main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Exactly!

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Separatists answer to Dooku, as Dooku holds an iron fist over them and everything they decide, and does not allow people to speak out (Lux when he stood up to the Separatists and spoke his mind about Dooku). Dooku answers to Sidious. Ergo, the Separatists need Sidious to exist, as Sidious caused the existence of the Separatist Alliance, and behind the scenes micromanages everything on the Republic side and the CIS side. They serve no purpose other than to further the future creation of the Galactic Empire.

hlc88, Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  3. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    By that I mean the Separatists do not need Sidious for info or special hints. People give the old grampa with burned face too much credit.

You know what. You guys smackdown the CIS but, at least, they know who they serve. The most pathetic thing in the galaxy is when Anakin and the other Jedi think they are fighting for freedom but in reality are just pawns of Sidious - that is really sad.
    And the stupid Empire's only goal is too keep Palpatine in power.
    Even that silly Rebel alliances is just a puppet for Sidious to weed out any possible left threats.

4. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Not exactly, they don't know that they're indirectly serving the Supreme Chancellor. They only know him as a Sith Lord. They're as fooled as much as the Jedi.

Everyone involved in the war is Palpatine's pawn.

KED12345, Seerow, hlc88 and 4 others like this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    And the Separatist are just pawns of the Chancellor soo ur statement is invalid

LordMortis315, Seerow and hlc88 like this.
  6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That's a new point that TFU brought up and whilst offering an irony and a similar conception to the Confederacy in 24BBY, many find the Rebellion to Restore the Republic is diminished by Palpatine's hand in its creation, myself included.The Jedi and Sith don't have to be involved in everything in galactic affairs, and shouldn't be. That game offers so many inconsistencies regarding the Corellian Treaty and the formation of the Rebellion it's not even funny - Palpatine comes face to face with Bail Organa on the DS, a rebel, but by ANH (2 years later) hasn't killed him, despite Bail residing on Alderaan without secrecy. :rolleyes:

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Fooled - yes. But they were serving him willingly, the Jedi did not know they were serving him.

From what i have said so far, your opinion is invalid. They are his minions. In the end, everybody serves Palpatine and get's cut off - just like little Ani.

The Jedi and Sith get involved but TCW and EU have shown us that there are events that neither group would be involved.

8. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I would say that they serve him mostly through fear, and then willingness. They know that if they get on Sidious' bad side they're dead and quickly replaced.

Seerow likes this.
  9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    The Imperials are the same way. Fear controls them...

10. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    How does this make the Separatists look smarter than the Jedi again?

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  11. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    Geez I don't check the forums for a couple days to prepare for Christmas and all hell breaks loose.

LordMortis315 likes this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hmmm... if you think so feel free to report those posts to me.

13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    Well... Separatists serve Sidious and do things for him knowingly. They know they are supposed to follow the Sith Lord's rules.

The Jedi on the other hand are blind and think that what they do matters, that they fight the Separatists and their Sith masters but that is what makes them more stupid - they get used and serve Sidious unknowingly, they get betrayed and get removed. That is the pathetic part of the Jedi.
    Even the "wise" Yoda plays into SIdious's web of lies - sad.

14. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Separatist and jedi have almost exactly identical role in the war- both are used by Sidious and don't know that they are about to be killed by him (Palpy, since they don't know who is Sidious) in the end. Separatists are more stupid than the jedi most of them being driven by simple greed, but jedi also are blind to Sidious plots and they are fooled as well despite of their wisdom. Some separatists may have plans to betray Dooku at some point but they have no idea that sith wants them all dead. Jedi however understand that they are in danger, but too late they realise that enemy was too close to be seen and they have no time to defeat him anymore. Tragic all of that, but jedi are the smarter ones, just not smart enough, Of course both sides have idiots and geniuses, some have their own selfish goals and others are more altruistic and think they actually combat evil. I think that Separatist senators like Mina or Kerch Kuschi are the stupidest ones, they have no idea what CIS of theirs is doing all the time, mostly blinded by propaganda of CIS I think.

15. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I would think that doing things knowingly for the Sith would make one dumber than being fooled. Gunray and Rune Haako were regretting the bargain they made with Sidious in TPM. After that doesn't at all pan out, let's make another arrangement! Some of the CIS leaders get arrested and sit out most of the war in their jail cell before being freed and staging a capture of Palpatine, that fails. They are then sent to some remote volcanic planet where they wait out the war that they are clearly losing, despite Sidious' assurances that he'll manipulate things in the senate to the CIS' advantage and never came through. He then assures Grievous that the end of the war is near but has no advice as to how the CIS is going to turn the war around that they are clearly losing and Grievous just accepts that.

Now with all of the CIS leaders together on Mustafar and Sidious' lack of ability to keep Grievous and Dooku safe, he assures the CIS Council that Anakin will "take care of them" and they all wait patiently for Anakin to arrive and fulfill Sidious' promise.

Not seeing the intelligence.

Valairy Scot and Seerow like this.
  16. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Hey, nobody's perfect...

I don't see how that's anything new. :p

17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yet the Separatist Council have - probably - been manipulated into joining in the CIS and have probably been promised some power in return for their loyalty/support. And then Sidious promptly has them all murdered. They don't know who Sidious really is - they are just as being used and betrayed just as the Jedi are. You may love the CIS but it is clear that Sidious is just using them as his playthings. Everything in the galaxy is his toy to use how he wishes. Everyone falls in with him. And ends up getting betrayed and killed.

Valairy Scot and Seerow like this.
  18. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Well I think there is delicious irony in having sith taking part in constructing the Rebel Alliance that ultimately destroys them , but rebels already existed, Starkiller only bringing them together and giving them courage to fight. I really liked the plot of the game when Sith have their plans ruined because of their own tool, Starkiller.
    Still not everything is controlled by the sith, Dooku captured for example was a good example of that- Palpy never wanted Dooku to be captured by Hondo's pirates.

I don't know if Bail being on Alderaan during ANH is secret or not- originally (before TFU) I think that Palpy had no idea that Bail was a rebel, but I think he may've been disappeared and just happens to be on Alderaan without Empire knowing where he is. I dunno how that is being explored in EU.

19. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    He definitely knows:

20. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    You understood me wrong - I meant that before TFU it may have been so- and you add a TFU-video as a proof:rolleyes: - of course in TFU he knows that Bail is a rebel. I meant that in pre-TFU EU-material it is not clear that he knows.... Excuse my english I'm not native....

21. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Now I see the bracketed (before TFU) :oops:Sorry about that. But yeah, after TFU the first place Palps should look is probably Aldera. Stupid Sith.

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    On the other hand Alderaan is the stupidest place where Bail could be since- it's so obvious- and therefore the last place where Palpy could expect him to be:p

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Bail probably thought he was safe till the Death Star blew up his planet :p

Paparazzo likes this.
  24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    TFU? What's that? :p

:D

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Sounds like you may have a really unfortunate alt acronym for TFU.