main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Terrible moments in otherwise great movies

Discussion in 'Community' started by Adam of Nuchtern, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Greedo shooting first.

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Don't do that. If you want to say something, say it. Don't misquote me to get your point across.

3. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Agreed. The last ten minutes of that movie were way too rushed.

So Charles is shot in the back and paralyzed.....and both Magneto and Mystique just up and leave? With all of the great character development going on in the movie, it went into full on ROTS mode in trying to wrap everything up too quickly just to set everything up for Bryan Singer's X-Men.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    It did a pretty poor job with continuity anyway. Why cling to Singer's X-Men films in the last 10 minutes if you're going to casually forget about them throughout the rest of the film? They weren't great or even good. The only popular thing that came from them was Hugh Jackman's Wolverine.

5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Excuse me? X-2 was one of the best superhero movies made in the modern era. Nightcrawler, who had less than 10 minutes of screen time, had more character development than the majority of the "main characters" in Avengers. Without twists, gimmicks, or much pretension, it just delivered as an enjoyable film.

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'll have to agree with you here. X2 is simply the best X-Men film ever made, even much better than First Class. Which is why it hurts so much to see how the franchise went downhill with X3 and everything that followed afterwards.