud City/Coruscant-style, sprawling, urban, suspended "city in the clouds/skyline" themed location. And on the subject, we should re-visit Cloud City. Moving away from movie locales, how about DUHN-DUHN-DUHN, Korriban or Dromund Kaas as a place for our heroes to confront the antagonist(s) for the first time? We've yet to exprience either (though preferably the former by many fans) in true film realization.
    As for returning vehicles, probably New Republic versions of the old Rebel/Imperial craft (xwings, ties with maybe some new variants, star destroyers, etc.), some revamps of the Old Repubublic tech (jedi fighters, arc-170, etc.), and some of the more common civilian/bounty hunter/diplomatic ships zipping about the galaxy (yt-1300, firespray attack cruiser, corellian corvette, etc.). Not real familiar with some of the newer EU ships so I can't really comment/speculate/advocate on them.
    Scenes? Duh! gotta have highly acrobatic lightsaber duels, with at least one bad guy using a strange new variation of the lightsaber (Maul had a double, Tyranus had a curved hilt, Ventress had a culmination of both the former 2, and Sidious had 2 palm sized sabz under each sleeve), but it has to be cool, new, and fresh... please no triple blades or more and no lightwhips. Also a high flying, uber-cluttered and chaotic, vertigo inducing space battle (or 2 or 3), a new end-all, be-all sith superweapon, and epic ground battles that would put LOTR's to shame.

16. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I know the EU has firmly set the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV, but I'd like to see something else in the ST. I'm thinking that Luke might be tempted to bring his Trainees to Dagobah. This is where he trained, it is what he knows as far as training goes AND it gives him the Dark Side Cave to help with testing his students.

kainee likes this.
  17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I would love to see some gungans in the ST.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.