main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC What Presents Did You Give and Get?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Dec 24, 2012.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I got an awesome Dressing gown with hood, it's black and I'm now terrorising my kids pretending I'm Vader.

i also got

£100 ($200 give or take)

2 liters of Rum
    500cl of single malt whisky
    a couple of jumpers and an awesome T shirt

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Remember, people here started a "Happy Birthday Stalin" thread. I think there's more than a few who have no appreciation for working hard and being well-paid for it in return.

Valyn likes this.
  3. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
  4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i appreciate working hard if it's a work of passion or something important or something you need to do to provide for yourself or your family. working way harder than necessary, making yourself miserable in the process, and sacrificing any and all time with your loved ones just so you can buy useless crap, expensive gifts and disney cruises is something i really don't get though.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    A thread about giving and getting gifts turned ugly because...oh, that particular troll. Of course.

Anyway, I have always wanted to play KOTOR(1 and 2) on the PC so as to benefit from cheat codes from the beginning. I have played them front to back side to side every which way male female etc on the Xbox. Now I shalt make every stat 18 and dominate fictional beings beyond measure! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Valyn likes this.
  6. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Star Trek Federation: The First 150 Years book
    Star Trek The Next Generation Pez set
    Darth Vader and R2-D2 tin banks
    Coca-Cola and Atari t-shirts
    Star Wars coffee mugs and a Darth Vader Goblet
    Star Wars candy things
    Some old comics my sister-in-law found (a couple early '80s Marvel Star Trek, Thor, and Spider-Mans)

My cat Billy got some new cat toys, like a large plush rat he seems to like. He's an attack cat, so stuff like that is perfect for him.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Alcohol and firearms? How bourgeois.

8. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008

Throw a few bootleg Cuban cigars in there, and I'll be at the top of the Obama's drone hit list. :p

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    That could change warfare forever.

10. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    The second job may eventually lead to me quitting the first job. There's more opportunity with it.

11. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Starbucks gift card $15
    Amazon gift card $25
    $200 cash
    a few games over Steam

so far

12. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
  13. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    There's an inverse relationship between Vivec's cash and Vivec's games from Steam

Lord Vivec likes this.
  14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Steam sale, how I hate you. But also love you.

I bought myself a Galaxy tablet. Because, you know... **** Apple.

15. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Kindle Fire HD loaded with Harry Potter books and games
    $25 Amazon Gift Card (spent on a 40 piece Rubbermaid food storage set just now)
    $150 and counting in cash (expecting a few more cards)
    Dark Knight Rises Blu-Ray
    Sherlock Holmes Blu-Ray
    Three Stooges DVD
    Finding Nemo Blu-Ray (don't judge me, I got a free ticket to Monsters, INC!)
    $15 Starbucks giftcard
    Candle Holder

16. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I hate the guy who gave me Civilization V. Instant addiction.

Point Given and MASTERPRENN like this.
  17. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I've started playing that again over this break. Just won a science victory as the Americans. First time I actually won a game!

18. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Is it another server job or something totally different/unrelated?

19. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    No, a thread about giving and getting gifts turned ugly because some people chose to give someone unasked-for advice about how to run his life, with a side of condescending disapproval. It then got worse because you took it upon yourself to answer a comment I made to him (and not to you), figuring that it would be alright to take a snide little swipe at me because I wouldn't want to look like a Grinch with any further escalation.

Fair enough, so I'll just end this little line of conversation here: He didn't ask your advice about how to arrange his finances and I didn't ask your advice about what to post in this thread. So just keep it to yourself next time, okay?

Valyn likes this.
  20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Dude guy, you're new here and know nothing of our long history with Valyn. He's pretty notorious for starting these kinds of threads where he talks about spending ridiculous amounts of money on crap... it happens to much that we have a game running.
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/wtf-what-the-will-valyn-spend-his-money-on-next.31942142/

I suggest easing back a little and learning something about the community you're jumping into before you go jumping down peoples' throats for stuff you have no clue about.

Adam of Nuchtern and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Narutakikun

Nov 8, 2012
    Thanks. Still not looking for advice on what to post here though. Nor will I ever be, so that should save you some keystrokes in the future.

Anyway, you ain't his dad and I ain't his lawyer, so I'm not going to argue with you about Valyn and how he spends his money. Frankly, it sounds like it's none of either of our business.

22. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    So getting my parents a modern-age TV for all the nice things they've done for me and my family is an example of me spending money on useless crap? Getting a friend a Dark Knight Rises DVD because he's never seen the movie, desperately wants to, and is going through a rough time where this will be the only present he gets is an example of spending money on crap?

I'm sorry, but I absolutely love to give awesome presents. And the sincere thank yous I get from my recipients doesn't by any means make me think that my money was wasted.

I don't know what the problem here is. That I make more money than some of you? That this combines with my ability to also save and invest money? By no means am I living any more lavishly than my friends and neighbors. I honestly can't even imagine what some of you live like if you think my financial management is "ridiculous."

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    There's an achievement for nuking someone as the Mayans in 2012. :)

Lord Vivec and Lowbacca_1977 like this.
  24. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh ok, so your plan is to build upon the excellent impression you've created for us so far with more goodness? Awesome.

But yeah, I can tell you're not after advice because someone who makes a comment about the Stalin birthday thread and people not appreciating hard work whilst accepting money from a third party to pay off his loans is clearly not in need of anything!

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  25. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Ender, are you referring to me? I'm not accepting money from anyone... :confused: