main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Am I too nice or just plain stupid

Discussion in 'Community' started by beezel26, Dec 26, 2012.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    In August of last year, my roommate told me that she had gotten her account hacked and all the money stolen. Well over 5000. Mine got hacked to but got shut down before anything bad happened. Bank of America wouldn't give back the money for some reason. Anyway, she asked me to pay the bills until she got the money back. I agreed, We were in a lease and she was in school. I assumed a few months at worst. Its december 2012 and she is still using me.
    After going thru my accounts, I never had online accounts in my bank until a few months ago. I assumed we just didn't have the money to survive. Now I realize she was paying credit cards off and opening new ones and buying stuff on Amazon with my accounts. Money disappeared to where god only knows. She has spent 14000 that is what I can track. Not including food or gas if we split it up. I trusted her to do the right thing. Now I found out she wasn't even paying off the bills that I have. I saw a disconnect notice for the electricity and yet she paid her credit card bills off. She is hiding all the statements and bills from me. She no longer has access to my debit card cause she would ask to fill up her card and spend money along with it. Seriously, I had feelings for someone else before her and something changed. But now I don't care. Honestly, cheating on someone is easier then this. Was I just too nice or stupid. She is nice person but has this other side of her. She suffers from depression.
    Meanwhile, all the stuff in the apartment is hers, the computer, the tv, the furniture. I am ready to kick her and make her leave her stuff. I didn't mind taking care of her. But its the betrayal of trust with my money that is the worse. oh and she decided she was a lesbian. Which meant I had no chance in the world. But she was my friend and honestly, living alone well not so good anymore. But its the betrayal of trust I can't get over. Was I just too nice or plain stupid?

2. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    the second thing.

3. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i didnt read the op but im reasonably confident whatever the question is, the answer is not the first option

4. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I read the OP and conclude it is indeed the second one

V-2 and AaylaSecurOWNED like this.
  5. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    okay i read the op and i would like to remind everyone that doing stuff you wouldnt normally do for someone because you find them attractive and you want to get laid does not make you "too nice". it makes you dumb and shallow

Bowen, Falcon, V-2 and 17 others like this.
  6. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Funny thing thing was since we were both on the lease, I figured I had no choice. It would negatively affect me no matter what. So I figured at least I get some sort of friendship and companionship out of it. I wouldn't be so lonely and the landlord screaming at me for the entire lease. I didn't want sex out of it.

7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i feel sorry for you but at the same time i dont at all

Bowen, Point Given , Whitey and 3 others like this.
  8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    You realize the landlord didn't actually care how it got paid? You could have just given more than your "share" and thereby preserved your credit rating?

Master_Jacen and AaylaSecurOWNED like this.
  9. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    that's what he did but i think he's let it go on into a renewed lease. given that this has been going on close to a year and a half

also he could have kicked her out and found someone new on craigslist who could at least pay their bills from the get-go (this would have been the correct option)

10. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I don't have any words, but I'm laughing so hard after reading the OP.

11. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    This is when I lost it.

Bob Crow, Darth Punk , V-2 and 12 others like this.
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    How the **** does someone go through $14,000 of your money without you knowing it?

And yeah, that OP needs to be archived, saved, held on to, nominated for OP of the year.

13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    fourteen thousand (14,000). dollars. of beezels money. stolen by a "lesbian" temptress

its really sinking in now

but seriously beez: im not saying this to be mean but in the future if a woman, having met you, consents to cohabitate with you in any capacity, you can just go ahead and take that as suspicious

Bowen, V-2, harpua and 5 others like this.
  14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I was prepared to go for too nice, until you revealed that the embezzled amount was $14 frigging thousand dollars. That qualifies as stupid.

Agent M and AaylaSecurOWNED like this.
  15. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm trying to figure out if this story is real. I'll assume it isn't and enjoy the lulz.

If it is real, then I can't help to sympathize since that person reminded me of an ex from centuries back. However, my answer to the OP would be option B.

16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Lesbian temptress. Hmm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok, the former could potentially scam me for perhaps dozens of dollars. But in no way could either scam me for 14K.

18. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    you're being misogynist and homophobic right now. just fyi

Point Given , Agent M, V-2 and 10 others like this.
  19. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003

Bacon164 likes this.
  20. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    It's a joke, get over it and yourselves.

21. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh Dani will just love this!

CT-867-5309 and AaylaSecurOWNED like this.
  22. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Is this a trick question?

23. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Oversexualizing/objectifying and insulting generalizations out of ignorance towards a type of people isn't a joke. :/

24. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    No, we knew each other from another place. The land lord didn't like her and because I was being nice to her started harrassing me. So I decided it was time to move. We moved in together and for a few months everything was split equally. I have learned a lot of as a man. I was really stunted emotionally. Listen, living by yourself all your life without someone close to you takes a toll. But having someone to care for even if there is no sex is nice. In a sense I was forced to grow up. I had to learn what real responsibility was. I worked as much as I could. I kept my spending habits down to nothing. We didn't eat out. I let her take responsibility for the bills because she was good at it. I assumed she was going to do the right thing. Never did she tell me that she had opened up extra credit card accounts.

25. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    The 14k is includes rent, insurance, and some of her spending habits that include her credit cards and her sprint bill. She got an Iphone. Me, I got one of those pay as you go cheap phones. 25 a month for me. Oh and she has a bad addiction to shopping on Amazon.com.